United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:03 PM
MagnificentSeven

Default 10 years since fergie's retirement today

doesn't feel that long but an entire decade without him. nearly a whole decade of shit on a stick football save the odd good run.

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:05 PM
waynes ear's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65494103

half read it. Enjoy

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:07 PM
magic_cantona

Feels a lot longer.

Unread 08-05-2023, 09:13 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Feels a lot longer.
That first year felt like ten on its own.

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Think it was me a dunk that said a "decade"

Moyes FFS, Cheers fergie, #@&%!

Next 2 years we go hard at the league, it's coming ..

Trust in Erik

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:28 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

10 years since the announcement. Retired at West Brom…

Unread 09-05-2023, 02:44 AM
Stickman

I was so painfully naive on it

Unread 09-05-2023, 04:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I was so painfully naive on it
We all were but then we’d all be brainwashed in to the “won’t be a repeat of busby” that none of us noticed it happening.

Unread 09-05-2023, 07:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Knew it was bad at the time but not this bad. Fergie left the squad in a terrible state - almost negligence tbh - and the club allowing the ceo and manager - the entire hierarchy to leave at the same time was one of the stupidest decisions in sport.

The whole thing had a bit of a Fergie ‘protect my legacy’ vibes about it. Choosing Moyes ffs. Baffling decision.

Unread 09-05-2023, 07:47 AM
Bunker Buster

"The Chosen One" banner with his £#%&!ing corpse face on it.....

wtf was tufty and fergie doing ???

Unread 09-05-2023, 08:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Feel a bit guilty but my opinion of Fergie has deteriorated with each passing year. He was instrumental in facilitating the glazers, put his personal ambition streets ahead of the club’s wellbeing in continuing and quashing any dissent, left us in a utter mess when he retired, promoted moyes (to ensure his legacy could never be tarnished) and then, post retirement became an ambassador who openly lied to potential players about how good this club and its administration was.

He built this club up nqat but he’s also let it go to absolute shit.

Unread 09-05-2023, 08:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
The whole thing had a bit of a Fergie ‘protect my legacy’ vibes about it. Choosing Moyes ffs. Baffling decision.
Will always wonder that. At the time it was so obvious our senior players especially needed Ancelotti, Mourinho or a proven winner.

SAF was definitely very self-interested.

Unread 09-05-2023, 08:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Feel a bit guilty but my opinion of Fergie has deteriorated with each passing year. He was instrumental in facilitating the glazers, put his personal ambition streets ahead of the club’s wellbeing in continuing and quashing any dissent, left us in a utter mess when he retired, promoted moyes (to ensure his legacy could never be tarnished) and then, post retirement became an ambassador who openly lied to potential players about how good this club and its administration was.

He built this club up nqat but he’s also let it go to absolute shit.
100% could never hate him because he gave me some of the happiest years of my life. I’ve got the “man behind the legend” book on my bedside table and it’s been there since Xmas. I keep picking it up before I go to bed but after a few paragraphs it just angers me.

Unread 09-05-2023, 09:02 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Will always wonder that. At the time it was so obvious our senior players especially needed Ancelotti, Mourinho or a proven winner.

SAF was definitely very self-interested.
I reckon ancelotti would have got another league title out of that squad tbh

But the rebuild would still have turned to shit with Woodward pulling the strings.

Unread 09-05-2023, 09:23 AM
Seamus

its been a calamity. Moyes: The chosen one, sacking LVG an hour after he won the cup, the club siding with Pogba over Jose, Ole as full time manager, Ralf Raganick.

That's just the management side.

Unread 09-05-2023, 09:56 AM
armchair

He subconsciously wanted the club to go downhill after he left. The mental gymnastics to justify Moyes were something else. It shouldn't have been allowed.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He subconsciously wanted the club to go downhill after he left. The mental gymnastics to justify Moyes were something else. It shouldn't have been allowed.
100%

Even if he didn't mean too him hand picking Moyes over a year before he retired was a choice that set us back a decade.....

He must have known deep down it was NEVER the right call.....

Found a thread a while back of the Moyes announcement....Jesus Christ some of the mental gymnastics of people...

And the "we have to get behind him now"

We've been punished for being so great in the past, all energy has an opposite....

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:30 AM
Seamus

'Its your job to stand by the new manager'........when Moyes started failing, he denied that he was involved in his appointment.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
'Its your job to stand by the new manager'........when Moyes started failing, he denied that he was involved in his appointment.
Then went on to explain the full history of the appointment in his book....

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Hyman_Roth

Moyes was just the start of it though. Every decision has proved to be a shit one. Erik is the 1st decent decision the club have made in a decade.

Still embarrassed that I was sympathetic towards pogba when he and Mou came to blows.

Wtaf was I thinking?
Closed Thread