United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Rhodzy

Fergie said he's ready for first team football. Also great to see Campbell score, deserved it as he's had a good tour.

Did you know Giggs was the first non english player to score on our pre-season.

Unread 27-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think he's done well in the games he has played. His distribution needs working on, but defensively and getting up and down the pitch, he looks good. With hard work he could get there.

Technically he is not good enough.

Unread 27-07-2008, 03:20 PM
utd for ever

Not good enough for utd simple as that..

Unread 27-07-2008, 03:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Technically he is not good enough.
Neither was Gary Neville, according to Eric Harrison.

Hard work can make up for and improve a lot of things.

I'm not saying he will be good enough, but there is chance he could.

Unread 27-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Neither was Gary Neville, according to Eric Harrison.

Hard work can make up for and improve a lot of things.

I'm not saying he will be good enough, but there is chance he could.

Er, not at 21 dunk.

Sorry.

Unread 27-07-2008, 05:42 PM
BarryX

5 - 0 Bellion.

Unread 27-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Grimson

Players can improve at or after 21.

Eric was playing on loan for Martigues in the French 2nd division at 21.

Pavel Nedved was struggling to get a game at Sparta at 21.

Ian Wright was a Non League footballer at 21.

Unread 27-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Frankthemanc

looked like Nani was in goal for the Chiefs - should stick to playing wide based on that performance!

Unread 27-07-2008, 06:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Er, not at 21 dunk.

Sorry.
Some develop later than others, as Grimson pointed out, there are lots of examples. Not every player is a 1st team regular at 20.

If he was thrown in and was playing week in, week out, he would probably improve out of sight, sadly that can't happen in this day and age.

G. Nev wasn't the best technically when he got in the team, but he got his chance and constantly improved thanks to hard work and experience. The smart money was always on P.Nev to be the better player, Gary proved them all wrong.

I'm not saying Simpson would improve enough, but he has all the ingredients to be a top full back in time.

I wonder what Paddy Evra was doing at 21.

Unread 27-07-2008, 06:49 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Some develop later than others, as Grimson pointed out, there are lots of examples. Not every player is a 1st team regular at 20.

If he was thrown in and was playing week in, week out, he would probably improve out of sight, sadly that can't happen in this day and age.

G. Nev wasn't the best technically when he got in the team, but he got his chance and constantly improved thanks to hard work and experience. The smart money was always on P.Nev to be the better player, Gary proved them all wrong.

I'm not saying Simpson would improve enough, but he has all the ingredients to be a top full back in time.

I wonder what Paddy Evra was doing at 21.
Evra was playing at centre forward for Nice in the French 2nd division when he was 21.

Of course you are absolutely right about players not getting a extended run in the first team, without that they won't improve.

Even the current loan system, when they go for 6 months isn't really working. Maybe a player like Simpson should have been loaned out to the same club for 2 or 3 years at age 19 with reviews each season.
It would give them a lot more stability and a chance to really develope without too much pressure that short term loans create.

Unread 27-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

He has technical flaws in his game that can't be eradicated.

Unread 27-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Vic Mackey

Simpson certainly isnt good enough for us. I think some people are just desperate to see a local lad make it.

Unread 27-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Simpson certainly isnt good enough for us. I think some people are just desperate to see a local lad make it.
I think he could make it but don't think he will get the chance.

Unread 28-07-2008, 08:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Possebon looks like a very good prospect. I think Cleverly looks good, too.

I reckon Eagles would be a good signing for any Prem team apart from the top 4.

Unread 28-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I reckon Eagles would be a good signing for any Prem team apart from the top 4.

Unread 28-07-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

I thought Simpson played very well on satdee personally, doesn't mean he will or won't make it at United but he was certainly one of our better players.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
Seriously I think he'd be a good squad player for most Prem teams. Versatile and a decent player.

He should be offloaded from United this summer, though.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Seriously I think he'd be a good squad player for most Prem teams. Versatile and a decent player.

sorry, just cant see it at all. burnley/sheff utd, a mid rate championship team with play off hopes is where he will end up.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I thought Simpson played very well on satdee personally, doesn't mean he will or won't make it at United but he was certainly one of our better players.
Nah his distribution is poor. His crossing is inaccurate and his first touch is dodgy. He dives in a lot too. He is a faster version of Bardsley imo.

Nice lad though.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

sorry, just cant see it at all. burnley/sheff utd, a mid rate championship team with play off hopes is where he will end up.
Great finish last night.
Closed Thread