United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:06 PM
AK14

Didn’t watch it but sounds and looks like (stats) a decent twining game for the lads.

There’s no stopping rashers at the moment

Roll on the weekend

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:07 PM
Ethers

15-1 in our last 6 games. Happy days.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:08 PM
puressence

I’d have taken a last
Min 90th own goal. It’s the cup we’re through happy hopefully get Southampton over two legs

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

We’ve just equalled our total amount of wins for last season

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:10 PM
andyroo

Wasn't very good really, especially the second half. Eriksen, Pellistri, Garnacho and Rashford livened it up a bit and three of those were subs. Elanga, The Scottish Player and Maguire can't £#%&! off soon enough.

Tremble, ye berts.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We’ve just equalled our total amount of wins for last season
20 wins in his first 27 games, coming off one of our worst seasons in memory, is absolutely sensational, and far better than I was expecting. We’ve won 8 on the bounce, scoring loads of goals and hardly conceding any in the process.

And still some people are whinging.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
20 wins in his first 27 games, coming off one of our worst seasons in memory, is absolutely sensational, and far better than I was expecting. We’ve won 8 on the bounce, scoring loads of goals and hardly conceding any in the process.

Who is whinging?

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is whinging?
Me tbh

I shouldn't really. We won without getting out of second gear.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:30 PM
puressence

Imagine this record after Brighton and Brentford 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is whinging?
Are you kidding?

Every recent match thread has had people in it saying that actually we weren’t that good. Signings are being written off after a handful of games. Heads are falling off because we’re trying to sign someone who played for Burnley.

This is the most positive place the club has been in for years, and some people still want to see the negatives in everything.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:40 PM
redhegemony

Not quite sure what people expect from a largely second-string who don't play together as a team. 3 goals and a clean sheet seem a decent result.

Countless times Fergie's mixed up cup teams struggled against lower league opposition.

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:40 PM
dunk

Hard work that. I do think there’s a bit of game management going on, win without busting a gut seems to be the order of the day.

Elanga is pointless. Get rid on loan and keep Pellistri, he’s got miles more about him.

Mainoo did ok, difficult when McT and Fred need 3 touches to control it and can’t pass the ball 5 yards. Both Garnacho and Antony utterly £#%&!ed by Elanga’s complete lack of anything.

Rashers on absolute fire, great to see

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Medlock

Thumbs up

Quote:

He's £#%&!ing great

Unread 10-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Great night that, £#%&! off back to London you Gimps...

Unread 10-01-2023, 11:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Imagine this record after Brighton and Brentford 🤣🤣🤣🤣
After those two, its 20 wins in 25. Even a few who don't support United have started to notice.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:07 AM
GBMUFC2020

Angry

Thankfully we are through. Some shocking passing nearly caused a few unnecessary last ditch tackles witch could have resulted in more injuries to key players. A great strike from Anthony but he was poor for most of the game. Maybe losing Dalot didn`t help him. Maguire shocking, McTominey even worse and Malacia had a bad one to. It was a good move to bring on the Ist team subs because it looked as though we might ship a goal at any time. I was impressed with Pallistri when he came on but I thought Garnacho was my MOTM apart from Rashers of course whose on fire! Thank you to Trafford Borough Council for issuing me with a parking ticket at 12 minutes past 10 in the poring rain. @#%&!s!

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:16 AM
Travis Bickle

It's so good to enjoy watching United again. EtH has done a remarkable job so far in turning things around. There is structure, style and belief. His signings have been excellent and he is getting the best out of many players who underperformed in that disaster of a season last year.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:29 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Are you kidding?

Every recent match thread has had people in it saying that actually we weren’t that good. Signings are being written off after a handful of games. Heads are falling off because we’re trying to sign someone who played for Burnley.

This is the most positive place the club has been in for years, and some people still want to see the negatives in everything.
We've had nearly a decade of general under-achievement tbf.

And many will be even more cautious after getting their fingers burned with Ole.

Unread 11-01-2023, 02:25 AM
shenwen

It's astonishing how bad Elanga looks these days. Pellestri looking twice the player in the short time he was on. Otherwise, another comfortable win. Everything going right for Rashford at the moment. The two passes by Casemiro in the build up to those goals Garnacho looking very good as well.

Unread 11-01-2023, 06:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Great night that, £#%&! off back to London you Gimps...
Bit harsh on Sparky and the other London fredsters.