United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:06 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i've spoken to my old man and he has no intention of joining in.
That's the spirit.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:07 PM
believe

Default Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's the spirit.
i agree but thats the majority of the fans you are dealing with. the chances are that there will be no more than a 1000 people joining in. you won't even notice it

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
again i struggle to see what the repercussions are because all they've got is a stadium full of people wearing green and gold scarves.

it will be interesting to see how many people actually get involved with this because i've spoken to my old man and he has no intention of joining in.
argggghhhh there's no direct repercussions from wearing green and gold. it's letting them know that there's a unity among fans that we're going to do everything possible to drive them out. as i said it's letting people know we won't stand for the club being raped

the direct action, eg with the bonds, is what will actually make a difference.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
i agree but thats the majority of the fans you are dealing with. the chances are that there will be no more than a 1000 people joining in. you won't even notice it
the more that put some effort in and do something, anything, the more it becomes a bigger thing. snowball effect hopefully.

i don't have all the answers

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
argggghhhh there's no direct repercussions from wearing green and gold. it's letting them know that there's a unity among fans that we're going to do everything possible to drive them out. as i said it's letting people know we won't stand for the club being raped

the direct action, eg with the bonds, is what will actually make a difference.
spot on

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
1000 against Hull. Maybe 2000 the following game. Might work, might not. But giving it a go is better then doing £#%&! all.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:15 PM
believe

it's coming across that i'm poo pooing the idea mike which isn't how it's meant to come across. if i was there mate i'd be painted gold and green head to toe. my concern is that people trying so hard (like yourself) have forgotten what type of supporters you are dealing with.

the only stand out thing regarding the colours is the scarf thing. if united get wind of what they stand for will they not take the scarves?

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:42 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
I too was asked about this today by someone who doesn't post on any forums, not sure where he heard about it but this is definitely gathering momentum.
My mate was told by his mate who works in the club so they will be aware of it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaster
Latest re the merchandise is as follows.

MUST have ordered 500 bar scarves for Saturday to be sold at cost price of 2.50

DD rang me to tell me, even though I am officially 'not exactly MUST's greatest fan' according to their last newsletter.

Angelo has ordered 200 with horizontal stripes, they look very good. He is selling them at 5 pounds instead of 7.

These should also be in by Saturday.
Fantastic news. Looks like MUST and Angelo are selling at cost price or under the usual price after all.

Quote:
it's coming across that i'm poo pooing the idea mike which isn't how it's meant to come across. if i was there mate i'd be painted gold and green head to toe. my concern is that people trying so hard (like yourself) have forgotten what type of supporters you are dealing with.

the only stand out thing regarding the colours is the scarf thing. if united get wind of what they stand for will they not take the scarves?
It isn't going to happen over night but already this thing is gathering pace. Look on facebook and loads of peoples profile pictures are green and yellow. I was wondering what the £#%&! it was about until today.

Whilst just the act itself wont physically achieve anything it will show the powers that be that people are beginning to re united. The press will pick up on it and the statement will be that we can organise things again and if the bond buyers and other potential allies to the Glazers were told that everyone who wears green and yellow wont spend a penny other than admission then it would show that is doing damage to their pockets. Now if people were seen queueing for food etc wearing the scarves then that obviously wouldn't work. But if people did commit to this then it would also stick out like a sore thumb that no one in the queues was wearing green and yellow/gold. Hope that makes sense.

As for taking the scarves off people. What right would they have? One thing they cannot dictate is what colour clothing you wear. If challenged you simply state it is in homage to Newton Heath and point to the fact that the United played in green and gold in the early 1990s.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Ethers

Quote:
1000 against Hull. Maybe 2000 the following game. Might work, might not. But giving it a go is better then doing £#%&! all.
Exactly. I can't see it achieving much, but it's got to be worth a shot.

I've done my bit anyway, let the complete £#%&!ing pillock next door who owns a couple of season tickets know what's going on. If he gets in on it, there's hope.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:57 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Exactly. I can't see it achieving much, but it's got to be worth a shot.

I've done my bit anyway, let the complete £#%&!ing pillock next door who owns a couple of season tickets know what's going on. If he gets in on it, there's hope.
When I read that first bit, I thought you were talking about the dog in your avatar

I've had a few txts about this too and I'm in London, so word's definitely getting around

Unread 20-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Rorschach

It's a start.

It's highly visible.

It's tied to the oldest tradition of MUFC via NHLYR.

It's simple.

It may snowball.

It may be effective in showing that the fans are starting to get their shit together.

That would only be a warning but...

It's a £#%&!ing start.

No more "wait and see."

Unread 20-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Rorschach

Anyone thinking of running more LUHG stickers - how about green & gold and not the old red, white and black?

Unread 20-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Rorschach

"Glazer Out!" can be abbreviated to "GO!" - (well, duh!)

How about green & gold "GO!" badges?

Don't need to be worn to a game but can spread the message on non-match days too?

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:20 AM
The Watcher

Totally agree Rorschach, good posts.

Wish I still had one of these

Also, found a good pic of the LUHG flag from last week that the club nicked

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Mark Corrigan

Exclamation Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

http://www.tshirtsunited.com/catalog...on-tshirt.html

http://www.tshirtsunited.com/catalog...lowtshirt.html

£2.50 from everyone bought going to MUST

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Ginners

good stuff

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:40 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:

Wish I still had one of these

Quality I forgot I got given on the night we got to Moscow.

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:48 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
good stuff

Wheres Zooey gone? Can you not put her back up but in green and gold?

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Stubbsy

Unread 21-01-2010, 01:02 AM
chatmaster

I am posting again but if it's a problem for anyone (Armchair doesn't like me because of whole saxaphone incident) then just let me know and I will stop*

Just got this from unitednation, bit better than the Tshirts United one IMO.

T Shirt: http://www.unitednation.co.uk/01.-ma...irts/luhg.html
Hoodie: http://www.unitednation.co.uk/02.-ma...hg-hoodie.html

Looks like it may be catching on lads.

I have not been able to get hold of anyone from LUHG so if you pass anyone, give them a kick and send em my way please.

* Please note my idea of stop is not technically the same as those expressed in dictionaries.