United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:15 PM
Sparky***

There's no way he'll go for that much. Anyone asking for 100m for any player in the current £#%&!ing climate is on drugs

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:32 PM
tatty

It'll be interesting to see what happens when we offer 80.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:14 PM
BarryX

Am I the only one who thinks he's worth the punt at that price. So long as a fair portion of it is performance related, and spread out say, over a five year period* and given his age and marketability, he's got to be. £80 million up front and get it done. We'll be kicking ourselves if he joins a rival and goes on to fulfill his potential.

*or the maximum we can get him on a contract.

Unread 06-07-2020, 05:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Am I the only one who thinks he's worth the punt at that price.
It depends. If we agree will you sue us?

Unread 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It depends. If we agree will you sue us?
Maybe in another lifetime. One media powerhouse every 50 years is enough...

Unread 06-07-2020, 07:54 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks he's worth the punt at that price. So long as a fair portion of it is performance related, and spread out say, over a five year period* and given his age and marketability, he's got to be. £80 million up front and get it done. We'll be kicking ourselves if he joins a rival and goes on to fulfill his potential.

Plus it'll be hilarious if an ex-city youth player becomes a united legend - esp. after he left due to peanut head not playing him.

Unread 06-07-2020, 08:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Plus it'll be hilarious if an ex-city youth player becomes a united legend - esp. after he left due to peanut head not playing him.
The absolute icing on the cake

Unread 06-07-2020, 08:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

You probably are... you’re also delusional if you think the glazers will spend that much any time soon given the current financial crisis.

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:54 PM
BarryX

Delusional is a bit harsh, imho, especially for paymasters who negotiated Sanchez's contract: £391,000 a week with an extra £75,000 for every game he plays and an annual £1.1m signing-on fee (I remind you).

Sancho has established himself in the national team alongside the second best team in Germany and is arguably the most exciting non-Mason Greenwood player of his generation.

Given his age, talent and nationality I think Dortmund would be me mad to let him go for anything other than a record fee for a British player (and we'd regret it for a long time if we don't stump it up and he goes to a Liverpool or Chelsea).

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:13 AM
dunk

Here we go

Richarlison it is then

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nothing revelatory imo; I always presumed it would hinge on CL qualification. If we were in city's position for example, I'm pretty sure it would signed and sealed very shortly.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Jack Duckworth

lads wanting grealish and £#%&!ing morelos, the netto el hadj diouf

we need to sign sancho. no excuses.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Is that from Bild? They're notorious for being @#%&!s towards players that want away from the Bundesliga.

This is going to roll on and on and on and on.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
lads wanting grealish and £#%&!ing morelos, the netto el hadj diouf

we need to sign sancho. no excuses.
Yup. Can't understimate the boost to the rest of the players as well; Rashford Greenwood and Sancho in the same team ffs, the 3 best young english attackers that's what United is about. Just pay whatever and get the little bastard in the 7 shirt.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:27 AM
dunk

The Champions League is the most overrated thing in football imo. 6 dead rubbers against shite pre-Christmas and a knock-out invariably decided by shite refereeing/VAR in Feb/March. 2 teams with an actual chance of winning each season Putting your entire future on whether or not you get to play those 6 dead rubbers with Dortmund before being swatted aside by the first half decent side you face or joining a club working to build a side to try and actually win the damn thing seems daft. The league you're playing in and the club you're playing for and their goals and potential should be the priority, surely? 13 games in the CL. You're basing the whole of next season on 13 games, of which you'll probably play 8?

I realise I'm being massively harsh on the competition, but it is a bit of a bag of shit in the main now that money has completely taken over.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Jethro

10th August deadline according to todays talk

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:56 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
10th August deadline according to todays talk
We couldnt negotiate who's ordering what from the chinese in a month, nevermind a £100mil+ deal.

Unread 07-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:
The Champions League is the most overrated thing in football imo. 6 dead rubbers against shite pre-Christmas and a knock-out invariably decided by shite refereeing/VAR in Feb/March. 2 teams with an actual chance of winning each season Putting your entire future on whether or not you get to play those 6 dead rubbers with Dortmund before being swatted aside by the first half decent side you face or joining a club working to build a side to try and actually win the damn thing seems daft. The league you're playing in and the club you're playing for and their goals and potential should be the priority, surely? 13 games in the CL. You're basing the whole of next season on 13 games, of which you'll probably play 8?

I realise I'm being massively harsh on the competition, but it is a bit of a bag of shit in the main now that money has completely taken over.
I couldn’t agree more. Same games over and over. They need to do something to the format. I’d reduce it to the top 2 qualify for starters, none of this top 4 shit but it will never happen.

Unread 07-07-2020, 12:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I couldn’t agree more. Same games over and over. They need to do something to the format. I’d reduce it to the top 2 qualify for starters, none of this top 4 shit but it will never happen.
Problem with that being that the quality of the games would drop significantly, as weaker teams from the top 2 in weaker leagues are drafted in to make up the numbers. Would become like the League Cup until March.
Closed Thread