United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:12 PM
saffers

Default So big Liz Warren is gonna run #2020

This could be the compromise candidate for both centrists and lefties to get behind. "Beto" O'Rourke already damaged goods. No way the centrists will get behind Bernie, too much pride there.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:13 PM
armchair

exploratory committee or big pow wow?

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Big Lizzy

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1079734725323964417

This could be the compromise candidate for both centrists and lefties to get behind. "Beto" O'Rourke already damaged goods. No way the centrists will get behind Bernie, too much pride there.
Well that's Donald in the White House until 2024 then...

Longer if he changes the constitution

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Well that's Donald in the White House until 2024 then...

Longer if he changes the constitution
I think Trump would 100% get four more years if they put up a pure neoliberal candidate like Beto.

Gonna be hard to debate Warren on the issues when she's on the right side of most of them. The right side as in, the most popular policies in the country.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
I think Trump would 100% get four more years if they put up a pure neoliberal candidate like Beto.

Gonna be hard to debate Warren on the issues when she's on the right side of most of them. The right side as in, the most popular policies in the country.

https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/stat...49366825521152
she wrote the 'you didn't build that' speech and imo the whole fake native american thing has ruined her chances.

'beto' though. he's literally an irish guy pretending to be latino who ran for senate in a race he was unlikely to win just for (made up) name recognition. Absolutely sickening.

Bernie or bust.

Didn't Warren fuck over Bernie with the rest of the dnc establishment?

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
she wrote the 'you didn't build that' speech and imo the whole fake native american indian thing has ruined her chances.

'beto' though. he's literally an irish guy pretending to be latino who ran for senate in a race he was unlikely to win just for (made up) name recognition. Absolutely sickening.

Bernie or bust.

Didn't Warren fuck over Bernie with the rest of the dnc establishment?
I am team Bernie but I don't see the establishment allowing it. It is still important to get a change in 2020 so i'm hoping the comrades in the states bite their pride and get behind big Liz. Time for a woman president.

She did campaign for HRC in 2016, true. This is the compromise candidate imo. If its Beto v Trump, Trump would humiliate him both in debates and in the polls.

That native american thing is something 0.00001 of yanks will have heard about. May be underplaying it but I honestly doubt it will get much play in the race. If she focuses on policy she will win.

Jacobin editor on Bernie v Warren a couple of months ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...20-differences

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:31 PM
ScarFace

Looks too similar to Clinton.

4 more years easy.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Since when was Beto a name????

What the fuck is wrong with America?

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
I am team Bernie but I don't see the establishment allowing it. It is still important to get a change in 2020 so i'm hoping the comrades in the states bite their pride and get behind big Liz. Time for a woman president.

She did campaign for HRC in 2016, true. This is the compromise candidate imo. If its Beto v Trump, Trump would humiliate him both in debates and in the polls.

That native american thing is something 0.00001 of yanks will have heard about. May be underplaying it but I honestly doubt it will get much play in the race. If she focuses on policy she will win.

Jacobin editor on Bernie v Warren a couple of months ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...20-differences
it's not whether she's native american or not, it's that she lied about it to further her career.

and at the expense of native americans.
Closed Thread