United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2021, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The sensible choice

However, he's doing a good job and his requirements for this season was to finish top 4 and it looks like he's going to do that.

Building a squad of good young players, the youth set up is rife with talent. He knows we're a few players short - he needs to be backed

All the players we wanted out he's delivered - just a few more to go (Jones, Lingard, Mata and probably Matic along with one or two others) We all thought these turds wouldn't flush but they're going down the u-bend pretty nicely atm
Pereira and Dalot will be returning

Otherwise, spot on.

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Otherwise, spot on.
nah they're definitely both for sale. neither will be in contention when they return as neither have impressed particularly on loan.

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
nah they're definitely both for sale. neither will be in contention when they return as neither have impressed particularly on loan.
shockingly

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:22 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
shockingly
I thought Dalot might turn out ok, but £#%&!ing hell Pereira - why did we persevere for so long awful player, suited to the Spanish 2nd division...

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I know, I just meant they’ll still need flushing.

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Otherwise, spot on.
Dalot could be the best (cheapest) option to hopefully get AWB to up his game ala Shaw.

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Dalot could be the best (cheapest) option to hopefully get AWB to up his game ala Shaw.
Question is; how do we get Dalot to up his game enough to be a viable option?

Unread 15-03-2021, 02:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Question is; how do we get Dalot to up his game enough to be a viable option?
Maybe the run in Italy has improved him. Hopefully mentally if anything he has a bigger desire to play and up his game. Certainly think he’s a very good back up to have at the club. Almost the opposite of AWB in that he’s good going forward as an attack fullback but can’t really defend.

If we are looking to challenge for the title and the other 3 trophies I think he has to be retained next year as a back up right back. Think he will be ok against the cannon fodder . Rather that than sign another RB just to give AWB a boot up his arse.

Esp if he can play on both sides, I’d keep him and loan Brandon Williams out.

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:38 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
https://twitter.com/CoachesVoice/sta...846417408?s=19

But anybody else would've been sacked by now.
He has been on the brink at least 3 times during his reign has he not?

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:44 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
How on earth would I know?

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Says who, The Sun?

Unread 15-03-2021, 03:52 PM
20LEgend1999

Even Moyes got 11 months, so that's seemingly the shortest amount of time a manager could possibly be given by United.

We then have to assume having got the job in March 2019, Ole was safe until February 2020 at the earliest. In that time, we've picked up more points than any team apart from City. When are these three times I'm missing?

Unread 15-03-2021, 04:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
No, no he hasn't.

Unread 15-03-2021, 07:02 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CoachesVoice/sta...846417408?s=19

But anybody else would've been sacked by now.
that's a pretty damn impressive record in the league....honestly didn't notice it

i think what pisses and moans everyone is the CL exit and the semifinal loses...but £#%&! me he's doing it with a VERY young team and a squad that really doesn't have the depth like our rivals do especially in the attacking phase.

i thought Dalot was good against us despite playing on the left but it was his end product that was shit...but again he was playing on the left not his favored right. If Italy helps him on the defensive side then maybe we give him an opportunity in preseason unless Milan are willing to stump up 20m for him which i doubt.

Peirira is £#%&!ing shit....who in their £#%&!ing right mind would buy that worthless @#%&! bag?

Ole has done really well to get rid of the deadwood that he could...now if he can find a place for Jones and/or Mata then £#%&! me that's excellent business on his part

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Though that makes it still more galling who that one defeat was against tbf

Unread 16-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
that's a pretty damn impressive record in the league....honestly didn't notice it

i think what pisses and moans everyone is the CL exit and the semifinal loses...but £#%&! me he's doing it with a VERY young team and a squad that really doesn't have the depth like our rivals do especially in the attacking phase.

i thought Dalot was good against us despite playing on the left but it was his end product that was shit...but again he was playing on the left not his favored right. If Italy helps him on the defensive side then maybe we give him an opportunity in preseason unless Milan are willing to stump up 20m for him which i doubt.

Peirira is £#%&!ing shit....who in their £#%&!ing right mind would buy that worthless @#%&! bag?

Ole has done really well to get rid of the deadwood that he could...now if he can find a place for Jones and/or Mata then £#%&! me that's excellent business on his part
City aside, who has better depth than us?

Unread 16-03-2021, 12:54 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
City aside, who has better depth than us?
Any team with more than one right winger.

Unread 16-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Any team with more than one right winger.
Or more than one proper CF

Unread 16-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Chris Quayd

More than one right back

Unread 16-03-2021, 01:18 PM
TheWhiteParrot

A CM who can pass a football
Closed Thread