United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Pop

Default Pancake

Leaving the comfort zone of Scottish football and is close to being appointed the new Villa boss apparently. Could be done by the weekend.

I can't quite decide if I'd like to see him crash and burn and relegate Villa or do a decent job, gain some PL experience, replace Kloop and then fail miserably at Liverpool, setting them back 20 years.

Such a choice, the slippy crinkle headed scouse bastard.

Unread 10-11-2021, 09:53 PM
Drexl

Phil Collins in the dressing room

Unread 10-11-2021, 10:39 PM
moransbleedinghead

Gotta be the latter, who cares about Villa. Long term opportunity to £#%&! the scouse up would be too good to pass by

Unread 10-11-2021, 10:44 PM
Boring Dave

He’s taking a big risk as he’ll be in the running to replace Klopp when the time comes. Villa is the sort of job that sends you to the managerial graveyard with all the other English lads.

Unread 10-11-2021, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Big step, guess we'll find out if he's the real deal

Unread 10-11-2021, 11:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Villa sacking their manager and getting the guy they want from another club...

Unread 11-11-2021, 12:25 AM
Baron

They’ll presumably have held £50m to allow for spending in Jan? Bit mental they didn’t give it to the guy who did a stellar job for five years?

Villa are a big club, not a good one, but they’re not doing anything other than seeking to improve. Not 100% sure Gerrard is the right answer, honestly am
not up to date with Jonathan Wilsons blog on who’s a top coach but he’s clearly galvanised Rangers so the fundamentals seem solid. I think Pop summed it up. Do well enough and then Hindenburg the Scousers post Klopp.

Unread 11-11-2021, 05:50 AM
Stickman

I think he'll do well there tbh, seems to have a little bit about him in management.

Unread 11-11-2021, 06:29 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think he'll do well there tbh, seems to have a little bit about him in management.
Based on him managing a nothing team in a nothing lea…. Oh.

Unread 11-11-2021, 06:45 AM
windy waffles

Thought he was a bouncer?

Quite the step up.

Maybe Ole can door doorwork when he returns to Norway.

Unread 11-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
They’ll presumably have held £50m to allow for spending in Jan? Bit mental they didn’t give it to the guy who did a stellar job for five years?

Villa are a big club, not a good one, but they’re not doing anything other than seeking to improve. Not 100% sure Gerrard is the right answer, honestly am
not up to date with Jonathan Wilsons blog on who’s a top coach but he’s clearly galvanised Rangers so the fundamentals seem solid. I think Pop summed it up. Do well enough and then Hindenburg the Scousers post Klopp.
He's had plenty, I keep reading this in different places about how he got them promoted and got them to a final but their net spend (before they sold Grealish) was £300m in the last 3 seasons. Hardly working on a shoestring was he?

Unread 11-11-2021, 09:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Based on him managing a nothing team in a nothing lea…. Oh.

Unread 11-11-2021, 09:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
He's had plenty, I keep reading this in different places about how he got them promoted and got them to a final but their net spend (before they sold Grealish) was £300m in the last 3 seasons. Hardly working on a shoestring was he?
Weren’t they up with the highest spenders first season back? Only stayed up due to the VAR failure in their first season? Probably lucky he didn’t get sacked then tbh.

Spent a few quid in the summer too.. Bailey was £35m, Ings £25m, Buendia £30m, Young on a free and I feel like there were others too..

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:12 AM
no fun

Done deal

https://www.theguardian.com/football...leaves-rangers

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:18 AM
Fat Al

Scouse @#%&!.
I want him to fail at everything.
Scouse @#%&!.

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:26 AM
Pop

Cue scousers claiming to have a soft spot for Villa, their second team.

Hope the dressing room wall collapses on him.

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:28 AM
waynes ear's

Rangers fans having a meltdown on twitter is a sight to behold

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Yep, seen a few the last couple of days

Unread 11-11-2021, 10:54 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
It’s like Rodgers at Celtic all over again. “You said you were one of us!”

Unread 11-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Absolutely disgusting. I hope they get relegated. Forever. Then explode. Then do a massive shit in front of everyone.
Closed Thread