Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Unread 12-05-2022, 07:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
* although I was at a match here the other day, at Union St Gilloise who are trying to win the Belgian league, and they've risen so fast their ground isn't up to CL football. In the massive queue to get in, this one bloke said 'imagine if we get in the champions league and draw man city'. I just thought, £#%&! me, how things have changed. When man city are mentioned I still think of Brian Horton and Peter Beagrie.
I saw that the other day. They're only promoted this year isn't it, and it's their first time ever in the top div, now they're in with a shot of winning it. That's pretty cool. Hope they do get in, draw Man City and knock them out.

Unread 12-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I saw that the other day. They're only promoted this year isn't it, and it's their first time ever in the top div, now they're in with a shot of winning it. That's pretty cool. Hope they do get in, draw Man City and knock them out.
Not first time ever, first time since 1972. They were one of the bigger clubs in Belgium decades ago and even got to the semis of the Fairs Cup, but then plummeted down the divisions.

Look to have run out of steam at the death, which is a shame after leading for most of the season, finishing 1st, and now struggling through the weird playoff system.

Unread 12-05-2022, 09:35 PM
andyroo

Vinicius got a hat-trick tonight... against Levante admittedly, but still, going into the final in good form

Unread 12-05-2022, 10:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thanks for that. Really makes the gloating city fans easier to stomach back here.

You probably don’t see this but city have 100% media support over here. It’s taken a German newspaper to report on their FFP transgressions. If it had been reported here earlier, they would have been prosecuted earlier and wouldn’t have escaped prosecution. It’s blatant cheating on a industrial scale - proven so - and no one, literally no one, gives a shit. It’s actually materially ruining football and still no one gives a shit. Dr stranger actively has a go at people celebrating their losses ffs.

You don’t give a shit because you live in Australia and have some historic beef with Liverpool - a club which to be fair to them, who have done it the right way despite their owners.

I hate city, not so much because they’ve turned into a massively successful football club, but because of the way they’ve done it and the fact that no one, takes them to task over it.

Don’t really give a shite about what is easier for you over there, pal and well aware of the German reports etc , you probably learned of it from the same sources that I did.

Maybe you haven’t noticed but most reds have a historic beef with Liverpool. Partly because they’ve had @#%&!s like Sounness, Case, Smith, Gerrard etc getting away with murder and they still come out smelling of roses. Their fans, the most despicable @#%&!s, bar none, slashing scarfers in Stanley Park whilst the media cum all over them and their “humour” and force feed ynwa on us that everyone used to sing but have gifted them, just like they are the only “reds” in existence. Is it really that difficult a concept for to grasp that most of us find both our worst enemies galling but have an opinion on who are the least offensive without you balling your eyes out every time it doesn’t coincide with yours. Grow the £#%&! up

Unread 12-05-2022, 10:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Don’t really give a shite about what is easier for you over there, pal and well aware of the German reports etc , you probably learned of it from the same sources that I did.

Maybe you haven’t noticed but most reds have a historic beef with Liverpool. Partly because they’ve had @#%&!s like Sounness, Case, Smith, Gerrard etc getting away with murder and they still come out smelling of roses. Their fans, the most despicable @#%&!s, bar none, slashing scarfers in Stanley Park whilst the media cum all over them and their “humour” and force feed ynwa on us that everyone used to sing but have gifted them, just like they are the only “reds” in existence. Is it really that difficult a concept for to grasp that most of us find both our worst enemies galling but have an opinion on who are the least offensive without you balling your eyes out every time it doesn’t coincide with yours. Grow the £#%&! up
I’ve been to Anfield with united more times than you have pal. Fact. Stfu.

Unread 12-05-2022, 11:40 PM
The taste of...

I’m afraid it’s a no brainer or should be for anyone who put up with the
fawning over the vermin domination in the 70’s and 80’s

If it weren’t for 89 those @#%&!s would still be waving Munich flags and getting away with it too.

It’s what made our dominance more beautiful that it shoved all that back down their throats and the treble was a stake through their rancid hearts. Especially after 77.

They are not concerned with city winning things either as they know it’s meaningless too, they are simply obsessed with matching us. The Bert’s aren’t their rivals, just an obstacle in trying to out do us.

Unread 13-05-2022, 06:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I’ve been to Anfield with united more times than you have pal. Fact. Stfu.
What, delivering milk with United Dairies?

Not even nearly. Yer mam wouldn’t let you go.

£#%&! off.

Unread 13-05-2022, 06:16 AM
AK14

Liverpool winning a quad would be end of days, therefore I hope city win the league.

Obviously it’ll be great if they only won the league cup come the end of the season but that’s unlikely. You only have to look at the last few months since they won the cup and all the talk of the quad and “best team in sporting history” etc to see how bad it would be if they actually achieved it.

Not exactly great seeing city win pot after pot, especially how they’ve done it. But for me at least there’s a genuine dislike for Liverpool which stems back to my childhood. Obviously not living in or near Manchester makes a difference to how I feel about it all.

This isn’t over btw…

I can genuinely see city slipping up in one of their last two games and Southampton haven’t lost by a ridiculous high score this season which seems to be something they’ve done over the last few years…

Unread 13-05-2022, 07:11 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I can genuinely see city slipping up in one of their last two games and Southampton haven’t lost by a ridiculous high score this season which seems to be something they’ve done over the last few years…

They got beat 6 nil a couple of weeks ago gadge.

Unread 13-05-2022, 07:15 AM
Sapien

Quote:

£#%&! off.
Never mind milk, this smells more like beef to me.
Maybe we need a topred poll?

Unread 13-05-2022, 07:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

£#%&! off.
Went regularly from the mid 80’s through to mid 2000’s. The ammonia one Stanley park, the semis, in the kop - the lot pal. I’ve had more runs ins with scousers than any other club. Certainly in the 80’s.

Anyway, not sure where this idea that I like Liverpool has come from. I absolutely despise them and am desperate for city to win the league. If Chelsea beat them in the fa cup then I’m less arsed.

Just absolutely can’t stand city. An absolute Curly Watts of a club - now one of the best clubs in the world being talked about by fans in other countries in revered tones. And they’ve white washed and cheated their way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Never mind milk, this smells more like beef to me.
Maybe we need a topred poll?

Unread 13-05-2022, 08:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Went regularly from the mid 80’s through to mid 2000’s. The ammonia one Stanley park, the semis, in the kop - the lot pal. I’ve had more runs ins with scousers than any other club. Certainly in the 80’s.

Anyway, not sure where this idea that I like Liverpool has come from. I absolutely despise them and am desperate for city to win the league. If Chelsea beat them in the fa cup then I’m less arsed.

Just absolutely can’t stand city. An absolute Curly Watts of a club - now one of the best clubs in the world being talked about by fans in other countries in revered tones. And they’ve white washed and cheated their way to do it.

There it is! Admits he’s a loyal dipper.

Mid-60s onwards. In the kop before Battle on the pitch in ‘71. Mate stabbed in the eye with a brolly down by the piggeries the year after. Another slashed in SP in ‘81. Repaid the @#%&!s numerous times, including 77CF while some dicks were chanting Liverpool. Nothing beats singing in the Anfield Rd then hearing a pin drop round the ground. Big £#%&! off to them back to the train down Scotty Rd. Great days.
Closed Thread