Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ronaldo in nani to madrid hint?

Unread 28-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Gakbu

Default Re: Nani - make or break time for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You do wonder if the best thing would be to give him a run in the side over half a dozen or so league games and see how he does. He was playing well (Wigan, Arsenal) before being left out against Spurs and City, and perhaps his confidence has taken a knock again. I get the feeling he doesn't feel he has the complete faith of the manager/coaching staff. I think sometimes, when players get to this age, there's only so much longer you can £#%&! about with them. I'd like to see Fergie be a bit more persistent with him and give him an extended run.
I agree a run of 6 or so games might do him the world of good. It might also be a disaster for utd if it doesn't. I guess this is the problem at utd, chelsea, filth etc. if he plays badly do you play him again and again till your out of the running or each time you bring on giggs to sort out the mess and £#%&! his confidence completely. Its a difficult call, but this is why we have SAF not any of us picking the team.

Unread 28-09-2009, 03:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: Ronnie Loves him

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Ronaldo to United Hint?

I'm still happy with Nani's peformances this season, he's not been wonderful but it's a step in the right direction for him and i feel there is more to come from him this year.

He needs people to get behind him, and to be fair he's getting better support than last year with us. He'll get there people just have to stick with him and support him more.

Wherever he's longterm i'm not sure but he's doing a good job, working hard for the team and showing signs of the player potentially he can develop into.

Unread 28-09-2009, 03:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie's knowledge of how to develop young talent is second to none and suggesting he's to blame for nani's inconsistency after nearly three years is just laughable tbph. 'he needs games' ffs. you think, what, fergie hasn't noticed? or is just being nasty and stopping nani from progressing?
Or maybe he doesn't rate him? I don't think we need to be attributing blame for a 22-year-old player suffering with inconsistency. It's normal. As you point out, the lack of progress over the last year is what is really disappointing. Personally, I reckon he still has exceptional potential and I'd like to see Fergie be more persistent with him in terms of giving him a run in the side. That he doesn't often seem willing to do that gives some weight to the argument that he was a signing perhaps strongly influenced by Queiroz.

Unread 28-09-2009, 03:57 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Ronaldo to United Hint?

I'm still happy with Nani's peformances this season, he's not been wonderful but it's a step in the right direction for him and i feel there is more to come from him this year.

He needs people to get behind him, and to be fair he's getting better support than last year with us. He'll get there people just have to stick with him and support him more.

Wherever he's longterm i'm not sure but he's doing a good job, working hard for the team and showing signs of the player potentially he can develop into.
But he isn't. He's playing for himself atm. The run in the 1st half on Saturday when Berbs was unmarked in the centre. That ball should have been played but he took it on himself and blazed the ball high & wide.

You can see the frustration on the players faces/body language when Nani fails to deliver time & again.

Unread 28-09-2009, 04:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
But he isn't. He's playing for himself atm. The run in the 1st half on Saturday when Berbs was unmarked in the centre. That ball should have been played but he took it on himself and blazed the ball high & wide.

You can see the frustration on the players faces/body language when Nani fails to deliver time & again.
I'm looking over the season so far and not one game, for me he's working hard for the team, both forwards and backwards and trying his best.

Lets be honest tho, he knows everytime he's off Giggs comes on and makes the difference so he has to impress even more.

He's doing alright, but needs to improve if he's to move onto the next level.

Dunno why Berbs is moaning, for me the worst thing about him is that he takes far too long on the ball and slows us down.

Unread 28-09-2009, 04:03 PM
thankseric

Yeah he can drive you mad & always looks like he should be so much more effective BUT we're not exactly overloaded with top class wide players so let's not destroy him.

Unread 28-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Coracao

It will be interesting to see how Fergie uses Ljajic when he joins. He's been playing wide left for Partizan on a few ocassions when i've seen him, but he's right footed. Can't see him being involved until next season though, but it is another potential problem for Nani in regards to game time.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:12 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
people love to get on nanis back.

wish all our wingers were judged on the same critirea.

thats tosic, nani, park and valencia.

all judged on the same attributes and their productiveness measured in goals and assists!
I'd love to be waxing lyrical about how good he is believe me. I have no problem in rubbing my willy all over my homemade Wayne voodoo doll but the facts of the matter he gets slated cos he is shit.

Jason Park is shitter.

I cant rate Tosic as I have yet to see him play in person (I cant fully understand how people can judge a player from highlights or even televised matches personally, you see a completely different game) but he's probbly shit too or else he would have featured in some way by now.

Valencia is still worth a little more time in my eyes. I stand to be corrected bu I dont think he's played a dozen games yet FFS.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It will be interesting to see how Fergie uses Ljajic when he joins. He's been playing wide left for Partizan on a few ocassions when i've seen him, but he's right footed. Can't see him being involved until next season though, but it is another potential problem for Nani in regards to game time.
maybe abit like that other highly rated player we bought from partizan.

tosic is given nani nightmares about his position in the team atm.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ji Sung Park is about as useful as a VHS player. Does a solid, poor quality job with no frills but everyone hates looking at it and nobody is excited by it.
At least he's more consistant than Nani. He's like a lava lamp. Looks like it could brighten up the place but in reality is £#%&!ing useless, wastes too much money and just annoys everyone.

Don't even know what to compare Tosic too. Leather skull caps? £#%&! them all off asap.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:27 PM
sharath

Quote:
At the moment, he's quite a fragile confidence player. When he's feeling nervous, it comes across in his decision making. It's a pretty small problem to have at his age and shouldn't be too difficult to iron out given experience and more time to develop. When you've got a player with the ability he has, I don't think you make any rash decisions about cutting your loses. I'd be surprised if Fergie shared the 'make or break' viewpoint at this moment in time. He's not even 23 yet.
another month and a half to go till that time... neither do I think he will have improved by that time...

its not a confidence thing. nani has been wasting possession, making wrong decision, running down blind alleys since he has been here. even in the games he manages to be very good, he would have wasted more than 70% of the ball but since he would have had a great goal to his name, we would forget all the previous wasted opportunities.

We are not talking about a youngster anymore here... This is his 5th season in first division football ( portugal + england ). most of the good players will have ironed out their mistakes by that time. The thing is nani doesn't seem to learn at all. First there was an incidence in the first half where he could have simply passed it to rooney which would have put rooney one on one with their left back. he chose to hit a pass with the outside of his boot to berbatov ( which frankly was absurd anyways ). got an earful from rooney and no look from berbs. Few mins from this and then you had that great counter attack. he had 2 not 1 chances to pass it to another teammate who were in great positions. first berbs could have had a free shot at goal or he could have teed up rooney for a shot on goal. he did neither of this and shot a hopeless shot of the bar. Rooney had run 80 yards to get to that position. 80 £#%&!ing yards.

Quote:
You do wonder if the best thing would be to give him a run in the side over half a dozen or so league games and see how he does. He was playing well (Wigan, Arsenal) before being left out against Spurs and City, and perhaps his confidence has taken a knock again. I get the feeling he doesn't feel he has the complete faith of the manager/coaching staff. I think sometimes, when players get to this age, there's only so much longer you can £#%&! about with them. I'd like to see Fergie be a bit more persistent with him and give him an extended run.
what? play nani against liverpool and chelsea? we will get murdured because we will have 10 men on the pitch. and anyway in those matches fergie will have a 3 man midfield mostly fletcher, anderson and scholes with a front 3 of berbs, rooney , giggs/park.

we will get a indication of how much that performance will have made a dent in his chances of getting into first team tomorrow. I feel we will have a 4-4-2 with valencia starting. If parks starts that match, then it will be really bad for nani.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
maybe abit like that other highly rated player we bought from partizan.

tosic is given nani nightmares about his position in the team atm.
Hardly think Tosic and Ljajic are comparable, but nevermind.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:29 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakbu
I agree a run of 6 or so games might do him the world of good. It might also be a disaster for utd if it doesn't. I guess this is the problem at utd, chelsea, filth etc. if he plays badly do you play him again and again till your out of the running or each time you bring on giggs to sort out the mess and £#%&! his confidence completely. Its a difficult call, but this is why we have SAF not any of us picking the team.
Filth do with Lucas

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:29 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up Re: Nani - make or break time for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
At least he's more consistant than Nani. He's like a lava lamp. Looks like it could brighten up the place but in reality is £#%&!ing useless, wastes too much money and just annoys everyone.
The best description I've ever read of Nani.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:31 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ji Sung Park is about as useful as a VHS player. Does a solid, poor quality job with no frills but everyone hates looking at it and nobody is excited by it.

Don't even know what to compare Tosic too. Leather skull caps? £#%&! them all off asap.
lava lamp

although park does bring in money through united credit cards in korea. lava lamp just is useless.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:32 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Hardly think Tosic and Ljajic are comparable, but nevermind.
they are. both cost 17m pounds.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:34 PM
wee man

He just seems to be trying too hard at the moment. As if he knows it's his make or break time.

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Baron

Nani is £#%&!ing infuriating, but.... the very fact he's so infuriating really gives me the %@#$&! ache with our coaching staff.

Why is it so difficult to make the peanut headed pleb look up & pass earlier? Or cross first time? As a professional footballer who does £#%&! all except practice every day, why has he made precisely £#%&! all improvement in his game?

If you look at other infuriating footballers in the league, say... Walcott, you've seen him coached, it's patantly obvious he's worked on an aspect of his game such as the first time pass or the cut back, he'll probably still £#%&! up plenty, but you see certain aspects that can maybe be melded into a proper footballer. Nani... I just despair sometimes when he misses such obvious passes such as the Berbatov one through the middle. It's not just greed, or idiocy, but a failing of football coaches in our club that can't enforce a change in a players mentality.

Loan Nani to Arsenal for a year

Unread 28-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Ethers

I like Nani, but 'peanut headed pleb' is superb :P
Closed Thread