United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:31 PM
wiganste

Default Nani - make or break time for him

I know that's a 'no shit sherlock' statement but he really needs to start staking his claim for a regular starting place.

He frustrated the £#%&! out of me on Wednesday v Wolves and ought to have been MOTM but for his lack of a final ball and his awful decision making in the final third.

Saturday was another classic example of him being as thick as pig shit. Everything he tried turned to shite (barring one decent strike which the keeper saved)

He has ability but someone needs to have a word in his shell about using his team mates, rather than being a selfish @#%&!. If he doesn't sort this side of his game out before the end of the season, I can see him being shipped out. Which will be a shame because he could be a very useful player for us.

Thoughts?

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:34 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: Nani - make or break time for him

Exactly what you've said really, chatting to a mate about him over the weekend and he has the attributes to be a really good player but for me he doesn't have a footballers brain like rooney, scholes, giggs, ronaldo.

He makes the difficult look easy and the eay look tremendously hard.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Thoughts?
Yes.

marlo

i love the way people get on nanis back when he is by far the more productive of both our main wingers.

valancia hasnt impressed me at all to be honest.

far to predictable, poor control/first touch and a lack of variety.plays football like a pro evo winger controlled by the computer.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:35 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
I know that's a 'no shit sherlock' statement but he really needs to start staking his claim for a regular starting place.

He frustrated the £#%&! out of me on Wednesday v Wolves and ought to have been MOTM but for his lack of a final ball and his awful decision making in the final third.

Saturday was another classic example of him being as thick as pig shit. Everything he tried turned to shite (barring one decent strike which the keeper saved)

He has ability but someone needs to have a word in his shell about using his team mates, rather than being a selfish @#%&!. If he doesn't sort this side of his game out before the end of the season, I can see him being shipped out. Which will be a shame because he could be a very useful player for us.

Thoughts?

He gets into some cracking positions to whip the ball in 1st time but he allways does that thing where he stops and tries to do that step over %@#$&!s. If he just put the ball into the box a bit earlier I think that would be a big improvement.
Still think He'll come good.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:36 PM
hopkins

I can forgive him for that aspect as it can be coached out of him, it's the cowardly reation to robust challenges that does my head in

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:37 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i love the way people get on nanis back when he is by far the more productive of both our main wingers.

far to predictable, poor control/first touch and a lack of variety.plays football like a pro evo winger controlled by the computer.
Thanks for your input marlo. But this thread isn't about Valencia.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:37 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Nani - make or break time for him

I hope it's a break.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Tronics

who remembers when we had to play Fletcher or Ole on the wings?

when all our play concentrated on going through the middle? when we lack creativity and spark ?

now we have a player in Nani who frustrates and excites in equal measures. a player that SAF on his own would have never signed.

we've needed more players like Nani for a long while. instead we shell out on workmen type players like Park, who do nothing but run around like a headless chicken.

Nani tries things, sometimes it comes off other times it doesnt.

plus he hardly plays. he's always dropped every other game so i dont see how he's meant to maintain any kind of form.

players like Young have proved that given a good stint in the first team they can improve leaps and bounds.

the same needs to happen with Nani.

wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
I can forgive him for that aspect as it can be coached out of him, it's the cowardly reation to robust challenges that does my head in
He is the softest player I've ever seen playing for United.

dodger

He's got all the skills but I think he's one of those, and there have been plenty, who hasn't got the mental strength to succeed at OT. I can't see a great season ahead for him and I think it will be his last for us.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
He is the softest player I've ever seen playing for United.
vidic?

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:42 PM
MJ Ramone

I like the way he never stops trying to be positive, but I just think ultimately he's not quite good enough.
All summer I was saying we should move Heaven & Earth to buy Ribery.
We'd be awesome with a top class left winger.

Fergie obviously thinks Nani can improve, but he needs to improve his delivery & decision making.

Valencia has only just joined & is 'allowed' a settling in period.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:43 PM
PaulParkers

I've made no secret of the fact that I've never rated Nani. He's quick yes, has a decent shot on him and can show glimpses of skill but these are all attributes that I would expect of any player playing in the premier league.

It's brain and first touch which separate the good players from the poor ones. Sadly Nani has neither for me. Plus he has got no bottle at all and is quite possibly the biggest @#%&! of all time. Roy Cropper could kick his face in.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:46 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Roy Cropper could kick his face in.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I've made no secret of the fact that I've never rated Nani. He's quick yes, has a decent shot on him and can show glimpses of skill but these are all attributes that I would expect of any player playing in the premier league.

It's brain and first touch which separate the good players from the poor ones. Sadly Nani has neither for me. Plus he has got no bottle at all and is quite possibly the biggest @#%&! of all time. Roy Cropper could kick his face in.
he eats dogs in his own country?

wiganste

Quote:
vidic?
Ok marls

Now GTFO of my thread. Thanks x

dunk

Quote:

I said something similar during the game on Saturday, if one of our wingers deserves some criticism, it's Valencia imo, for all the reasons you have given. As has been mentioned by others, looks shit scared atm, just keeps doing the same thing, badly. Shame he didn't score on Satruday, could've been a big help if he had.

I've got no problem with Nani. Working far harder this year and is never scared of trying things. Yes his final ball is a bit hit and miss, but think back to all the wide players we have had at OT over the years and at some point their decision making/final ball has been questioned, in all cases. Nani will be a very good player for us.

It was Nani's hard work and threat whilst on the pitch that made sure there was space for Giggs when he came on on Saturday.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:48 PM
King Schlong

Its no good having the skills if you haven't got the footballing brain to go with it.

Unread 28-09-2009, 02:48 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Gentlemen, cast your minds back 5 years....

Quote:
"The problem with Ronaldo is all that dicking about with the ball when he could just cross it"
We've got to hope that he improves that aspect of his game this year.

There was a story in one of the papers that "he's on the phone to his best mate Ronaldo to get help on putting in better crosses"... though how the £#%&! someone 1,500 miles away can show him how to do that when he's got 50 team-mates and coaches here is beyond me.

Or maybe it'll be us, and not Stoke, singing "You'll never be Ronaldo" next season as he comes on to the pitch wearing a Sunderland shirt.
Closed Thread