United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:48 AM
guerreiro

Default Scarlett Schneiderlin

What's the deal with this bloke? I watch the match but never notice him, I suppose he does look fairly nondescript (no Afro, not a midget, no wig) and he's not in an flashy role but surely I should have some recollection of something he does?

For those that take in more of the match, is he a secret destroyer of teams or simply hiding?

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:51 AM
doudou

More than happy to be proved wrong but I'm yet to see signs he's a Man Utd player. His passing range appears very limited.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Stickman

Another one of the famous players lower down the league that would "come in and immediately improve us". In a £#%&!ed way, maybe SAF was half right about the dearth of quality out there when ignoring our midfield.

Guy seems to have not much about him, worrying me so far anyway.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:10 AM
carlosartorial

Totally bog standard - he's the French Jordan Henderson.

His bird is fit though.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Crumps

Has been pretty much stop and start appearance wise. The fact he's not being played as the proper midfielder along with Carrick/Schweiny holding and Herrera mostly attacking has done no favours either. Another one who had a bright start pressuring the opposition in possession in their own half. The Arsenal game seems to have been this season's Leicester in terms of a change of the style of play afterwards despite the decent reaction v Everton.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:30 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The fact he's not being played as the proper midfielder along with Carrick/Schweiny holding and Herrera mostly attacking has done no favours either.
I don't understand this mentality. He's in there to do a job but he's excused doing it well because other midfielders have different roles in the team?

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I don't understand this mentality. He's in there to do a job but he's excused doing it well because other midfielders have different roles in the team?
He's being played as one of two holding midfielders when he is played though. He's great at pressuring opponents high up and playing box to box and keeping it simple and ticking over in possession rather than just shielding the back 4 and passing to his fellow holding midfielder or trying to get it up towards Herrera who has at least one man in him.

Unread 13-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Red Al

He looks OK like most of our players(and manager)

That why we are an OK team(Everton ,Liverpool level)and are where we should be in the pl table.

Unread 13-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He looks OK like most of our players(and manager)

That why we are an OK team(Everton ,Liverpool level)and are where we should be in the pl table.
Top of the league before everyone got injured tbf.

YSB

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Clarkie

Looks like someone who would have played for Arsenal between 2005 and 2014

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:05 AM
dunk

Been on the losing side for us just once. Had some good games, some he's just faded away. Hopefully just a symptom of the crisis of confidence afflicting the whole club. We desperately need some youthful zest in that £#%&!ing midfield, Fellaini, Carrick and Schweinsteiger are all much of a muchness in terms of ability to get about the pitch and physically compete.

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Turin

What he said ^

http://stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season2016.html

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:14 AM
doudou

youthful zest, I like it...

"la fougue et le brio de la jeune génération"

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Billy Redface

Another one, like Darmian and Depay, still finding his feet.

It's so hard to properly judge anyone in this side when it's such a mess. Particularly players who are in and out the side, without regular playing partners and are fairly new.

I think the likes of Rooney and Mata understandably get more stick because they're the senior players. They've been here and while and the side is built around and goes through them.

Other than those two and Smalling, more or less every other member of our squad is being played either out of position, getting benched every other game and moved around the side. It's hardly any wonder we're a £#%&!ing mess.

Unread 13-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Mr_Ed

What dunk said.... We rarely lose with him in the side and he goes about his business quietly. It's that £#%&!ing stupid Afro haired £#%&!tard who occasionally lines up with him that doesn't help.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:10 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What dunk said.... We rarely lose with him in the side and he goes about his business quietly. It's that £#%&!ing stupid Afro haired £#%&!tard who occasionally lines up with him that doesn't help.
he plays in midfield for Man United though. I don't want him "going quietly about his business"
I want him bossing games, %@#$&!ing Refs & generally being a £#%&!ing inspiration. A few long range shots & through-balls/forward passes from our midfielders wouldn't go a miss either.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
he plays in midfield for Man United though. I don't want him "going quietly about his business"
I want him bossing games, %@#$&!ing Refs & generally being a £#%&!ing inspiration. A few long range shots & through-balls/forward passes from our midfielders wouldn't go a miss either.
He's not that kind of player. Carrick quietly goes about his business too and he's been one of our best players of the last ten years for us.

Can't really blame the guy for not being a certain type. We need his type. We just need the other type aswell.

Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Bit cringey that MJ lad.

Carrick quietly went abut his business and had a great career at United.

ryanMUFC

Like most of our squad, he lacks aggression. (French Carrick)

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:17 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's not that kind of player. Carrick quietly goes about his business too and he's been one of our best players of the last ten years for us.

Can't really blame the guy for not being a certain type. We need his type. We just need the other type aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Bit cringey that MJ lad.

Carrick quietly went abut his business and had a great career at United.
I'm not saying it in an 'Up & At 'Em' way.
I don't want Dennis Wise in there.

I just want to see some personality.

I'm a huge Carrick fan. I haven't seen anything from Schneiderlin yet that makes me think he's got his range of passing.
Closed Thread