United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:11 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Another solid performance from the Pog. Some lovely sprayed passes, particularly the go-to, long-range switch he has to Luke Shaw, some nice dribbles, particularly when he moved further up the pitch after the Bruno/Fred substitution, and all topped off with a lovely goal.

Good post-match interview, as well. Wants to push Greenwood even more. The hunger and ambition of a World Cup winner right there.

Sexton Reds fuming, NQAT.
Sexton Reds ? Is that a thing ?

Truly the darkest of days . Apart from a trip to Wembley and Joe Jordan @#%&!ting a few defenders I can't remember any thing about those years on the playing side of things

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Another solid performance from the Pog. Some lovely sprayed passes, particularly the go-to, long-range switch he has to Luke Shaw, some nice dribbles, particularly when he moved further up the pitch after the Bruno/Fred substitution, and all topped off with a lovely goal.

Good post-match interview, as well. Wants to push Greenwood even more. The hunger and ambition of a World Cup winner right there.

Sexton Reds fuming, NQAT.
Not quite fully match sharp or flying yet either, seemed to pull up with cramp after that run into the area in the last moments. Deffo more to come...

He’s doing the simple stuff well, which is great to see. Got caught a couple of times in bad areas first half, down to sharpness that imo.

Was a bit non-committal on his future in the interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Keane seems to be getting a big of flack for his post match comments. He was 100% correct.
The bit about happy not being the leader? Reckon Keane was right. We were all expecting/hoping he’d wander in, put the lot on his shoulders and drive it all forward, not been the case sadly. Having a few others to spread the burden should help him immensely.

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was a bit non-committal on his future in the interview.
Standard answer for a player who is keen on a new contract, and about to enter talks with the club IMO.

If he blurts out in a meaningless TV interview how desperate he is to stay, he gives his entire hand away.

I expect United to announce a new 5 year deal for him before the start of next season.

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Standard answer for a player who is keen on a new contract, and about to enter talks with the club IMO.

If he blurts out in a meaningless TV interview how desperate he is to stay, he gives his entire hand away.
Did think that too. A simple ‘I’m very happy here’ solves it all though. Definitely get the impression he likes an air of uncertainty to some degree.

I expect a new deal, but half because he and the club have no other options.. unless he goes balls out to leave on a free..

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did think that too. A simple ‘I’m very happy here’ solves it all though. Definitely get the impression he likes an air of uncertainty to some degree.

I expect a new deal, but half because he and the club have no other options.. unless he goes balls out to leave on a free..
Oh he definitely likes the coy, vague flirting. He doesn't help himself in that department, but there was nothing in that interview that wasn't standard closed-mouth contract responses.

He's playing well, with more to come and we look great. I'd rather enjoy that while it lasts than worry about where he's going.

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:45 PM
ZiggyStardust

Don't think it's a leadership thing with Pogba

He came into a Jose team that typical of recent Jose teams had no identify and was just a bunch of individuals playing together
I think he felt he had to do everything himself so he held onto the ball too long and kept forcing things

Put him in a side with an identity and with other excellent players around him who he trusts and he plays much simpler and looks far better

Unread 10-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't think it's a leadership thing with Pogba

He came into a Jose team that typical of recent Jose teams had no identify and was just a bunch of individuals playing together
I think he felt he had to do everything himself so he held onto the ball too long and kept forcing things

Put him in a side with an identity and with other excellent players around him who he trusts and he plays much simpler and looks far better
He's talked himself too about enjoying watching what's in front of him. It's simple, but if the lads are enjoying themselves, like each other and trust each other, it makes everything easier.

They're simple beasts. Keep them happy and they do good things. If they lose confidence or start to doubt thing, it can totally screw up all aspects of their game.

Unread 10-07-2020, 06:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Sexton Reds ? Is that a thing ?

Truly the darkest of days . Apart from a trip to Wembley and Joe Jordan @#%&!ting a few defenders I can't remember any thing about those years on the playing side of things
I remember getting beat six-zip at Ipswich - after them missing two pelanties

Still, we got revenge even if we had to wait 15 years for it

Unread 14-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Apart from a couple of Hollywood balls, was utter shite and rightly hooked. When the going gets tough, you can guarantee without any doubt that pogba will be either nowhere to be seen or as is the case last night, the main reason we didn’t win.

A character who’s performances don’t come anywhere near to justifying the micro management he demands of his ego.

Unread 14-07-2020, 08:24 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Apart from a couple of Hollywood balls, was utter shite and rightly hooked. When the going gets tough, you can guarantee without any doubt that pogba will be either nowhere to be seen or as is the case last night, the main reason we didn’t win.

A character who’s performances don’t come anywhere near to justifying the micro management he demands of his ego.
But on his day, one of the best midfielders on the planet imho. It's a tough one. Do we only buy players who have a yes sir/positive attitude?

Unread 14-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
But on his day, one of the best midfielders on the planet imho. It's a tough one. Do we only buy players who have a yes sir/positive attitude?
No arguing that he can be very good. Just that the criticism of him is that he’s more often than not average or shite.

Good or great players simply aren’t as inconsistent as he is. Will he be able to deliver at united next season - hopefully but so far, he’s literally miles off any of the top midfielders we’ve ever had at the club.

Just keen that this thread remains balanced- good performances and his more typical shite ones both acknowledged

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:06 AM
NedKelly

I saw the first goal happening as he pondered on the ball outside of the box. Keep him away from that third of the pitch ffs, he’s a total liability there.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I saw the first goal happening as he pondered on the ball outside of the box. Keep him away from that third of the pitch ffs, he’s a total liability there.
He needs to be further forward in general, he’s wasted sitting in a two and not good enough defensively. He doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body ffs.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:26 AM
Dasilvatwins

Some people really have an agenda with him ffs. We didnt draw bacause of him. The first goal was his fault.

He created rashfords out of nothing. You cant have it both ways. Clearly we have issues in defence. Pogba isnt free from criticism but he is the least of our worries.

No surprise once he was hooked off it looked more likely we were going to concede.

Blame lindelof for his shithousery on the corner yday. Or de gea for not commanding from 5 yards away from him

Despite all that we had 10 men on the corner with our first 2 left backs out.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Some people really have an agenda with him ffs. We didnt draw bacause of him. The first goal was his fault.

He created rashfords out of nothing. You cant have it both ways. Clearly we have issues in defence. Pogba isnt free from criticism but he is the least of our worries.

No surprise once he was hooked off it looked more likely we were going to concede.

Blame lindelof for his shithousery on the corner yday. Or de gea for not commanding from 5 yards away from him

I wonder why that is, pol?

Idiot.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I wonder why that it, pol?

Idiot.
Right lets put blame on a player for the whole match when it wasnt his fault. He wasnt on the pitch for the last 30 mins. When he left we were 2-1 up.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:44 AM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Quote:
Right lets put blame on a player for the whole match when it wasnt his fault. He wasnt on the pitch for the last 30 mins. When he left we were 2-1 up.
Sounds good to me.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Overall Pogba has shown a decent attitude since coming back, but he sucks in the defensive third. His most frustrating trait is his ability to dawdle on the ball and give it away there. Not giving De Gea a free pass either; the pass to Pogba was stupid but if you’re going to be playing that deep you have to be aware of the players around you. He gets caught out so many times like that; I don’t think he’s going to grow out of it so just keep him away from that part of the pitch.

Unread 14-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
But on his day, one of the best midfielders on the planet ?
He isn't though. Far far from it...

Needs to step up in these last few games, his legacy can't be being pickpocketed by some south coast clogger costing us a champions league spot...

Looked leggy and uninterested last night.

Unread 14-07-2020, 10:06 AM
dunk

5th start on the bounce after 7 months out, or whatever it is, after playing 90 at Villa, not surprising he looked a bit tired tbf.

The worrying thing is how utterly shit the midfield was when he went off, considering it wasn't particularly good with him in there.

We're desperate for more quality, genuine options to replace Bruno, Pogba and Matic.
Closed Thread