United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: would you like to see rangers and celtic join the english leagues?
yeah, let them in, will improve the league 7 8.54%
nah, tell em to £#%&! off 72 87.80%
stop bothering me with difficult questions 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2009, 01:55 PM
mark o

Default Re: would you like to see rangers and celtic join the english league?

Definatly not, unless they entered at the same level FC United did a few years ago.

For them to come straight into the Premier League that would mean 5 teams would have be relegated, then an extra two from the Championship etc.. This would mean two extra clubs leaving the football league, it would keep on going until you got a league that would accept two extra teams in them.

Unread 10-10-2009, 02:06 PM
wiganste

No

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Dr Gonzo

No

HTH

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
MJ Ramone

No.
Not in a billion years.
I absolutely hate them both.

Why can't they just accept that they're not English Clubs???
They're obsessed.

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:34 PM
taff

don't think it would ever happen for logistical reasons; security if nothing else. especially given how the rangers lot carried on last year.

i half-hope it does though, just so the pair of them get made to look like the mediocrities they really are. they seem to be under the delusion that they could join and compete for a place in the top four, whereas i reckon it's more likely that one or both would get £#%&!ed off to the championship before long.

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
No.
Not in a billion years.
I absolutely hate them both.

Why can't they just accept that they're not English Clubs???
They're obsessed.
exactly they should stick to their own country....ie Northern Ireland

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:39 PM
n48

What would happen if they or one got relegated? Would they have an opt out clause in case things got a bit tough? What if either won the league or any cups? Would they count as English in Europe? Would it affect scotlands international vote in FIFA? What about the rest of the clubs outside the top flight? Why should they bother if some foreign clubs can simply request to eat at the top table?

£#%&! off jockanoos. £#%&! right off.

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly they should stick to their own country....ie Northern Ireland

I know wee man's on a wum, but if he's so desperate to watch his beloved Rangers, he can £#%&! off to Glasgow.

Both clubs really are hypocritical pieces of shit. The @#%&!s that follow Celtic always banging on about getting "the brits out now" from NI, yet when they need a bit of money, they're more then happy to join the English Premier League £#%&!ing thick @#%&!s.

I think we're far better off without the knuckle dragging racist imperialist @#%&!s and their terrorist supporting mates. Leave them in Scotland to rot

Unread 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Coracao

£#%&! them both.

Unread 10-10-2009, 04:26 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

I know wee man's on a wum, but if he's so desperate to watch his beloved Rangers, he can £#%&! off to Glasgow.

Both clubs really are hypocritical pieces of shit. The @#%&!s that follow Celtic always banging on about getting "the brits out now" from NI, yet when they need a bit of money, they're more then happy to join the English Premier League £#%&!ing thick @#%&!s.

I think we're far better off without the knuckle dragging racist imperialist @#%&!s and their terrorist supporting mates. Leave them in Scotland to rot
Am not on a WUM. Am sitting here waiting to book flights to the Wigan game on the 29th or 30th December if Utd would make their minds up which night they are gonna play them ffs. Will probably be a crap atmosphere and I enjoy good atmospheres - as am sure we all do. They have been better atmospheres (subbuteo ) against the old firm in recent years than some of the Readings, Wigans etc etc. Its one of the reasons why I don't mind if Leeds come back now - had a good laugh but Utd/Leeds was always a good atmosphere.

Berwick play in Scotland, Cardiff play in England, Derry play in the Republic, Monaco play in France.

I keep hearing about the great euro aways in Glasgow in recent years. Am sure those who went probably enjoyed them more than Reading etc.

I know they have the sectarian baggage which should have NO place in sport - but bring them on.

Unread 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: would you like to see rangers and celtic join the english league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Am not on a WUM. Am sitting here waiting to book flights to the Wigan game on the 29th or 30th December if Utd would make their minds up which night they are gonna play them ffs. Will probably be a crap atmosphere and I enjoy good atmospheres - as am sure we all do. They have been better atmospheres (subbuteo ) against the old firm in recent years than some of the Readings, Wigans etc etc. Its one of the reasons why I don't mind if Leeds come back now - had a good laugh but Utd/Leeds was always a good atmosphere.

Berwick play in Scotland, Cardiff play in England, Derry play in the Republic, Monaco play in France.

I keep hearing about the great euro aways in Glasgow in recent years. Am sure those who went probably enjoyed them more than Reading etc.

I know they have the sectarian baggage which should have NO place in sport - but bring them on.

yep those Euro aways in Glasgow were great mate

Unread 10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep those Euro aways in Glasgow were great mate

Unread 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man

Unread 10-10-2009, 06:05 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

He's not wumming, he used to attend Rangers games.

Personally I hope they never get the chance to join the Premiership, they are two cheeks of the same disgusting, stinking, sweaty arse who have £#%&! all to offer the English league if it comes to a point where teams are being invited in I'd much rather see the likes of Ajax or Feyenoord.

Unread 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Grimson

No.

Unread 10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
mindscratch

Default Yes

But it is pie in the sky wishful thinking by the Old Firm.

Unread 10-10-2009, 06:46 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
interesting idea, would probably be popular with the league 2 clubs (nice big revenue boost)
The policing costs alone would make it unviable. 5,000 celtic fans at Spotland, the GMP would cancel most police leave.

It's a stupid idea, the latest in a long line of stupid ideas about the Old Firm joining English football, and I'm sick to death of the whole stupid concept continually being brought up.

Unread 10-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Sandman

The day those @#%&!s join the English league is the day I'm finally finished with the game. £#%&! them, the scummy @#%&!s.

Unread 10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

A few of my mates support lower league teams, and they're all of the same opinion. Why should they go straight into the premier league? Because they're rich, and paly in European competition? If they want to compete with the big boys they've got to show they deserve to be there, therefore they start at Conference level.

Unread 10-10-2009, 08:08 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
If they want to compete with the big boys they've got to show they deserve to be there, therefore they start at Conference level.
Why should they be fast-tracked to the Conference? Apply to join the Northern League, then they can get promotion to the Unibond... then they can join the Conference.
Closed Thread