United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So we've got 3 fit wide players left in the squad. One of whom is injured, the other has played about 3 first team matches.

United.
We had about 7 a week ago

Hannibal and Shoretire to come of age

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:24 AM
AK14

That rebuild and cultural reboot went well then

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That rebuild and cultural reboot went well then

Mata to rise like a phoenix for the Indian Summer of all Indian Summers we’re doping him up the eyeballs as I type..

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Christian Eriksen signed for Brentford until the end of the season.
That's the only bit of football news that made me smile in recent times

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:56 AM
windy waffles

Newcastle not messing about.

Trippier done, Wood done, Guimares done, Burn on the way, Matt Target on the way, Ekitike going to sign today and talks Lingard move is back on.

Playing it very well. If they manage to escape relegation, their summer spending will be very interesting...

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:

Trippier done, Wood done, Guimares done, Burn on the way, Matt Target on the way, Ekitike going to sign today and talks Lingard move is back on.

Playing it very well. If they manage to escape relegation, their summer spending will be very interesting...
Christ I hope they still go down

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

United an utter shambles; not one £#%&!ing deal in sight.

Season over now without Greenwood. The club is on its knees.

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:06 PM
Danoli

Quote:

Wood, Burn and Targett are ordinary at best.

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
So we've got 3 wide players left in the squad. One of whom is injured, the other has played about 3 first team matches.

United.
And yet I'd still rather we just get on with what we have than sign that waste of space Dembele

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
United an utter shambles; not one £#%&!ing deal in sight.

Season over now without Greenwood. The club is on its knees.
Huge job on the horizon in the summer. Up to 12 players likely to go, and none of those among the players we need to replace to improve the first team, other than Pogba. The passive approach to this window is mental.

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Will improve them and help keep them up, though.

Granted they all have to gel but they will end up staying up and then the standard of their recruitment will go up ten fold...

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:31 PM
Bunker Buster

I hope they get relegated and that Bruno £#%&! doesn't pick up his 3.3millon for keeping them up....

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They’re not signing them to be world beaters, They’re bringing them in to keep them in the league. Once they’ve achieved that, then they really will put on the afterburners and start signing some proper players.

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:35 PM
dunk

Hannibal Mejbril - like a new signing charm offensive from the club incoming…

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:37 PM
Danoli

Quote:
They’re not signing them to be world beaters, They’re bringing them in to keep them in the league. Once they’ve achieved that, then they really will put on the afterburners and start signing some proper players.
I’d say all three are Championship quality….they are filling their squad up with shite

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
I’d say all three are Championship quality….they are filling their squad up with shite
I hope the striker Burnley signed out scores Wood

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Which they will then do away with when they need to go onto the next level

They won’t be hanging onto them for 7 years like us

Unread 31-01-2022, 12:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Which they will then do away with when they need to go onto the next level

They won’t be hanging onto them for 7 years like us
They'll probably end up spread out over a few Wheely bins.

Unread 31-01-2022, 01:03 PM
dunk

West Ham have offered £50m for Derwin Nunez spending that Rice money? Absolutely no £#%&!ing chance he accepts.

Unread 31-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
This. Who did people expect them to sign? They’re not going to attract world beaters to a relegation battle. They’re signing to stay up and I reckon they will. Chris Woods will score goals, Kieran Trippier is a top full back. Lingard will do very well if he goes. The signings will lift them.

From there, they’ll sign better because they can promise PL football and REAL start of the ‘project’.

Signing big players has a compounding effect too. City started smaller, it wasn’t Aguero and De Bruyne. It’s was Shay Given and Wayne Bridge. Then you have that slightly bigger profile In Robinho and it starts to have an effect. Then it was Tevez, Adebayor, Vieira. It builds… It took them a few years and a change of manager. And they were starting from a better position than Newcastle now.

They’re signing what they need for now and nobody cares now that city bought Kelvin Etuhu in that first summer.

Newcastle will get there. It’ll just take a while.
Closed Thread