United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up I'm looking forward to the Zenit game on Friday.

Bit of pressure off for a start. Also hopefully will see the return of the Cougar and Nani. Another game under the belt for Rooney and Anderson. Should be able to play without restriction and really attack Zenit, hopefully see a great performnce that'll really get our season going. has turned out as an advantage to play it at the moment imo.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I hope he rests Anderson. And quite frankly I don't think I'll even watch the game unless it's on in the pub I'm in. After getting the season underway I really can't be arsed with what is essentially a friendly.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Peter griffin

What channel is it on?

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:54 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter griffin
What channel is it on?
itv

tbh its come at the right time aswell .. as long as the crocks arent called up for internationals we shoud have a fairly strong squad back for the liverpool game

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Ginners

he said those who need games will get them

if we signed berbie before then i would imagine he would play
neville will play
cougar if fit will play
i think rooney needs games so he will play
would not be surprised to see poss-posse-possebon start
maybe evans will get a game
obviously nani will play

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:57 AM
MUFC One Love

It's a great time to play it imo. A big win at Pompey means there isn't as much pressure at Anfield, and by Anfield we could have won the Super Cup and have quite a few players back. And probably Berbatov in the squad.

Completely forgot about Nani, a great asset to have now he is back. I thought Anderson was superb at Pompey considering he had only just got back from China.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Nani would have been useless against Pompey.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I hope he rests Anderson. And quite frankly I don't think I'll even watch the game unless it's on in the pub I'm in. After getting the season underway I really can't be arsed with what is essentially a friendly.
You really should try and develop a bit of enthusiasm for United.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

elephantstone

I hope we field our strongest team and add this trophy to our list

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Nani would have been useless against Pompey.
Why, he is an excellent crosser of the ball and scores important goals, useful attributes in a wide player.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
cant lose this one, still not forgotten lazio celebrating like mad when they beat us

Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
what that man said. we have earned the right to compete for this trophy.

Sloane

it will be interesting to watch, even if we rest anderson and a couple of others i will be excited to other players come like nani, possebon, g nev etc. i hope we do go out to win it

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I'll try to do that thanks.
Quote:
Why, he is an excellent crosser of the ball and scores important goals, useful attributes in a wide player.
Wasn't the game for crosses was it? Diop would have muscled the fanny off the ball and Fletcher would put in far more work defensively.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'll try to do that thanks.

Wasn't the game for crosses was it? Diop would have muscled the fanny off the ball and Fletcher would put in far more work defensively.
He'd have made a total @#%&! of Diop with his pace, class and skill and fletcher would still have played.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Don Stuarte

Looking forward to it a lot.

Not really seen us play since Moscow.

The only pre season game I watched was Kaiser Chiefs but I was flicking between that and the cricket and the Open.

I gabbed all the way through the CS cos I bumped into a mate Ive not seen for ages.

Missed the Newcastle game cos I was at V Festival (in a cell at V Festival)

Only got the first half on Monday cos I was in Lisbon and I moved bars at half time but it wasnt on in the next place so I £#%&!ed it off.

Getting in the Bowling Green for about 6ish and getting shitfaced with some pals.

Gonna be good, I reckon

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:23 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
Looking forward to it a lot.

Not really seen us play since Moscow.

The only pre season game I watched was Kaiser Chiefs but I was flicking between that and the cricket and the Open.

I gabbed all the way through the CS cos I bumped into a mate Ive not seen for ages.

Missed the Newcastle game cos I was at V Festival (in a cell at V Festival)

Only got the first half on Monday cos I was in Lisbon and I moved bars at half time but it wasnt on in the next place so I £#%&!ed it off.

Getting in the Bowling Green for about 6ish and getting shitfaced with some pals.

Gonna be good, I reckon
top red jcl

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

I really don't see it as a friendly either. There is a genuine trophy to be won, one which it seems other European clubs rate if as has been said Lazio's reactions are to be judged. I'm honestly looking forwrad to watching these players go out and express themselves.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Yep, should be a good one.
Closed Thread