United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:42 PM
forwardirektion

Default Transfer fees

Why's everyone so worried about them, it's not your money. Players are worth whatever someone will pay for them, you can't put players in value brackets anymore.
Cavani isn't 3 times better than RVP.
Talk of Bales price is because he's the only player madrid want and they want to make a big money signing to show they're not getting left behind barca.
We clearly can't compete money wise at the top table but we can get players if they only want to come to us.
If you try and look at it logically it will drive you mental.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:43 PM
silv

finally, the voice of common sense

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Why's everyone so worried about them, it's not your money.
this. never understood why fans are so arsed. i remember at school some lad taking the piss:

"haha! you paid £7.5m for andy cole! "

"no i didn't :£#%&!er: "

Ginners

well said.

couldnt give a £#%&! if we paid £100m for bale and £50m for fabregas.

just want us to sign decent players

forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
finally, the voice of common sense
First time I've ever heard that

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:45 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
well said.

couldnt give a £#%&! if we paid £100m for bale and £50m for fabregas.

just want us to sign decent players
Or £40m & £20m or 50p and a bag of balls. It's stupid amounts, the actual numbers are just nonsense

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Why's everyone so worried about them, it's not your money. Players are worth whatever someone will pay for them, you can't put players in value brackets anymore.
Talk of Bales price is because he's the only player madrid want and they want to make a big money signing to show they're not getting left behind barca.
We clearly can't compete money wise at the top table but we can get players if they only want to come to us.
Exactly.

Madrid don't £#%&! about. Whether you like it or not.
They want Bale & they'll pay whatever it takes.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this. never understood why fans are so arsed. i remember at school some lad taking the piss:

"haha! you paid £7.5m for andy cole! "

"no i didn't :£#%&!er: "

Think I'd've been a bit arsed if we paid 35m for a big dopey Geordie @#%&! though

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:51 PM
rogieop

Think its more the fact that 70 million spent one one player could have been 3 20 million players and change left over.
Nobody really Cares about the amount being spent over all. That argument is well spent. If you have a problem with transfer fees effecting your ticket price you have a choice. Don't go.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Scabs

I agree to a point.

BUT.

I do worry about 'big money' destroying the sport and turning it into a parody of itself, much like American Football did years ago. Free Agent players, The Manchester BudDome, half-time entertainment from One Direction... all that @#%&!ishness.

Transfer fees are admittedly a small, but important, part of the whole decline.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:56 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Think its more the fact that 70 million spent one one player could have been 3 20 million players and change left over.
Nobody really Cares about the amount being spent over all. That argument is well spent. If you have a problem with transfer fees effecting your ticket price you have a choice. Don't go.
It doesn't work like that though.

"with x spent on y, we could have had a,b,c"

No you couldn't, they're either not for sale or the price you'd pay would be different to the price the other club would pay it's just nonsense.
It's just football fans thinking they know how it works when they don't have a £#%&!ing clue.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:57 PM
barca99

Quote:
Said this loads of times!

"I wouldnt pay 25million for soandso" why not, if we need him, buy him! 15, 20, 25 million, not arsed just get him and get on with it.

Unread 30-07-2013, 01:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Mainly because we only have a finite amount of money to spend so as a fan you want to see it spent right

Personally I find the idea of spending 80 or 90 million on a footballer

I would have thought as a fan you wouldn't want to see your club get rinsed on a transfer fee
The transfer fee matters as why do we laugh at Liverpool spending 35 million on Carroll. It's because of the size of the fee as if he only signed for 5 million it wouldn't be so funny and something to take the piss out of scousers for

We as fans also judge a player by his fee as Veron and Berba wouldn't have been judged as harshly if they had only cost about 10 million

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Why Don?

Ok I'm confused; is it ok to rip the piss out of city for spending all they have or not?

What about fat Rafa's spending?

Personally would rather we did ok without spending too much otherwise you just get accused of buying the league.

forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
I agree to a point.

BUT.

I do worry about 'big money' destroying the sport and turning it into a parody of itself, much like American Football did years ago. Free Agent players, The Manchester BudDome, half-time entertainment from One Direction... all that @#%&!ishness.

That's a given isn't it

The money is obscene and ruined it years ago, the bosman ruling has put players in a great position to take the piss, half the top clubs are set up as money laundering operations FFS.

Mr Castro

I don't worry about it too much BUT it is obvious at times that clubs are overpaying for players. I guess it's the premium these days that you pay, especially for British players. You can compare the whole paying too much to the price of every day essentials I guess, and people's willingness to pay money to buy what they see as better items. Which doesn't necessarily guarantee that the more pricier item will perform/taste better than the value one of course.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Scabs

Quote:
That's a given isn't it

The money is obscene and ruined it years ago, the bosman ruling has put players in a great position to take the piss, half the top clubs are set up as money laundering operations FFS.

There's always room for it to get worse.

And it will.

I hate football.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:01 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I agree to a point.

BUT.

You think football has any dignity left

They're holding a £#%&!ing World Cup in Qatar ffs.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You think football has any dignity left

They're holding a £#%&!ing World Cup in Qatar ffs.
Did I say that?

You're right, of course, but like I say - watch it get so much worse.

Unread 30-07-2013, 02:05 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Other than the One Direction reference, that post was more valid in 1995.

It's gone, pal. Totally gone. Either forget it or join that godawful Stand AMF crew.
Closed Thread