United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think that, if we’re being honest we need to replace 2 or 3 if the back four, get a decent midfielder or two in who can actually play midfield.

Up too we’re probably too heavy now so I’d let Lingard go and see Martial. Cavani will be off too so that slims things down.

However getting the quality we need will take a season or three.
Let’s see what a proper manager and coach can do with them.

A new right back sure but the rest have shown they have something about them, just not in the last few months.

Martial, Pogba and Lingard should have been sold last year and the funds used to sign a midfielder or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Barely been played recently, during a time when most of our players have looked shit and as a team we’ve been massively unsettled. We won 2-0 but let’s spend all of our time abusing this young man who has been mismanaged horrendously for the past few years.

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:07 AM
dinger

Watching Wan Bissaka constantly getting the ball stuck under his feet under the tiniest bit of pressure was embarrassing, how this guy is paid to play football for a living is mind boggling, he's the worst of the lot of them.

Its like when you watch an athlete from another sport playing in Soccer aid, you can tell he's physically fit and capable but there's something about their gait or how they control a pass or even pass the ball that you can tell they're not pros and never could've been, that's what this dozy @#%&! looks like.

And how come no one that's ever coached him since he's came to United drilled it into him to keep an eye on what's over his shoulder?? the amount of times he's caught like that makes me think he's f***ing slow mentally

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Watching Wan Bissaka constantly getting the ball stuck under his feet under the tiniest bit of pressure was embarrassing, how this guy is paid to play football for a living is mind boggling, he's the worst of the lot of them.

Its like when you watch an athlete from another sport playing in Soccer aid, you can tell he's physically fit and capable but there's something about their gait or how they control a pass or even pass the ball that you can tell they're not pros and never could've been, that's what this dozy @#%&! looks like.

And how come no one that's ever coached him since he's came to United drilled it into him to keep an eye on what's over his shoulder?? the amount of times he's caught like that makes me think he's £#%&!ing slow mentally
He'd be lucky to crack the top 10 right backs in the league. And that's probably being generous. Maybe top 15.

You watch players like James and Alexander-Arnold, two youth products and the guy we paid £50m for is light years behind them

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger

And how come no one that's ever coached him since he's came to United drilled it into him to keep an eye on what's over his shoulder?? the amount of times he's caught like that makes me think he's £#%&!ing slow mentally
Plus I swear he's been taking crossing lessons from Bebe.

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:27 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He'd be lucky to crack the top 10 right backs in the league. And that's probably being generous. Maybe top 15.

You watch players like James and Alexander-Arnold, two youth products and the guy we paid £50m for is light years behind them
Ethan laird is supposedly doing well at Swansea

Surely he’d offer more to the team.

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:29 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ethan laird is supposedly doing well at Swansea

Surely he’d offer more to the team.
Will help bridge the gap, nqat...

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Will help bridge the gap, nqat...
Looks a good prospect tbf

Unread 24-11-2021, 10:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Plus I swear he's been taking crossing lessons from Bebe.
How he was ever classed as a winger is beyond me. He can’t control a ball for love nor money and I honestly can’t remember him ever putting a cross in

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:06 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

130m for Maguire and AWB combined

jesus wept

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:09 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

jesus wept
Still can’t believe Maguire is captain.

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:

jesus wept
ffs

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

jesus wept
Or, to put it another way.

£230m for Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Fred and Martial.

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Abramovich bought Chelsea FC for £90m less.

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:26 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

One of those players has scored 79 goals for us. Hard to include him in this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Abramovich bought Chelsea FC for £90m less.
£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Plus, the jewel in the crown/elephant in the room @ 85m…

Could be a looong list

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:54 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

god damn. how are these approved

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:04 PM
dunk

Absolutely everybody thought AWB was a good signing at the time.

Not many thought Maguire was tbf. Same with Fred.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:06 PM
shenwen

AWB has managed to get worse. And he wasn't starting from a high bar. Awful last night. The rest of the defence will be fine. We desperately need a right back that can get foward and deliver a ball. AWB has nothing.

Imagine Sancho and a real overlapping full back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I definitely did. I though he was raw but had huge potential. Turns out raw was all he had.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Not quite everyone

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:28 PM
dinger

Quote:

I thought AWB & Maguire were wrong at the time, didn't think they were good enough. Now they're worse players.
Had no clue about Fred but made my mind up when I found out he was a midget