United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I did a real life towards my Dad, when one of the SKY commentators said they thought 1-0 to us, was a better result for Arsenal, than it was for us.

In the US we have this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
Agreed. They won't have the CL next season though so no more Tommy "onion bag" Smyth
He does say that alot doesnt he. Everytime someone scores!!!

Best comment of the night anyway....'O'shea is getting a lot of joy bombing down that right hand side....he's like Cafu out there'

Unread 30-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Jez Quigley

Default The advantage of

watching it in Rumainian is that I am totoally unbiased by commentators.

1) Alumina (sp?) made some amazing saves tbh
2) Fletcher was absolutely superb. Think about that. Darren Fletcher the best central midfielder on the pitch during a CL Semi Final. Who's a thunk it - but he was brilliant.
3) Rooney = World Class.
4) Ronaldo - just a bit more luck and he'd have had another amazing goal.
5) Anderson - just needs one goal and he'll be a different player. He really is the Brazilian John Jensen.

Superb performance from the team last night - a but more luck and we really could have been looking at a 4 or 5 nil drubbing.

As for the result we did get - well, I'm not exactly distraught. Everyone keeps babbling on about the away goal (which Arse didn't get) and I honestly see us getting at least one goal there - which means they'd need 3 I think to go through.

Not counting the chickens but we aer ina good position - and the only blip was Rio's injury. Oh - and the fact that an escapee from Arkham Asylum had been given the job of reffing. I think that only a G20 copper assaulting CR would have garnered any sympathy for out Garlic Belt Legend last night. Shocking.

Unread 30-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Twote Bohng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I honestly see us getting at least one goal there - which means they'd need 3 I think to go through.
Well done twot.

Unread 30-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twote Bohng
Well done twot.

Oi - it's early, the hamsters powering up my brain haven't got fully going yet

Do see us scoring though - that Arse defence will Moonmanhead will make a blunder sooner or later.

Unread 30-04-2009, 07:54 AM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Disagree, I like Fletcher but he was pretty bad tonight. Turning like a bus and generally off the pace.
What balls he was top notch all game ffs.

Unread 30-04-2009, 08:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
You're not even 2 then? We beat Milan 3-2 in 2007
Shit. forgot about that.

Technically, Milan scored 2, so we lost that one, going off current logic

Unread 30-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Disagree, I like Fletcher but he was pretty bad tonight. Turning like a bus and generally off the pace.

Happier with the performance than the result personally but happy all the same.

Don't understand why Tevez came off.

Unread 30-04-2009, 08:20 AM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Neither did Teves, Barbatov has no pace what so ever felt Teves had more to give, enjoyed the match though, cracking atmosphere with some great chanting, apart from the bloke two rows back who was asleep.

Unread 30-04-2009, 08:31 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Missed a sitter, lost the ball about 8 times with a poor first touch, so perhaps Fergie thought a bit of composure was needed

Otherwise a good performance from him though, gave it his all as usual

Unread 30-04-2009, 11:03 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
Neither did Teves, Barbatov has no pace what so ever felt Teves had more to give, enjoyed the match though, cracking atmosphere with some great chanting, apart from the bloke two rows back who was asleep.
fergie wanted better ball retention for the last 20 minutes or so as arsenal pressed for an away goal. same reason for giggs coming on for anderson.

didn't seem too happy tevez, though, did he? well, he can choose: come on towards the end to replace berbles or come off towards the end to be replaced by berbles. not sure what he was upset about tbh.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Sparky***

Gooners at work today were proper pissed off.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Thought we were excellent last night, but talk about leaving it on a knife edge
Also, the injury to Rio has really put the skids under the run-in

We have to gamble on Saturday now (team selection wise)...which is so f***ing risky given the consequences of us not winning the League ... but at the same time we CANNOT pass up this wonderful opportunity to win back to back European Cups.

The season is so finely balanced

Incidentally. Vintage ABU bias pouring out of every media outlet today - Papers, Talkshite, SSNews etc... "ADVANTAGE ARSENAL!"..."GREAT RESULT FOR ARSENAL!" ..."ALMUNIA LEADS ARSENAL TO THE FINAL" etc...
I don't think I've heard anyone say how we absolutely bossed the game & showed Arsenal up for what they are - ie; not in our f***ing class.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

huge game on saturday.

Obviously I don't think rio will play. which is f***ing gutting.

but step up reds, time to be counted.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:30 PM
armchair

Fergie says same back four except for Rio and a different midfield and attack.

I think the substitution of Tev last night was to keep him angry.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:45 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
huge game on saturday.

Obviously I don't think rio will play. which is f***ing gutting.

but step up reds, time to be counted.
Agreed, this is the time to nail it, no f*** up's please.

Unread 30-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Fergie says same back four except for Rio and a different midfield and attack.

I think the substitution of Tev last night was to keep him angry.
i think you could be right

Unread 30-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i think you could be right

childish. Immature. Silly.

That's right tickled me that has
Closed Thread