United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Utter shit again ...I see the Ostrich crew are out in force....three wins in 18 and no away win since PSG....just resign Ole and put yourself out of misery because if you don't it's gonna get a lot worse
1 in 4

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And having Phill Jones on corners.
At least it’s Luke Shaw now and Lindelof on long free kicks

State of our forwards and ‘creative’ players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I half blame woody for that summer tbh, £#%&!ing stars in his eyes bringing in di maria and falcao.

28m on schneiderlin
Absolutely every single one of us thought Shaw and Schneiderlin were belting signings

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
1 in 4
Two points out of games agsainst Wolves Palace and Southampton

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Two points out of games agsainst Wolves Palace and Southampton
Drew 2-2 at Southampton while they were in the Hughes doldrums last season IIRC..

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolutely every single one of us thought Shaw and Schneiderlin were belting signings
Actually had some reservations about Schneiderlin tbh. Especially after he looked terrified on his debut.

I didn't feel being top of the league in autumn was cause for concern though.

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Actually had some reservations about Schneiderlin tbh. Especially after he looked terrified on his debut.

I didn't feel being top of the league in autumn was cause for concern though.
Oh the faith in both waned quickly nqat

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
For half an hour...In November....
The most mythologised half hour in our history

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The most mythologised half hour in our history
Don't knock it. Apparently winning the Guy Fawkes league was the last decent thing we did. Heady days.

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
At least it’s Luke Shaw now and Lindelof on long free kicks

State of our forwards and ‘creative’ players

Speak for yourself.

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Drew 2-2 at Southampton while they were in the Hughes doldrums last season IIRC..
Not allowed to talk about last season pal.

Edit- Ah you're talking about when Mou was still manager, carry on...

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:53 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Speak for yourself.
Really want to see Williams brought in at left back.

He's got serious quality and dynamic.

Issues defensively but Shaw and Young are shit defensiveness, young isn't a defender and Shaw is thick as pig shit.

Was so excited by Shaw when he signed but he's gone.

Add Gomes and garner please and Tuanzebe in for lindlelof.

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:00 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Utter shit again ...I see the Ostrich crew are out in force....three wins in 18 and no away win since PSG....just resign Ole and put yourself out of misery because if you don't it's gonna get a lot worse
Spot on, Ole out (his depth)

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Stone Monkey

Amazes me how you expect us to be doing better with this squad, owners, GM etc.

Were actaually punching above our weight so stop moaning!

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:31 PM
saayfooty

Negatives from the game:

1) The formation was the wrong one to use. You're killing the best attacking player we have, Pogba.

We should have started 433, Matic in DM, Pogba and whoever in CM (I would put Mata as a CM). They can push higher up the pitch and receive the ball in between the lines instead of receiving the ball in our half.

When Pogba receives the ball on the half turn in those areas, things happen (we saw this today when he put through Rashford twice and linked up with Young and James).

Also, we found it difficult to play out of the back when in 4231. The flat 2 DMs can't create the necessary angles and patterns of play.

2) The right wing is a HUGE problem. I would play someone who actually knows how to play the position. For me, the only player who looks good their out of the current players is Greenwood. He is tricky and secure with the ball. He is direct and holds wide when he needs to.

3) The goal we conceded was poor defending overall. Once the ball is cleared the whole defensive line should get out of the box (or as high as possible). They don't and therefore a semi decent ball hung up at the back post in the 6 yard box can be taken advantage of by centre back. That is set piece defending 101.

Maybe De Gea should have caught the 1st cross or the 2nd one.

Maybe Lindelof should have done better.

Maybe Wan Bissaka should have closed the crosser down better.

Positives from this game were:

1) Mata was playing well in CAM. He received the ball on the half turn and served as an efficient outlet when the oppo pressed high up the pitch

2) James - IMO James should play left wing in most of our games. He understands the position, he is direct, tricky, does what you're supposed to do and can go inside and outside of the full back. He is way better than Rashford and Martial in that position.

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:41 PM
dunk

Matic can’t play. Too slow, too cumbersome, shit on the ball and exposes the defence.

Mata was decent for 25 minutes, then they sussed it, closed him down and he didn’t have another kick worthy of the name till he was hooked.

De Gea ‘s save from the first header was pathetic and reeked of a lack of confidence.

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:46 PM
saayfooty

Quote:
Matic can’t play. Too slow, too cumbersome, shit on the ball and exposes the defence.
He has to for the sake of the system. He is solid enough to play.

I think people are overstating his 'slowness' when in possession, he shouldn't even get on the ball that much. He will just be a bouncing board.

In a 4 3 3, the key players will be the CMs. The CBs need to find them if we are being pressed high up the pitch. Matic is there purely to provide cover on the transition and allow Pogba to be higher up the pitch when he receives the ball.

When he plays deep he is trying to do two roles at once. The Scottish Player isn't good enough to dictate play and get forward and make something happen.

Pogba plays better in a 3 and Matic is the best DM we have.

Unread 31-08-2019, 08:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
He has to for the sake of the system. He is solid enough to play.

I think people are overstating his 'slowness' when in possession, he shouldn't even get on the ball that much. He will just be a bouncing board.

In a 4 3 3, the key players will be the CMs. The CBs need to find them if we are being pressed high up the pitch. Matic is there purely to provide cover on the transition and allow Pogba to be higher up the pitch when he receives the ball.

When he plays deep he is trying to do two roles at once. The Scottish Player isn't good enough to dictate play and get forward and make something happen.

Pogba plays better in a 3 and Matic is the best DM we have.
Yep.

It’s not ideal but for now I think it’s a must.

Unread 31-08-2019, 08:11 PM
woody78

Quote:
Negatives from the game:

1) The formation was the wrong one to use. You're killing the best attacking player we have, Pogba.

We should have started 433, Matic in DM, Pogba and whoever in CM (I would put Mata as a CM). They can push higher up the pitch and receive the ball in between the lines instead of receiving the ball in our half.

When Pogba receives the ball on the half turn in those areas, things happen (we saw this today when he put through Rashford twice and linked up with Young and James).

Also, we found it difficult to play out of the back when in 4231. The flat 2 DMs can't create the necessary angles and patterns of play.

2) The right wing is a HUGE problem. I would play someone who actually knows how to play the position. For me, the only player who looks good their out of the current players is Greenwood. He is tricky and secure with the ball. He is direct and holds wide when he needs to.

3) The goal we conceded was poor defending overall. Once the ball is cleared the whole defensive line should get out of the box (or as high as possible). They don't and therefore a semi decent ball hung up at the back post in the 6 yard box can be taken advantage of by centre back. That is set piece defending 101.

1) Mata was playing well in CAM. He received the ball on the half turn and served as an efficient outlet when the oppo pressed high up the pitch

2) James - IMO James should play left wing in most of our games. He understands the position, he is direct, tricky, does what you're supposed to do and can go inside and outside of the full back. He is way better than Rashford and Martial in that position.
Agree with most of that

Would like to see Fred given a chance at some point in a midfield 3. He's certainly better than pereira.
I can't believe we still haven't got a right sided midfielder

If James keeps up his form then rashford will get put on the right when martial returns

Unread 31-08-2019, 08:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Negatives from the game:

Nice posting pal.

Unread 31-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Sparky***