United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I'd post you a link to the post as proof but it seems to have been lost in cyber space.

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ancient Rome ancient Rome we are coming,
Ancient Rome ancient Rome i say....
Ancient Rome ancient Rome we are coming,
We are coming at the end of may.......
Liking it

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:53 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I'd post you a link to the post as proof but it seems to have been lost in cyber space.
no worries Fuzzy...i think youve got away with it

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this is a titanic moment, but did anyone notice Fergies body language during the substitutions ?

He greeted Anderson and Rooney warmly, shook their hands and patted them on the back. He blanked Evra completely, stood at the other side of the technical area and didnt even look at him.

Didn't someone on here say that he was upset with thim ?
He fell out with Ando last season too if I remember correctly. I'd like to see Fergies reaction myself so I can get a better judgement.

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
MUFC One Love

All credit to Evra, he has come out of his slump in form well. All the talk was of what Walcott was going to do to Evra, Walcott was subbed off in both games wasn't he? Don't think he did Evra once.

Getting to back to back European Cup finals is special, it's weird, you just don't expect United to do stuff like this.

We'll finish the job in the league 'cos everyone will be on a high and there seems to be no tiredness. Fergie has rotated superbly recently tbf. We'll comfortably beat City they are shit.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
All credit to Evra, he has come out of his slump in form well. All the talk was of what Walcott was going to do to Evra, Walcott was subbed off in both games wasn't he? Don't think he did Evra once.

Getting to back to back European Cup finals is special, it's weird, you just don't expect United to do stuff like this.

We'll finish the job in the league 'cos everyone will be on a high and there seems to be no tiredness. Fergie has rotated superbly recently tbf. We'll comfortably beat City they are shit.
I'm absolutely praying so.

Imagine that band of shit c***s doing us again at OT?

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Couple of great saves again from Almunia tonight. That one from Rooney in the 1st half was brilliant.
Agreed - a lesser keeper and we'd have put 7 or 8 past them over the 2 legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
"biscuitgate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
great display from jos again. having his best season since his first. nasri is getting absolutely nowhere against him.
Agreed - him and Fletcher made me so emotional last night. Wonderful performances.

What got me was how SAF moved JOS to LB and he just did a great job there too.

Deserrves a starting position in the final - pleased for the lad.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Sparky***

Back to back european cup finals. I honest to god never thought I'd see the day.

We used to get so much shit in the early 90's didn't we. "Pfft, yeah you play well in the league but you don't do f*** all in Europe, do you?" (1991 excluded) And to be fair, we couldn't argue with that. English football was still busy dragging itself out of the doldrums.

Now though, we sit here - as Liverpool did in the late 70's/early 80's as the dominant force in England and that, in turn, is reflected in europe due to the strength of our domestic league.

I know there is a final, huge furlong to go before anything is decided - but maybe now, this club might not be seen as 'underachievers' in europe for once.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Back to back european cup finals. I honest to god never thought I'd see the day.

We used to get so much shit in the early 90's didn't we. "Pfft, yeah you play well in the league but you don't do f*** all in Europe, do you?" (1991 excluded) And to be fair, we couldn't argue with that. English football was still busy dragging itself out of the doldrums.

Now though, we sit here - as Liverpool did in the late 70's/early 80's as the dominant force in England and that, in turn, is reflected in europe due to the strength of our domestic league.

I know there is a final, huge furlong to go before anything is decided - but maybe now, this club might not be seen as 'underachievers' in europe for once.
I reflect this post. To win back to back European Cups would unquestionably put this team down (on paper no question about it) as one of the great European sides. It would be surreal to me almost.

Still think we'll lose though.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
sullers

Back to back finals. f***ing hell, didn't even think of this for some reason.

Fergie will never be bettered I don't think, especially the way management is now.

Unbeliveable. How does he do it?

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I reflect this post. To win back to back European Cups would unquestionably put this team down (on paper no question about it) as one of the great European sides. It would be surreal to me almost.

Still think we'll lose though.
It's an almighty ask isn't it. To retain the trophy, i mean.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Unbeliveable. How does he do it?
he's been very, very lucky

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he's been very, very lucky
and he cheats.

Unread 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM
wiganste

Great night. Still f***ed. Buzzing

over & out

Unread 06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
go back to washing elephants with your dad, you snidey arsewipe
interesting.

Unread 06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
interesting.
Think her fella is starting to rub off on her.

adeboyer is a c*** though. Could've done permanent damage, don't think he'd get in our team now.

Unread 06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Think her fella is starting to rub off on her.

the thing is, it looks like it was said in the heat of the moment. always a good time to catch a racist as their true feelings come out. f*** knows what she has shouted at her monitor about me in the past.

Quote:
adeboyer is a c*** though. Could've done permanent damage, don't think he'd get in our team now
dont know who adeboyer is tbh.

Unread 08-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Sparky***

Arsenal v United highlights are now available on sky anytime.

it's also being repeated tonight at 9pm on sky sports xtra.

listen and laugh along with gooners Tyler and Alan Smith.
Closed Thread