Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

We beat Rochdale ?

Unread 26-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Blaming the players for been shit is fine, they are shit.

But how is a manager who has only managed a non leagie team going to make them better.

Said it ourselves fitness is down and we have no way of playing. Ole is with them day in day out, what the £#%&! has he got them doing

A top manager would get this group of players playing something resembling football. Ole is so far from been a top manager that he never will be.

Hes one of us yes and a club legend and always will be but he has no clue so no idea why people have so much faith in him.

When he leaves no top club in the world will come for him, whys that?
How is any manager going to make some of these better ?

Would Klopp or Pep turn Rojo, Jones or Lingard into worldies ? Could Klopp or Pep turn back the clock on Matic and Mata ?

Ole has brought in James, Maguire and Wan Bissaka, he's shipped out Kukaku, Smalling and Sanchez. He's got Greewood, Tubaneze and The Scottish Player playing well. He's identified Williams as a potential and he's giving the likes of Gomes a chance. He's even got Young looking good as as solid sub. It looks like his faith in Pogba is misplaced, but that's not down to the manager. There are also some questions about his faith in Chong, but even Fergie had his sentimental choices. We're not playing like Barca, but at least the play is flowing and we're trying to go forward.

Another manager is not going to do any better. First, there is no super manager available or even interested, second there is no budget for a wholesale replacement of the squad. Whoever would come in would face exactly the same situation and would probably be sacked in short order.

Have some faith ffs

Unread 26-09-2019, 10:07 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We beat Rochdale ?

You're better than that pal

Unread 26-09-2019, 10:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Replace 'Ole' with 'Mourinho' and we're right back to where we were last year.

The players weren't happy with training under the toxic one either, same shit, different manager.

I honestly believe the squad is full of lazy spoilt @#%&!s who are spreading a disease through the squad, and that no manger, no matter how successful they have been in the past or may be in the future could get anything close to some sort of cohesion and team spirit out of these mard-arse @#%&!s who only want to complain and pick up their pay cheque for turning up and doing the bare minimum effort they can be arsed to put in to training and competing on the pitch.

Ole stays, shits @#%&!s out.
Yeah agree with that and these @#%&!s are with out a doubt the biggest problem (well along with the board obvs) but I’m worried we’re worse off now that at any stage under van Gaal or Mourinho.

I’m all for backing a manager and given them enough time to rebuild etc, I was with van Gaal and Mourinho (moyes can £#%&! off) but there has to be a glimmer of a style of play or an idea of the way he wants us to play and under Ole I just can’t see it.

I’m not Ole out yet, but that’s more down to there not being anyone better out there that I think would come to us at this moment. Just feels like we’re backing Ole because he played for the club in the past and not on his actual managerial credentials, which is worrying because the game has moved on.

It’s not nice seeing him like he was at the end of the game last night. He looks lost to me? Fingers crossed we get our full first team out for a run of games and we can see an actual plan and way of playing coming together, even if the early stages. If that were to happen then I could overlook any poor results.

Unread 26-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Of course Ole should stay.

What could a new manager do to make this current squad better? Make Rashford spend more time in the six yard box? Make Matic younger? Make Pogba care? Make Shaw thin and intelligent?

All a new manager would give us now is another dose of "new manager bounce," which is £#%&! all use to us in the grander scheme of things. Don't get any fancy ideas about January either - there'll be no big signings made then unless it's one of Woodward's specials, and they don't work out too well.

I don't know what people expected when we signed no midfielders and no forwards, barring a kid from Swansea. We are extremely light in both departments because of the club's failure in the transfer market. It's no mystery that we struggle to score goals. These results and performances are not surprising.

Ole isn't perfect but he's alright. His style is not so pronounced or distinctive or defined as that of Guardiola or Klopp or van Gaal etc., but I don't think it's accurate to suggest he has "no style" - I think that's really suggesting he has no idea, and no tactical sense. Did he also have no tactical sense when we beat Spurs away last year, or Arsenal away?

You can see that he wants his team to be high up the pitch. He plays with 4 forwards with Pogba behind them and full-backs pushing up - that's quite attack-minded and brave. It might not be working but you can see what he wants. We might be passing the ball badly, but at least we're not lumping it up the £#%&!ing pitch to 2 far away strikers.

Things will only, and can only, get better when we have a core of quality players with good attitudes, who can create a higher standard of play and desire and professionalism amongst the players, and carry the team forward. It is mainly a recruitment issue, but bringing through young players will help. Ole has made 3 good signings and he has given The Scottish Player his head. Other youngsters will break through under him too. I imagine he would have been desparate to sign more players in the summer but that isn't up to him.

I really don't know what else he can do with this group other than nurse us through this period until the squad can be strengthened by new signings, developed youngsters and exorcised shit@#%&!s.

I trust Ole to perform this arduous task with dignity and dilligence. I hope he is still here when it's complete. We are lucky to have a proper United man in charge at this moment. We should back him all the way. There's really no reason not to.
agree with all this, but is this the first time the d-bomb has been dropped in relation to united?

dignity and par leagues, la.

Unread 26-09-2019, 11:01 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
How is any manager going to make some of these better ?

Would Klopp or Pep turn Rojo, Jones or Lingard into worldies ? Could Klopp or Pep turn back the clock on Matic and Mata ?

Ole has brought in James, Maguire and Wan Bissaka, he's shipped out Kukaku, Smalling and Sanchez. He's got Greewood, Tubaneze and The Scottish Player playing well. He's identified Williams as a potential and he's giving the likes of Gomes a chance. He's even got Young looking good as as solid sub. It looks like his faith in Pogba is misplaced, but that's not down to the manager. There are also some questions about his faith in Chong, but even Fergie had his sentimental choices. We're not playing like Barca, but at least the play is flowing and we're trying to go forward.

Another manager is not going to do any better. First, there is no super manager available or even interested, second there is no budget for a wholesale replacement of the squad. Whoever would come in would face exactly the same situation and would probably be sacked in short order.

Have some faith ffs
I dont think Ole has done much wrong tbh which I alluded to in a different post. 3 good signings and got rid of some shit. Could of bought a few replacements but if not doing that gives youth a chance im all for it.

My issue is his ability to manage and get the best out of players. #@&%! players like Pogba who need a special kind of treatment to even play. The top managers are able to do that and a top manager would be doing much better than Ole imo. Pep and Klopp would have this team playing the right way and we all know it so dont kid yourself - and yes appreciate they like a few others are i na league of their own

No doubt about it he is giving his all and trying his best but it is not and never will be good enough.

Mark my words it will end in tears and he will achieve nothing at this club and go back to non league. When this does happen those sticking up for him will come out with some shit that at least he tried.

Keep him until someone is available to replace him. Do not miss the boat because of some connection with a player from 20 years ago.

Sorry but its a football club not a charity.

Unread 26-09-2019, 11:25 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Read what i'm saying.

Read.

What.

I'm.

Saying.

Unread 26-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Blaming the players for been shit is fine, they are shit.

But how is a manager who has only managed a non leagie team going to make them better.
Who’s that?

Luckily we have a manager who knows who needs to be gotten rid of and he’s already done a better job bringing players in than previous managers.

So the players are shit but you expect a manager to make them better? In such a situation guardiola would sell the players and bring in better ones more suited to what he wants. Which is exactly what ole is doing, albeit at a slower rate due to the people above him.

You’re showing ignorance.

Quote:
Said it ourselves fitness is down and we have no way of playing. Ole is with them day in day out, what the £#%&! has he got them doing
They’re not remote controlled. This isn’t fifa with ole controlling what they do from the touch line. It takes time and patience to turnaround issues that have been evident for around 7 years through 4 previous managers.

Quote:
A top manager would get this group of players playing something resembling football. Ole is so far from been a top manager that he never will be.
Like van gaal or mourinho?

Christ, he’s a few games into his first full season.

Quote:
Hes one of us yes and a club legend and always will be but he has no clue so no idea why people have so much faith in him.
You’re the one demonstrating no clue about the realities of management and our situation.

Quote:
When he leaves no top club in the world will come for him, whys that?
It’s no different to the numerous managers Barca and Madrid have hired at times, including when Barca hired guardiola, or Enrique etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s crazy and shows a lack of discipline and structure to our play, and that falls on Ole’s shoulders.

I think the rumours of players not being happy with the level of training etc could actually be true you know.
Unhappy with van gaal’s methods, unhappy with mourinho’s methods, unhappy with ole’s methods. I’m seeing a pattern. Let’s blame the manager. The one guy working for us in trying to sort it.

Quote:
If that was Mourinho last night he would be slated to high heaven for failing to motivate his players.
Not 6 games into his first full season, unless the fans concerned we’re impatient, clueless morons. Are you an impatient, clueless moron?

We’re about 20% into ole’s long term plan, if that. The squad composition and dressing room culture needs changing before we see real progress on the pitch. It’s a battle we need to have and get through. Ole’s shown enough with the players he’s got rid of and brought in that his plan is worth giving a chance. And we wouldn’t be having this discussion if the club had brought in all the players he wanted.

Quote:
Pep and Klopp would have this team playing the right way and we all know it so dont kid yourself - and yes appreciate they like a few others are i na league of their own
It’s absolute %@#$&!s. Not so soon, not with this group. Just like van gaal and mourinho didn’t. United have long term fundamental issues that need addressing.

Imagine guardiola taking over this team and being limited to 3 or so signings a summer, whilst struggling to get rid of players he didn’t want. He can’t turnover 20 players inside 12 months like at city, and he still almost still cracked under the pressure in his first season. He’d turn into a gibberish wreck working with this group of players and the reality of the situation at united.

Unread 26-09-2019, 12:03 PM
utd99

The problem that Solskjaer has is that the world he operates in will never totally disassociate the realities of a long term build with the reality of winning football matches now.

You can tip the scales a bit, but that’s it. If the rebuild cannot be done with, at the very least, visible improvement in performance and a decent winning record he will be fired; simple as that.

Unread 26-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

My issue is his ability to manage and get the best out of players. #@&%! players like Pogba who need a special kind of treatment to even play. The top managers are able to do that and a top manager would be doing much better than Ole imo. Pep and Klopp would have this team playing the right way and we all know it so dont kid yourself - and yes appreciate they like a few others are i na league of their own

First, even Lord Ferg knew Pogba wasn't worth the effort, that's why he got rid of him the first time. Pogba is a less talented Balliotelli.

Second, there is no why on earth that Klopp or Guardioa would do better with this team. They'd both try to get shot of the dross and rebuild. ... only they'd both face the same budget challenges.

Unread 26-09-2019, 01:41 PM
barca99

Quote:
First, even Lord Ferg knew Pogba wasn't worth the effort, that's why he got rid of him the first time. Pogba is a less talented Balliotelli.

Second, there is no why on earth that Klopp or Guardioa would do better with this team. They'd both try to get shot of the dross and rebuild. ... only they'd both face the same budget challenges.
Thats bullshit and you know it.

Hes been here 9 months and we have got progressively worse have we not?

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Thats bullshit and you know it.

Hes been here 9 months and we have got progressively worse have we not?
We were shite when he joined. He performed miracles in his first 10 or so games, then the team ran out of steam.

He's trying to rebuild the side, he's had 6 games and you want him sacked ?

How old are you ffs... instant gratification or toys out the pram ?

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:10 PM
20LEgend1999

Pep wouldn't have come here without assurances he could get rid of almost the entire squad and buy two new players in each position. That's never going to happen at United, so it's pointless even discussing it. Pep wouldn't have agreed to come into a situation like this in the first place.

Reading about how much better we should be doing makes me think some people don't understand how bad a shape the squad is in. Just because we're Man Utd, it doesn't change the utter shit show of a squad that has been assembled over the years.

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Seamus

Quote:

he didnt get rid of him, he left

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Jethro

Jammers every morning before opening the Ole thread

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:48 PM
barca99

Quote:
We were shite when he joined. He performed miracles in his first 10 or so games, then the team ran out of steam.

He's trying to rebuild the side, he's had 6 games and you want him sacked ?

How old are you ffs... instant gratification or toys out the pram ?
Hes had 9 months not 6 games and i never once said I wanted him sacked.

I'm saying if anybody better is available get them in, making the point that Ole has done pretty well so far (with his transfers, nothing else) so a new decent manager can work on that and we would not have wasted our time with Ole.

He can be the best re builder of sides in the world but it means nothing if he cant manage/coach/motivate the players.

Sorry but this is Manchester United not some league 1 club for mangers to learn the ropes.

Hopefully he is a stop gap until someone better comes along

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Jammers every morning before opening the Ole thread

Unread 26-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Hes had 9 months not 6 games and i never once said I wanted him sacked....

...Hopefully he is a stop gap until someone better comes along

Unread 26-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Hes had 9 months not 6 games and i never once said I wanted him sacked.

I'm saying if anybody better is available get them in, making the point that Ole has done pretty well so far (with his transfers, nothing else) so a new decent manager can work on that and we would not have wasted our time with Ole.

He can be the best re builder of sides in the world but it means nothing if he cant manage/coach/motivate the players.

Sorry but this is Manchester United not some league 1 club for mangers to learn the ropes.

Hopefully he is a stop gap until someone better comes along

Unread 26-09-2019, 03:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who’s that?

Luckily we have a manager who knows who needs to be gotten rid of and he’s already done a better job bringing players in than previous managers.

So the players are shit but you expect a manager to make them better? In such a situation guardiola would sell the players and bring in better ones more suited to what he wants. Which is exactly what ole is doing, albeit at a slower rate due to the people above him.

You’re showing ignorance.

They’re not remote controlled. This isn’t fifa with ole controlling what they do from the touch line. It takes time and patience to turnaround issues that have been evident for around 7 years through 4 previous managers.

Like van gaal or mourinho?

Christ, he’s a few games into his first full season.

You’re the one demonstrating no clue about the realities of management and our situation.

It’s no different to the numerous managers Barca and Madrid have hired at times, including when Barca hired guardiola, or Enrique etc.

Unhappy with van gaal’s methods, unhappy with mourinho’s methods, unhappy with ole’s methods. I’m seeing a pattern. Let’s blame the manager. The one guy working for us in trying to sort it.

Not 6 games into his first full season, unless the fans concerned we’re impatient, clueless morons. Are you an impatient, clueless moron?

We’re about 20% into ole’s long term plan, if that. The squad composition and dressing room culture needs changing before we see real progress on the pitch. It’s a battle we need to have and get through. Ole’s shown enough with the players he’s got rid of and brought in that his plan is worth giving a chance. And we wouldn’t be having this discussion if the club had brought in all the players he wanted.

It’s absolute %@#$&!s. Not so soon, not with this group. Just like van gaal and mourinho didn’t. United have long term fundamental issues that need addressing.

Imagine guardiola taking over this team and being limited to 3 or so signings a summer, whilst struggling to get rid of players he didn’t want. He can’t turnover 20 players inside 12 months like at city, and he still almost still cracked under the pressure in his first season. He’d turn into a gibberish wreck working with this group of players and the reality of the situation at united.
Ey up, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has logged in.
Closed Thread