United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:31 PM
handsomebastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Express saying he (Rangnick) won't be backed in the January window. Which goes against what they and others were suggesting when he took over.

Tbh I wasn't expecting much, just a midfielder close to being out of contract (like Zakaria or Kamara).

Ralf Rangnick contacted RB Leipzig to put a £33m deal for midfielder Amadou Haidara in motion a couple of days after his arrival at Man Utd. Man United have yet to lodge a bid for him. [@MullockSMirror]
He's at the Afcon pal

Unread 18-01-2022, 12:52 PM
Pop

Eden Hazard has told Newcastle to £#%&! off. They've bid £40m for the fat @#%&!

Unread 19-01-2022, 02:52 AM
Denis Irwell

and another window goes by

Unread 19-01-2022, 09:34 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
and another window goes by
Honestly for your own peace of mind. Take a step back . We won’t sign anyone . We won’t sell anyone. The club is a marketing machine . They will wait till we get kicked out of top 4 to make a new signing. By then we will need about 4 .

We always play catch up. The board doesn’t care about the club and neither to a great deal of the players. £#%&! them

Unread 19-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Honestly for your own peace of mind. Take a step back . We won’t sign anyone . We won’t sell anyone. The club is a marketing machine . They will wait till we get kicked out of top 4 to make a new signing. By then we will need about 4 .

We always play catch up. The board doesn’t care about the club and neither to a great deal of the players. £#%&! them
Feel like taking one £#%&!ing big step, actually, mate.

Who are we supporting?

This bunch of £#%&!ing snowflakes? The owners? None of them. It’s only the supporters who care. I support the supporters. It’s like a return to the 70s/80s. The supporters were the stars of the club.

I understand the idea of not buying players for the manager who isn’t even here yet but ffs, just get a decent mf in and preferably proper cb. We’re not getting rid of the owners without something drastic happening but ffs, we need to dump at least half a dozen shit@#%&!s… and really, hate to say it but what do some of these old boys on the payroll do? Even ferie. A multi millionaire and still hanging around for more. Just go off and enjoy it with what time you’ve got to enjoy it.

Unread 19-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Feel like taking one £#%&!ing big step, actually, mate.

Who are we supporting?

This bunch of £#%&!ing snowflakes? The owners? None of them. It’s only the supporters who care. I support the supporters. It’s like a return to the 70s/80s. The supporters were the stars of the club.

I understand the idea of not buying players for the manager who isn’t even here yet but ffs, just get a decent mf in and preferably proper cb. We’re not getting rid of the owners without something drastic happening but ffs, we need to dump at least half a dozen shit@#%&!s… and really, hate to say it but what do some of these old boys on the payroll do? Even ferie. A multi millionaire and still hanging around for more. Just go off and enjoy it with what time you’ve got to enjoy it.
I am not even excited for games anymore. Tonight’s game we will start strong but if Brentford want it more we will get overrun.

I feel sorry for Ralf , he clearly knows what he is doing but doesn’t have backing from the board . The club is a shell of what it once was. People used to say a few years out the champions league might actually be good for the club and I’m starting to think that.

Ronaldo said it, something you have to break something down to build it up.

Until the owners change don’t expect anything.

Unread 19-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I am not even excited for games anymore. Tonight’s game we will start strong but if Brentford want it more we will get overrun.

I feel sorry for Ralf , he clearly knows what he is doing but doesn’t have backing from the board . The club is a shell of what it once was. People used to say a few years out the champions league might actually be good for the club and I’m starting to think that.

Ronaldo said it, something you have to break something down to build it up.

Until the owners change don’t expect anything.
This is exactly where I am right now.

Tonight, we could win because we'v got match winners but I fully expect us to be outfought and outrun.

Ralf and any other manager is banging their head against the wall. Poch, Ten Haag or whoever else will hit the same brick wall that everyone else has.

We need a new midfield, a new striker, a new manager..... but none of it will really change until we get new owners.

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:26 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I'm still attached, but I'm working on it, like a £#%&!ed up skag addict taking it one day at a time, but I know I'll come through Never thought I'd sling going to the match, but I managed that.

I hate everything about the game/business now, the clubs, the players, the jcl fans, the digital fans, the goldbridge howson type crews, the tv coverage, the media pundits and journos, the absolutely everything.

Football today bears no resemblance to the game I grew up playing and loving, in the same way MU Marketing&Finance has no resemblance to the club I grew up with.

When I've finally kicked it and can honestly say I couldn't give a £#%&!, I'm going to write one of those self-help / how too books and start a YouTube channel with accounts on all the social platforms for survivors and recovering addicts

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:30 PM
Drexl

Ralf did actually say it was too early to make signings as he was still evaluating what he had.

I reckon he's done that now and we will get 2 in, a mf and a center half

But then again, I am a dick

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Ronny

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Ralf did actually say it was too early to make signings as he was still evaluating what he had.

I reckon he's done that now and we will get 2 in, a mf and a center half

But then again, I am a dick

Hope is always the last thing to die

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I'm still attached, but I'm working on it, like a £#%&!ed up skag addict taking it one day at a time, but I know I'll come through Never thought I'd sling going to the match, but I managed that.

I hate everything about the game/business now, the clubs, the players, the jcl fans, the digital fans, the goldbridge howson type crews, the tv coverage, the media pundits and journos, the absolutely everything.

Football today bears no resemblance to the game I grew up playing and loving, in the same way MU Marketing&Finance has no resemblance to the club I grew up with.

When I've finally kicked it and can honestly say I couldn't give a £#%&!, I'm going to write one of those self-help / how too books and start a YouTube channel with accounts on all the social platforms for survivors and recovering addicts

I’m still watching every game but there are elements of “ Man Utd are playing today? £#%&! sake”

It’s because we have been here before, we are moving in cycles and it’s tiresome. If we had a proper set up who backed the manager I would take the performances and results tbh. I’d take not making top 4 if we can see they’re trying to set out a plan.

How do we have martial (who said he wanted to leave in December), lingard, Bailey , VDB (who can’t get a game across three managers) still at the club.

It’s intent if anything to get rid of a couple of players we won’t play. But they don’t even want to do that. That’s what sucks the life out of me. I can’t even get behind them in ignorance and say “ well we are looking to change , getting rid of the squad and hope we replace them in the summer”

We are a club run on causes. If we get kicked out of top 4 they will invest to get back in. We have no ambition to do the best and become the best. Sort of like an old car that you fix every time something bad happens. In your head you know it’s had it’s day but you just keep prolonging it .

18 days in and we haven’t signed a player nor sold one. The squad is full of shit@#%&!s. The manager isn’t getting backed and the board can’t even get rid of the players he doesn’t want NOR want to be here.

No doubt woodward would have been having a holiday in Jan and the board would be lapping everything up. Knowing he is leaving they don’t want to make and big decisions thinking we are a company that runs from year to year .

We need to make signings now. The manager needs to be backed now. Shit@#%&!s need to leave now. Other teams are only going to be getting better . This ain’t a company that holds majority of market share and things can be done slowly.

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:35 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Hope is always the last thing to die
last thing out of Pandora's box

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

I'm getting bored with it. It's been getting harder to connect with top flight football with the way it's been going over the past 10-20 years.

Ole as manager pulled me back in a bit. Felt like the club had a bit of heart back, something worth investing in at very least. Now he's gone everything just feels like a souless exercise to be the biggest and best business enterprise on the pitch.

It's why I'm on the Roth express train to relegation. £#%&! it. Personally I'd rather feel a closer connection to the club and be scrapping it out against Luton and Hull than talking about which £90 million @#%&! on £200k per week I hate most, and who we should sign so we can compete with clubs financed by tyrants and oligarchs, just so we can line the pockets of some American leeches.

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:44 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I’m still watching every game but there are elements of “ Man Utd are playing today? £#%&! sake”
I'm still using and know when every game is etc and I'm way off the point of going cold turkey on the shit......................... but it's coming

Unread 19-01-2022, 12:48 PM
Time For Heroes

I know we aren't going to make any signings this month, I've resigned myself to that, we're hopeless at planning transfers even when we've got a 'long-term' manager in let alone a temp. It's the fact we still haven't got rid of any of the dead wood and 'don't want to be here' lot that depresses me. I'm not worried about the money it saves in wages or funds we can bring in, we don't get the benefit of it and it'll go towards dividends for the leeches anyway, it's the fact that if we get rid of some of them it might make the dressing room less toxic and they'll be out of the way in the summer so the board can concentrate on who to get in rather than wasting time on the shit@#%&!s.

Unread 19-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I'm still using and know when every game is etc and I'm way off the point of going cold turkey on the shit......................... but it's coming
It’s become a chore to watch them. It’s the lack of fight from players and board that suck any life out of the club. I love the club, I always will and i don’t think that will ever go away.

It’s just knowing the game will be shit and il be annoyed . Then during the week, we get either childish leaks to the press, or the boards inactivity to sign or sell players, or the manager being undermined in public. There isn’t any hope for me anymore. Just riding it out until I get used to the fact that this is who we are now and it won’t change

Unread 19-01-2022, 04:47 PM
moransbleedinghead

United's transfer window looking good.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Just found out the Milan captain and CB romagnoli is available on a free transfer. We should be all over him on a pre contract for the summer. Then Jones and Bailey can be binned off

Unread 24-01-2022, 11:52 PM
dunk

Vlahovic from Fiorentina to Juve €67m.

Arsenal thought they were getting him

Unread 25-01-2022, 07:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Vlahovic from Fiorentina to Juve €67m.

Arsenal thought they were getting him
I was hoping we’d be in the run in for him come the summer tbh

Silly me.