United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Stickman

I think we have the second best squad in the league tbh. We can’t put out the 2nd best starting 11 but squad wise I think were a lot stronger than some of you like to make out.

Unread 16-03-2021, 01:47 PM
20LEgend1999

At the start of the season, I think most would've said we had 3rd or 4th best squad in the league.

I'd argue Chelsea have more depth than us, but I haven't looked side by side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think we have the second best squad in the league tbh. We can’t put out the 2nd best starting 11 but squad wise I think were a lot stronger than some of you like to make out.
You had us finishing 5th, you really don't rate Ole!

Unread 16-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
City aside, who has better depth than us?
City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool(when all healthy)....that's four right there

Chelsea has way more attacking options than we do...ditto for Arsenal

Liverpool has more attacking and midfield options that we do although Klopp doesn't use them like he should

Ole has basically 16-17 players he trusts and can rely on and that is about it

if we're honest Ole needs a CF, RW, CM and CB....plus a RB that actually wants to take on the challenge of fighting AWB for that spot. Will it be Dalot? Williams?

Unread 16-03-2021, 04:19 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
City aside, who has better depth than us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Any team with more than one right winger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Or more than one proper CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
More than one right back
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteParrot
A CM who can pass a football

Unread 16-03-2021, 07:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
At the start of the season, I think most would've said we had 3rd or 4th best squad in the league.

I'd argue Chelsea have more depth than us, but I haven't looked side by side.

You had us finishing 5th, you really don't rate Ole!
Correct I don’t particularly, I just don’t go on about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool(when all healthy)....that's four right there

Chelsea has way more attacking options than we do...ditto for Arsenal

Liverpool has more attacking and midfield options that we do although Klopp doesn't use them like he should

Ole has basically 16-17 players he trusts and can rely on and that is about it

if we're honest Ole needs a CF, RW, CM and CB....plus a RB that actually wants to take on the challenge of fighting AWB for that spot. Will it be Dalot? Williams?
Disagree on Liverpool and Arsenal, strongly disagree on Arsenal. Their squad is absolute tripe.

I think we’re at least like for like with Chelsea too, tit for tat. Our bench is strong when everybody is fit.

Our bench home to city in the league was:

Henderson
Bailly
Telles
Matic
Van De Beek
Mata
Martial

Those are good options that cover a pretty wide array of needs.

Unread 16-03-2021, 08:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Correct I don’t particularly, I just don’t go on about it.

Disagree on Liverpool and Arsenal, strongly disagree on Arsenal. Their squad is absolute tripe.

I think we’re at least like for like with Chelsea too, tit for tat. Our bench is strong when everybody is fit.

Our bench home to city in the league was:

Henderson
Bailly
Telles
Matic
Van De Beek
Mata
Martial

Those are good options that cover a pretty wide array of needs.

We’ve an abundance of keepers and CBs, seriously short in midfield and attack. Simple.

Unread 16-03-2021, 08:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
If anything, that might be more accurate the other way round IMO.

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Chris Quayd

"Any cup competition can give you a trophy but sometimes it’s an ego thing for managers and clubs. Sometimes a cup can hide the fact you’re struggling a bit. a trophy can hide the other facts of what’s happening at a club.

‘We need to see progress. If we progress well enough then trophies will end up at the club again. One trophy won’t say we’re back, no, it’s the gradual progression and consistency of being around the top of the league while adding the odd trophy.

We’re aiming to win trophies, it’s why you play football...sometimes in the cup tournaments you might be lucky or unlucky with the draws and games decided on different factors

‘We’re 12 points ahead of where we were at the same stage last season in the league and we’re all aiming to win trophies. Sometimes it’s in the league position where you see us progressing really"

My manager

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
"Any cup competition can give you a trophy but sometimes it’s an ego thing for managers and clubs. Sometimes a cup can hide the fact you’re struggling a bit. a trophy can hide the other facts of what’s happening at a club.

‘We need to see progress. If we progress well enough then trophies will end up at the club again. One trophy won’t say we’re back, no, it’s the gradual progression and consistency of being around the top of the league while adding the odd trophy.

We’re aiming to win trophies, it’s why you play football...sometimes in the cup tournaments you might be lucky or unlucky with the draws and games decided on different factors

‘We’re 12 points ahead of where we were at the same stage last season in the league and we’re all aiming to win trophies. Sometimes it’s in the league position where you see us progressing really"

My manager
AKA £#%&! off Gaz.

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:19 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

My manager
and mine

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

My manager
Might get his face tatted on my back

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:42 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

My manager

Unread 17-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Jethro

Quite amazing how that has been interpreted.

Unread 17-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Vida_15

Ole confirmed that Pogba, Donny, Cavani and Rashford are all fit for the travel to Milan

Martial, Mata and Bailly have missed the trip

Unread 17-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Tronics

judging by those comments he's clearly feeling the pressure which is g2c standards need to be upheld

but hopefully he delivers, if not on to the next

Unread 17-03-2021, 05:41 PM
MUFC One Love

Looked fed up in the press conference.

Unread 17-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Might get his face tatted on my back
With the words “progress” underneath?

Joke of a quote.

Unread 17-03-2021, 07:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
With the words “progress” underneath?

Joke of a quote.
Not read every bit of it but he is right trophies can mask the reality.

See Mourinho at United.

If we are finishing in the top 3 regularly and getting to the latter stages or competitions its progress. As Ole said, there is luck involved even down to the draw.

Wasn't long ago we were 6th quite regularly.

Unread 17-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Looked fed up in the press conference.
Assume he'd just learned of Cavani being a colossal fanny.

Let's hope he gets a tune out of the lads in what is still a big Euro away against European football royalty. I hope we smash the @#%&!s 5-0 without breaking sweat.

Unread 17-03-2021, 07:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Assume he'd just learned of Cavani being a colossal fanny.

Let's hope he gets a tune out of the lads in what is still a big Euro away against European football royalty. I hope we smash the @#%&!s 5-0 without breaking sweat.
Probably also wondering why people are trying to sack him over a poxy cup he might not win when we’re clearly getting better and better under him.
Closed Thread