United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Moscow - The Official Thread

Yeah, i know it's a day early but it's an earlier kickoff tomorrow so I'll give it a bit more time to get a full 17 responses.

I'll go with summat like this :-

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Fabio
Valencia
Carrick
Scholes
Anderson
Berbatov
Owen

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The Return of JC

Default Re: Team v Moscow - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yeah, i know it's a day early but it's an earlier kickoff tomorrow so I'll give it a bit more time to get a full 17 responses.

I'll go with summat like this :-

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Fabio
Valencia
Carrick
Scholes
Anderson
Berbatov
Owen
Interesting. Does that mean Anderson on the left?

I'd go with:

VDS

Neville
Brown
Rio
Fabio

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Owen
Berbles

I wouldn't risk Vidic. Nobody should be risked on that pitch.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Interesting. Does that mean Anderson on the left?

I'd go with:

VDS

Neville
Brown
Rio
Fabio

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Owen
Berbles

I wouldn't risk Vidic. Nobody should be risked on that pitch.
Probbly. I'm not really happy with that team meself but I'd quite like a fairly solid midfield.

Not really happy risking Rio's back/calf/hamstring or whatever on that pitch either. Might go with Evans and Brown at CB and O' Shea at RB.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Coracao

............................VDS

Brown....Vidic.........Evans........O'Shea

Valencia....Scholes...Carrick....Nani

.............Berbatov......Owen

Go for it. Attack.

If we lose, I doubt it'll make a great deal of difference. A win and we're as good as through.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:03 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Probbly. I'm not really happy with that team meself but I'd quite like a fairly solid midfield.

Not really happy risking Rio's back/calf/hamstring or whatever on that pitch either. Might go with Evans and Brown at CB and O' Shea at RB.
I think Rio needs games. He needs to power through this injury phase because he relies heavily and momentum and consistency. He's not the best at just turning it on and off. His form will continue to suffer if we keep nursing him through matches. I'd be tempted to play Vidic just to get that main back 3 playing together again, but if he's genuinely doubtful then it's probably not worth it.

Anderson's played quite a bit recently. Give Nani a run out. Anderson back in for Sunday.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Stickman

Im finding it so hard to worry about this game with Sunday in mind.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think Rio needs games. He needs to power through this injury phase because he relies heavily and momentum and consistency. He's not the best at just turning it on and off. His form will continue to suffer if we keep nursing him through matches. I'd be tempted to play Vidic just to get that main back 3 playing together again, but if he's genuinely doubtful then it's probably not worth it.

Anderson's played quite a bit recently. Give Nani a run out. Anderson back in for Sunday.
Certainly a few options, we only really need a point from this anyway. Just want to get through without many injuries before the dippers.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im finding it so hard to worry about this game with Sunday in mind.

FFS!

Keep trying. You'll be worried soon, don't worry.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
FFS!

Keep trying. You'll be worried soon, don't worry.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:08 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Certainly a few options, we only really need a point from this anyway. Just want to get through without many injuries before the dippers.
Yep, so leave the likes of Vidic and Anderson out because they're starters for Sunday.

A point is fine. I'd take a defeat too if it meant winning at Anfield. Strangely, even though there's only 6 matches, there's more margin for error in the CL games than there is in the league. We can afford a couple of draws and a defeat in this group, but not in the league.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yep, so leave the likes of Vidic and Anderson out because they're starters for Sunday.

A point is fine. I'd take a defeat too if it meant winning at Anfield. Strangely, even though there's only 6 matches, there's more margin for error in the CL games than there is in the league. We can afford a couple of draws and a defeat in this group, but not in the league.
are you sure about Anderson for Sunday? Could well be Carrick and Fletcher couldn't it? Not entirely sure what I'd go in with yet.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
are you sure about Anderson for Sunday? Could well be Carrick and Fletcher couldn't it? Not entirely sure what I'd go in with yet.
Anderson is our best CM at the moment, IMO. I'd start him for sure. Probably ahead of Carrick. Mickey C just not doing enough at the moment to justify a start in such a big game ahead of form players. I'd actually probably all three on Sunday.

Be interesting to see if Valencia plays and can kick on from his goal at the weekend. This time last week, I wouldn't have started him at Anfailed, but if he performs tonight then it'll be tough to drop him.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Anderson is our best CM at the moment, IMO. I'd start him for sure. Probably ahead of Carrick. Mickey C just not doing enough at the moment to justify a start in such a big game ahead of form players. I'd actually probably all three on Sunday.

Be interesting to see if Valencia plays and can kick on from his goal at the weekend. This time last week, I wouldn't have started him at Anfailed, but if he performs tonight then it'll be tough to drop him.
It's difficult to play that 3 we played so much last season now though for me. We either end up with Rooney alone up front and Berbie on the bench and a dreadful performance like against the Arse, or Rooney is gonna have to go back out wide which Fergie has said he doesn't want to do. Think we can play it with 2 in the middle and Giggsleft as he sort of plays both ways.

I'd really like to see Valencia kick on as he can cover well from wide positions as well as attack.

I'd also say Fletcher is our current best Mf imo.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:23 PM
dodger

VDS

O'shea
Ferdinand
Brown
Fabio

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Berba
Macheda/Wellbeck

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
............................VDS

Brown....Vidic.........Evans........O'Shea

Valencia....Scholes...Carrick....Nani

.............Berbatov......Owen

Go for it. Attack.

If we lose, I doubt it'll make a great deal of difference. A win and we're as good as through.
Confirmed - possibly go for Fabio at left back just for a laugh, I think O'Shea will play against Liverpool on Sunday. Vidic needs a run out before facing Torres again.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
It's difficult to play that 3 we played so much last season now though for me. We either end up with Rooney alone up front and Berbie on the bench and a dreadful performance like against the Arse, or Rooney is gonna have to go back out wide which Fergie has said he doesn't want to do. Think we can play it with 2 in the middle and Giggsleft as he sort of plays both ways.

I'd really like to see Valencia kick on as he can cover well from wide positions as well as attack.
I'd go with:

Fletcher/Valencia Carrick Anderson Giggs

Berbles Rooney

A lot might depend on how Valencia does tonight.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Sloppy

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd go with:

Fletcher/Valencia Carrick Anderson Giggs

Berbles Rooney

A lot might depend on how Valencia does tonight.
Fair enough, Fletcher on the right actually worked in a game this season.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Always pleased to see the hi-tech formation and pitch. Never has my brain been able to think it's anything other than the actual team line up.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:30 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Fair enough, Fletcher on the right actually worked in a game this season.
He can tuck in to make a three where necessary too. Gives Giggs license to roam and keeps Berbatov and Rooney in their most effective areas up top.

Fletch, Anderson and Carrick boss and lay the foundation. Giggs, Berbs and Rooney do the damage.
Closed Thread