Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: Tonight's Champions League matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Really enjoyed that second half.
I can never forgive Milan for what they did in 2005, but I was chuffed when Pato grabbed that late winner.

In fairness to Madrid they were without Ronaldo & Benzema due to injury (anyone know what's up with Benzema & why he didn't get a game?....at least, I think he didn't get a game. I didn't notice him at any stage during 90minutes)

Madrid deserve absolutely nothing after their appalling, arrogant transfer dealings this summer.
Utter @#%&!s.
Turns out Real Madrid are more reliant on Ronaldo than we ever were. They usually rely on Casillas to cover up their shortcomings at the back, well tonight HE was the one having a mare, and you saw what happened.

Benzema and Kaka haven't started anywhere near Ronaldo's level. It's blatantly obvious Ronaldo has come from a superior league and team. He's on another level compared with the rest of the Galacticos. Alonso is doing his job well, quiet and efficient, just like at Liverpool. Again, coming from a superior league and it shows.

Real Madrid haven't got the first clue how to defend, as individuals or as a team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come wading in with silly money for Terry, Rio, Vidic or maybe Evra at some point. They know we'll cave if they offer us enough, so that wouldn't shock me tbh.

They are still not on Barcelona's level imho, who remain the best team in europe despite that embarassing defeat last night.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up Re: Tonight's Champions League matches

Larry White's boys giving Juve and Bayern a run for their money. Bordeaux top of that group with seven points after beating Bayern tonight.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:20 PM
magic_cantona

Pato is class isn't he?

Dida -

Madrid - £#%&!ing £#%&!ers.

Unread 22-10-2009, 04:58 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Larry White's boys giving Juve and Bayern a run for their money. Bordeaux top of that group with seven points after beating Bayern tonight.
imo bordeaux will go through as group winners and juve will just edge bayern which will be a shocking result for them.

wouldn't be surprised if ribery moves to real in jan if that happens

also, i stand by my initial comment at the start of the game. we should snap up pato if milan are ready to let him go. he is fantastic. looks like he has bulked up and really strong.

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:00 AM
sharath

also, imo larry white as manager and ole as assistant manager would be the best that we can look forward to after fergie. we should be laying foundations for that to happen. they know the united way, united tradition and are young enough to be here for an eternity.

Unread 22-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Flowers of Manchester

MJR - Benzema was playing

I didn't notice him in the 2nd half until he got a touch after about 70 odd mins

Unread 22-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
imo bordeaux will go through as group winners and juve will just edge bayern which will be a shocking result for them.

wouldn't be surprised if ribery moves to real in jan if that happens

also, i stand by my initial comment at the start of the game. we should snap up pato if milan are ready to let him go. he is fantastic. looks like he has bulked up and really strong.
Is he on a free then?

Unread 22-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
can't compare us and Real though.

Probably only 3 Real players would get in a combined team
..................Cassias.

Ramos.....Ferdinand.....Vidic....Evra

.............Alonso.....Fletcher..........

Kaka............Rooney..........Ronaldo

.................Benzema

That would be some team

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS
..................Cassias.

Ramos.....Ferdinand.....Vidic....Evra

.............Alonso.....Fletcher..........

Kaka............Rooney..........Ronaldo

.................Benzema

That would be some team
presume you're basing this on his form the season before last? or because you like his haircut?

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Appletango

Basing it by the choice of strikers. Benzema, Higuain, Raul, Berbatov and Owen, he would be the best choice for me, either him or Raul.

He's a top player and correct me if I am wrong but he was the player many people wanted to see at Old Trafford this season.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS
Basing it by the choice of strikers. Benzema, Higuain, Raul, Berbatov and Owen, he would be the best choice for me, either him or Raul.

He's a top player and correct me if I am wrong but he was the player many people wanted to see at Old Trafford this season.
so was thomas gravesen.

giggs in there instead of him.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:25 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS

I'd say Higuain has got a better goal ration that anyone mentioned above.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd say Higuain has got a better goal ration that anyone mentioned above.
Everytime I've seen him he has impressed me. Would do well in the premierleague with his style of play.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
so was thomas gravesen.

giggs in there instead of him.
Forgot about Giggs

4-4-2.

Rooney and Kaka up top, Giggs on left. Ronaldo on right.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:32 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS
Everytime I've seen him he has impressed me. Would do well in the premierleague with his style of play.
Quality player, his goal at weekend was utter brilliance.

I'd have Benzema, trying to hard and none of there attacking players have stood out this season imo.
Closed Thread