United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:04 PM
MagnificentSeven

Default why klopp?

what's with the hoping for big jurgohs to come here and kick our team into shape then, eh?

don't get me wrong, i'd love it, i would do anything for it. but a lot of people are saying the same, so why him in particular? is he a more realistic choice than all the other top managers in europe?

it would be amazing, but he's signed a contract to dortmund until 2018 and i can see him honoring it. this isn't a topic berating those who want him or think we will, i'm just curious about why him specifically, and not, say, simeone? the events of this season have rendered me pessimistic and i just have a bad feeling that it'll get worse before it gets better.

feel free to bump this in a year's time btw

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:14 PM
doudou

I think it's because people would like to see United play exciting attacking football rather than the one-dimensional joyless shite Moyes has served up.

It would be nice to go back to looking forward to the match rather then dreading it as something to endure like a visit to the dentist. We might not win anything but at least it would be fun with Kloppers.

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Jethro

Why knot?

Passionate, animated, plays good football and has won a thing or two

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM
taff

he gives good gif.

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:19 PM
andyroo

Yeah who'd want a manager who plays exciting football, has won league titles and got to a European final dispatching lots of quality sides on the way, and managed it all despite not having a huge transfer budget and having to sell lots of players? What are we thinking?

He's not even Scottish for £#%&!'s sake!

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Wart Chest

He rates shinji

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
jem

klopp is better than moyes. I'm am slightly worried that he does appear to be slightly insane, though.

and, by slightly, I mean totally £#%&!ing.

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Grimson

Personally I'd love to have Simeone.

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
klopp is better than moyes. I'm am slightly worried that he does appear to be slightly insane, though.

Well, if Moyes represents sanity I want no part of it.

Unread 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

You surely mean an insane genius like Cantona?

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
You surely mean an insane genius like Cantona?
clearly.

we need a german or dutch coach.

I would like grimson to be happy, though. maybe simeone would make up for what has happened to his hair (the equivalent of getting moyes after fergie).

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
He knows

King German football hipster....Leipzig away..

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:21 PM
ryanMUFC

He won the league under a Bayern transitional period playing nice football with a fairly young side of players Bayern haven't snapped up. Etc. and omg yeah he's German..

Van gaal and de boer would be a better choice. A wise head that's won league titles and the CL. With a young manager that can eventually take over who's a small taste of success himself. The futures orange.

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

King German football hipster....Leipzig away..

Unread 04-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Luffy

Some of the players he's unearthed/turned into world beaters from under the noses of big clubs

Top class
Hummels
Subotic
Gundogan
Lewandowski
Gotze

Avg but play really well for him
Piszcek
Bender
Grosskreutz

Guys who can't seem to turn it on elsewhere:
Sahin
Kagawa

Reus - got the jump on everyone and snapped him up for cheap.

Outperformed everyone else in the transfer market in recent years i say.

Also good man management to get the best out of arguably lesser players

Unread 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Some of the players he's unearthed/turned into world beaters from under the noses of big clubs

Top class
Hummels
Subotic
Gundogan
Lewandowski
Gotze

Avg but play really well for him
Piszcek
Bender
Grosskreutz

Guys who can't seem to turn it on elsewhere:
Sahin
Kagawa

Reus - got the jump on everyone and snapped him up for cheap.

Outperformed everyone else in the transfer market in recent years i say.

Also good man management to get the best out of arguably lesser players
But did his dad sell programmes at Drumchapel Rovers? That's what's important.

Unread 04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
But did his dad sell programmes at Drumchapel Rovers? That's what's important.
#cftsc

Unread 04-03-2014, 11:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

yeah, we all know how wunderbar he is, how he's created a world class side with little resources and how he isn't a complete lack the charisma like moyes is

but what i was getting at was, is he any more or less of a realistic option than, say, guardiola or ancelotti? he gets talked up on here and elsewhere by united fans to come in if/when moyes is sacked, but i've seen nothing apart from a few speculative articles (probably caused by these fans) that says how likely it is.

as mentioned, he's only recently signed a contract to stay at dortmund until 2018.

is it just pure fantasy for the most part? fwiw there's no way moyes will last his six years, but there are more realistic options than klopper imo.

Unread 05-03-2014, 12:43 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Van gaal and de boer would be a better choice. A wise head that's won league titles and the CL. With a young manager that can eventually take over who's a small taste of success himself. The futures orange.
Can't imagine anyone, never mind a progressive young manager like De Boer taking the number 2 spot even if he is guaranteed the managers job in the future, we're more likely to get a Pardew/Kinnear partnership than that lil fantasy coming off.

Unread 05-03-2014, 10:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
yeah, we all know how wunderbar he is, how he's created a world class side with little resources and how he isn't a complete lack the charisma like moyes is

but what i was getting at was, is he any more or less of a realistic option than, say, guardiola or ancelotti? he gets talked up on here and elsewhere by united fans to come in if/when moyes is sacked, but i've seen nothing apart from a few speculative articles (probably caused by these fans) that says how likely it is.

as mentioned, he's only recently signed a contract to stay at dortmund until 2018.

is it just pure fantasy for the most part? fwiw there's no way moyes will last his six years, but there are more realistic options than klopper imo.
Mate, the only realistic prospect is years and years of grim, joyless fatalism from McBuzzkill.
Closed Thread