United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I read earlier that a few of his former teammates have gone on to wear the number 34 at new clubs

No clue how true that is?
Dunno. I’m torn. The football number purest in me hates it, but the sentimental part of me loves it

Smallest number available please. We’ve no 7, 11, 12, 13.. 14 and 15 are about to £#%&! off, yet we might start with numbers 31, 34 and 39 in CM absolutely £#%&!ing hate those clowns in Italy wearing numbers up in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, hate it

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno. I’m torn. The football number purest in me hates it, but the sentimental part of me loves it

Smallest number available please. We’ve no 7, 11, 12, 13.. 14 and 15 are about to f*** off, yet we might start with numbers 31, 34 and 39 in CM absolutely f***ing hate those clowns in Italy wearing numbers up in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, hate it
When I played fifa career mode I was so autistic about this if I ever forgot to change the number of a player I’d just signed and I noticed it in game, I’d have to quit and change it.

On the rare occasion an outfield player wears the number 1 shirt I can’t help but admire the balls though.

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I read earlier that a few of his former teammates have gone on to wear the number 34 at new clubs

For Appie

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:03 PM
20LEgend1999

We're going to win the league, and if anyone disagrees I will fight them. Yaldy

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
It’s finally happened, Manchester United have secured their first summer signing.

Donny van de Beek has arrived from Ajax for an upfront fee of €39m, with an extra €5m to be paid be in add-ons. The official announcement inevitably sparked the fan-base into frenzy, who were keen to welcome the Dutchman to Old Trafford.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has also revealed his happiness behind securing the excellent addition, but nobody seems happier than the player himself.

Speaking on his dream move, the 23-year-old has said the following: “You have no idea how happy I am that I finally got my transfer. Because as you knew, I had an agreement with Real Madrid, and so did the clubs, but for some reason it never went through. Players that were supposed to leave Real Madrid stayed, so they couldn’t sign me.

“I asked myself, will such an opportunity ever arrive again? But then there was Manchester United. A dream club for me, a fantastic club in the strongest league in the world. I didn’t need to think for one second when this opportunity arrived for me.”

It’s certainly refreshing to hear a new addition arrive for the right reasons, but it’s clear that Solskjaer played his part in the arrival. Van de Beek cited the manager as a key reason behind his decision: “Last week I spoke to Solskjaer. It was about private things, but also about football. He said he’s been following me for a very long while. He said he knew exactly what my biggest strengths are and told me that he wants me to be in and around the 16 [yard] box at Man United too.”

Solskjaer wasn’t the only influential figure behind the deal either, with the 23-year-old also speaking highly of former United-players Edwin van der Sar and Daley Blind: “Edwin van der Sar & Daley Blind helped me too with my decision. They were very excited about Manchester United. They said it was not only a massive club, but also a very warm club. And so far this is exactly how I experienced the club. I am so excited to arrive there.”

Van der Sar is the current CEO of Ajax, and his close relations with the Red Devils is said to have created sooth negotiations between the two clubs.

United fans will no doubt be thanking their former goalkeeper, as Van de Beek arrives with quite a prestigious reputation. The midfielder is taking nothing for granted though, as he finished by saying: “I will start at zero again at Manchester United. That might seem sad, but I love it. If you start down the ladder you can begin to climb up again. It’s now up to me to see how high I can reach. And I see this as a challenge.”

Should he carry his form over from the Netherlands, United look to have quite the coup signing on their hands.
The PE teacher will never be able to attract players...

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Red Santos

Ole might try and sign one more player then that'll be done for this transfer window.

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:02 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Ole might try and sign one more player then that'll be done for this transfer window.
if he only brings in DVB and Sancho....we are going to be fighting against for that 3rd or 4th spot especially with Chelsea spending like drunken sailors in the red light district!

we have to sign at minimum 3 quality players this summer that are pushing for a spot in the starting XI

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Kluivert's squad number is 99 though.

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:25 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Going out with Bergkamp’s daughter

Jawline checks out. Can she fly ?

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Tears

Unread 02-09-2020, 10:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Wonder what Sueders thinks of that coat.
He looks like a a bit of a simpleton so it figures that he shops at Zara.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Might actually depend on the amount of dead wood we manage to shift.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:45 PM
Bunker Buster

tears

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:46 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Hope he's good. Shit number. 34 ffs. Bet his mate would have wanted him to take 8.

Unread 03-09-2020, 12:30 AM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/stat...694294016?s=20

Kluivert's squad number is 99 though.
Is that the speed his dad was driving when he had his crash ?

Unread 03-09-2020, 12:34 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
He said he knew exactly what my biggest strengths are and told me that he wants me to be in and around the 16 [yard] box at Man United too.”
Do they play on smaller pitches in Hollland?

Unread 03-09-2020, 12:56 AM
MagnificentSeven

he gets us la

Unread 03-09-2020, 02:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Smallest number available please. We’ve no 7, 11, 12, 13.. 14 and 15 are about to f*** off, yet we might start with numbers 31, 34 and 39 in CM absolutely f***ing hate those clowns in Italy wearing numbers up in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, hate it
Completely agree. Number the first team 1-20, always.

Unread 03-09-2020, 06:45 AM
djsst