United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I get reducing by a year but a total revoke is insane.

edit: the rumour is all down the pep saying "i am confident we will be in the Champions League next season after seeing the arguments put forward by the club."

£#%&! off you cheeky @#%&! ya getting cancelled m8
They can’t possibly wipe it out completely; they’re bang to rights ffs. If they get away with it it’s just another nail in the coffin.

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:37 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Rumours now circulating that the ban is going to be completely dropped.
Well, I am completely shocked!

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
UEFA will be bricking it after seeing that banner in Heaton Park.
Looks like it worked...

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:44 PM
armchair

We should be aiming for fourth and winning the Europa as our routes.

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
UEFA will be bricking it after seeing that banner in Heaton Park.
This has little to do with UEFA, this is the court of arbitration for sport over-ruling the European football governing body's case against corruption and financial cheating.

This is disastrous for UEFA, it will basically be a green light now for the likes of City, PSG and soon-to-be Newcastle to spend whatever they like and continue to fudge the numbers.

The rest of football will look on aghast but that's what it's become.

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Again, is there anything to this other than Pep bullshitting that he is "very confident"?

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:36 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Again, is there anything to this other than Pep bullshitting that he is "very confident"?
No.

Its announced on monday.

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Well CAS can’t drop the ban
They can only give their verdict on whether they think City are guilty of the breach and if the ban length is appropriate or not

Find it hard to believe they will be completely cleared but money and power talk sadly

Let’s be honest those leaked emails showed they are guilty as sin

Wouldn’t put too much stock in what Pep is saying as if he and city have got the nod from CAS they would play it cool rather than be bullish
I think Pep is giving himself an out if it is upheld by saying the club lied to him so he’s morally in his rights to leave

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well CAS can’t drop the ban
They can only give their verdict on whether they think City are guilty of the breach and if the ban length is appropriate or not

Find it hard to believe they will be completely cleared but money and power talk sadly

Let’s be honest those leaked emails showed they are guilty as sin

Wouldn’t put too much stock in what Pep is saying as if he and city have got the nod from CAS they would play it cool rather than be bullish
I think Pep is giving himself an out if it is upheld by saying the club lied to him so he’s morally in his rights to leave
I think you’ll find they can. Whenever two parties enter any form of arbitration they’re agreeing to abide by their final determination, it’s not an opinion or suggestion. Obviously Uefa would rather not, but they’re obligated because recourse to the CAS is City’s legal right.

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:59 PM
Neo

No idea who this guy is, or whether he's ITK...

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:08 PM
waynes ear's

He’s a bloo and a bullshitting dick

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

shocked.

money talks.

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:10 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

https://twitter.com/IanCheeseman/sta...915227136?s=20
He was suicidal first game behind closed doors absolute skid mark on city cos he runs a blog

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

https://twitter.com/IanCheeseman/sta...915227136?s=20
Used to work for the BBC
Makes Stuart Brennan for MEN look impartial

Will know £#%&! all in reality

CAS only inform parties involved an hour or two before the verdict is delivered

Unread 10-07-2020, 11:02 PM
andyroo

I'll be astounded if they serve any ban at all.

We should be aiming to win every game anyway, CL place or not. And if we do we'll get one, bertie ban or not.

Unread 10-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'll be astounded if they serve any ban at all.

We should be aiming to win every game anyway, CL place or not. And if we do we'll get one, bertie ban or not.
Is there any possibility that not only will the 2 yr ban be upheld, but they get booted from this years CL as well?

Unread 10-07-2020, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Is there any possibility that not only will the 2 yr ban be upheld, but they get booted from this years CL as well?
Absolutely none, I would say.

Unread 10-07-2020, 11:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Unread 10-07-2020, 11:45 PM
waynes ear's

Would certainly be hilarious to see City booted out of this seasons and Real get a bye.

Corrupt

Unread 11-07-2020, 03:21 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Decision from CAS will be announced on Monday @ 9:30am.

Plenty of time over the weekend for some brown envelopes to exchange hands, then.
Closed Thread