United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Poop

Default Sky Q - any good?

Just had some bastard from Sky onto me. I usually tell them to fuck off but he started blabbing some shite or other about rewarding me for 15 years of being a Sky customer (I still have the ancient original boxes).

Offered me some "VIP Platinum" deal shite, a 2TB ultra hd Sky Q box and a mini box for 45 a month. I agreed and told him to fuck off out of it so now another Sky wanker is coming to my house next week to install it.

I literally cannot be arsed checking what I've signed up for, all I know is you can get 4k through this thing.

I don't have a 4k tv and tbh, barely watch tv anyway.

Waste of time and money or any use?

Can you get Babestation in HD on it?

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:50 PM
silv

i like it

once you get used to it its far superior to the old one.

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Sparky***

far superior to regular sky, if you have an ultra hd telly it's pretty much a must

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Throw

I've got it. It's alright. You can record loads.

But it annoys me that you can't set the reminder for programmes anymore- it just records it instead.

Favourites is difficult to scroll through - not like the old blue button

The remote is smaller and not as good as the classic Sky thing.

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Poop

What is the mini box thing? He was droning on about it and wifi. Have I just bought a router I don't need or unknowingly subscribed to Sky broadband too?

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
What is the mini box thing? He was droning on about it and wifi. Have I just bought a router or Sjy broadband too?
For different rooms. Like the old multi room I think. (never had it)

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
What is the mini box thing? He was droning on about it and wifi. Have I just bought a router I don't need or unknowingly subscribed to Sky broadband too?
multi room but it's wireless and acts as a wifi hot spot

you don't need sky broadband.

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:57 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
multi room but it's wireless and acts as a wifi hot spot

you don't need sky broadband.
you're damn right

absolute bollocks

Unread 04-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Poop

Righto. Sounds nice and shiny at least. I take it I'd need to buy a 4k package to watch the drivel on offer in uhd (not to mention a new tv too)?

Unread 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM
goldfinger II

I love Sky Q. Aside from the football, I pretty much record whatever I want, then watch it whenever it suits.

There are also plenty of Box Sets and whatnot available for free, as well as Catch Up options for certain channels.

Poop, if you're in Ireland and have Eir broadband, you can get Eir Sport for free too. Not sure if they have any Premiership coverage now, mind.
Closed Thread