Develop existing
Why ?

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
New stadium is absolutely off limits.

Develop existing
But stop £#%&!ing banging on about Munich, the single thing in our history that’s led us to where we are today?

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:48 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Let's not be too hasty here - if he's willing to consider a more London friendly location I think we can all agree that would be a good thing for the club?

More like 'The Old Trafford of the South'?
'Southern Old Trafford'...or just 'Sold Trafford'.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:51 PM
silv

could we put some brick cladding on it?

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:52 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Clad it with the first team squad

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Probably easier than starting a poll with “yes” or “no” options.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Develop existing
This....

Absolutely disgusting from Jim and his sources....

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:59 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
how many of the top teams in Europe are still playing in the same stadiums they were in ten years ago for a hundred years? (Genuine question btw)
genuine but incoherent

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:09 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Why ?
A few reasons for me

I think Old Trafford is an important historical building that should be protected

My personal preference is I do not like these corporate sponsored souless bowls.

Modernising the existing stadium forces ingenuity and creativity. Instead of picking design B from random architecture firm and adding something like an arch to maintain a false sense of identity.

'Ooooh the roof changes colours so we can show support for random world atrocity a, b and c'

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:21 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
A few reasons for me

I think Old Trafford is an important historical building that should be protected

My personal preference is I do not like these corporate sponsored souless bowls.

Modernising the existing stadium forces ingenuity and creativity. Instead of picking design B from random architecture firm and adding something like an arch to maintain a false sense of identity.

'Ooooh the roof changes colours so we can show support for random world atrocity a, b and c'
But when they are done right, you can get an awesome stadium.

The San Siro and the Allianz Arena are two great examples, and they would never fit in the exact footprint of the current OT.

I think you're being a bit disingenuous when you talk about "random architects" tbf. They aren't going to choose Ridgeons to do it ffs.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:30 PM
CyrilSkeer

So the inevitable of a new stadium is that the seat / location I have had relatively close to the pitch in North lower since 1996 would be massively hiked in price. We'd then be offered an "alternative" seat up in the gods which would probably still be way more expensive than currently. Much like the berts did to long time fans not so long ago I seem to recall.

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:44 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Old Trafford needs renovating in a big way or a new ground building. State of it compared to Spurs.
Spurs is shit (for football)

Unread 06-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Sparky***

As much as I’d love for them to redevelop old Trafford - I can’t see them doing it.

From a logistical point of view it’s far easier to build new on the acres of industrial land around Trafford park.

I love the place but since when has sentiment stood in the way of progress

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Develop existing
This.

Hopefully it’s %@#$&!s, or he’s just testing the water. I assume the fans groups etc will take a unified position on it and let him know he’s barking up the wrong tree.

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:20 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Oh ffs

Check user cp
Blimey, you weren't kidding

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:24 PM
no fun

If this did go ahead I hope the contractors have a unionised work force who make as much trouble as possible for big Jim Tory @#%&!

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
If this did go ahead I hope the contractors have a unionised work force who make as much trouble as possible for big Jim Tory @#%&!
would imagine it would be Bangladeshis/Pakistanis working for a Qatari company..

Unread 07-02-2024, 01:52 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
This.

Hopefully it’s %@#$&!s, or he’s just testing the water. I assume the fans groups etc will take a unified position on it and let him know he’s barking up the wrong tree.

Unread 07-02-2024, 09:22 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Super, then it’ll take twice as long and cost twice as much.

I work adjacent to the construction industry and a new project will see hundreds of jobs created and thousands secured locally, even if it’s a foreign owned contractor.

The good thing about this country is, all those workers will be paid a rate they agree to in a contract and it’ll probably be around the market rate. If they aren’t happy at any stage, they have the absolute luxury of being able to quit and get another job. Union my arse.

I hope they make the seats a bit bigger in whatever they do to accommodate my lanky frame.