United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2020, 09:16 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I trust his judgement on this one. A big feature of his management and rhetoric has been the 'culture of the club' so I don't think he'll feature unless Ole feels it's right.

We're in a position of strength. He needs us more than we need him atm.
I trust his judgement but he works for others who appear to lack the same attributes. Pogba remains our most expensive asset and that will dictate what happens. He will most definitely play for us again and it will be a sad day when he does.

Unread 11-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I trust his judgement but he works for others who appear to lack the same attributes. Pogba remains our most expensive asset and that will dictate what happens. He will most definitely play for us again and it will be a sad day when he does.
It seems highly likely that he will play again, seeing as he seems to be close to full fitness.

March to May is a long time to play the 'another set back in training' card.

A lot may depend on how he's integrated too. If he's on the bench, eased back in, taken off if he's shite - basically treated like any other member of the squad, then fine. But if he's just automatically picked because he's Paul Pogba ahead of, say. Fred - who has been working his little arse off for months then we have a problem.

Btw, wasnt the giant, gangly disappointment streak meant to be back training this week?

Unread 11-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
There's a lot of different dynamics throughout the club that will affect any decision to play or not to play Pogba.

The rest of the playing squad must hate his guts, and I can't imagine Fred, The Scottish Player or Matic being happy to give up their place for someone like Paul Pogba. Those three players seem to have put their heart and soul into getting their fitness and performances up to a standard where they deserve to play for Man United.

I don't think Ole would allow Pogba to upset the balance of the squad like that, but then like you mentioned, would the board try and overrule Ole and try and dictate the team? They'd be mad to do it... So probably yeah.

But then maybe the board are done with Pogba and his team as well, up to the point where they couldn't give a shit what Pogba wants and the possibility of a couple of extra million they might bring in from a transfer if it was to upset the manager and the rest of the squad. Especially if bringing him back into the team could jeopardise Champions League qualification, whether it be top 4 or Europa League. The club would probably lose more money failing to qualify for Champions League football next season than they would from Pogba's transfer if we continued to keep him as far away from the team as possible.

Whatever happens, I hope that he never plays for us again. £#%&! him.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
There's a lot of different dynamics throughout the club that will affect any decision to play or not to play Pogba.

The rest of the playing squad must hate his guts, and I can't imagine Fred, The Scottish Player or Matic being happy to give up their place for someone like Paul Pogba. Those three players seem to have put their heart and soul into getting their fitness and performances up to a standard where they deserve to play for Man United.

I don't think Ole would allow Pogba to upset the balance of the squad like that, but then like you mentioned, would the board try and overrule Ole and try and dictate the team? They'd be mad to do it... So probably yeah.

But then maybe the board are done with Pogba and his team as well, up to the point where they couldn't give a shit what Pogba wants and the possibility of a couple of extra million they might bring in from a transfer if it was to upset the manager and the rest of the squad. Especially if bringing him back into the team could jeopardise Champions League qualification, whether it be top 4 or Europa League. The club would probably lose more money failing to qualify for Champions League football next season than they would from Pogba's transfer if we continued to keep him as far away from the team as possible.

Post.

Have some rep.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:30 PM
utd99

I don’t even know where he would play with a fully fit squad. Whose place is he going to take? He can’t do the job Fred, McT or Matic do in this team, and the base of the midfield has been working well, so do we really want to reduce it to a one? That leaves Fernandes, who’s a better player and a better person for the team.

We could play a narrow three behind Martial/Ighalo I suppose, but then we lose a ton of width and put way too much pressure on the full backs in a four to create, and way too much pressure on a lone CF to be the only one making runs. Is Pogba really good enough to change the whole team shape away from something we’ve had some success with?

Football’s about so much more than what you can do on the ball, which is why someone like Henderson is being talked up as PotY. There is no question whatsoever that Pogba’s only real value to us now is in his market value. We should be parlaying whatever we can get for him into two players that will fit rather than be accomodated.

He had his chance.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

We know that Ed is capable of such tomfoolery, it's just does Ed still have the ear of the owners and can he force the issue ?

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Examples need to be set by Ole. Hope he has the balls to
Doubt Ole will have final say on this one.

Quote:
This.

I do wonder whether Fred was taking a pop at Pogba when he made his comments recently about players lacking commitment. You'd have to imagine Pogba thought it was aimed at him.

Gonna cause murders again this gangly #@&%!.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:05 PM
Pop

His talentless freeloading bum brothers were on tv last night pleading and begging for Real Madrid to buy him this summer. I hate Pogba and naturally I hope he dies but £#%&! me he's hasn't half surrounded himself with a shower of utter @#%&!s. No wonder he's such a @#%&!.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:11 PM
utd99

These are the big decisions that will define Solskjaer as a manager. He’s worked hard to get some spirit and substance to the team; I hope he’s wise enough to make the right call.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
His talentless freeloading bum brothers were on tv last night pleading and begging for Real Madrid to buy him this summer. I hate Pogba and naturally I hope he dies but £#%&! me he's hasn't half surrounded himself with a shower of utter @#%&!s. No wonder he's such a @#%&!.
They don't go on telly without his (agent's) say so.

But this is certainly why he must go and never play for us again in the meantime. Maybe if we somehow secured a top 4 early - which is mega unlikely - just to get him in the shop window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
These are the big decisions that will define Solskjaer as a manager. He’s worked hard to get some spirit and substance to the team; I hope he’s wise enough to make the right call.
Mate he'd have to talk to Ed, who would have to talk with the owners. This will all come down to sponsors and increasing his transfer value.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mate he'd have to talk to Ed, who would have to talk with the owners. This will all come down to sponsors and increasing his transfer value.
I would have thought so, now I’m not so sure. Woody will have felt the tide turning a few months ago, and he’s probably the most relieved bloke at the club with this upturn in form. Sponsorship and transfer value pale in comparison to CL qualification. You think he’s going to interfere now we have a proper chance?

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I would have thought so, now I’m not so sure. Woody will have felt the tide turning a few months ago, and he’s probably the most relieved bloke at the club with this upturn in form. Sponsorship and transfer value pale in comparison to CL qualification. You think he’s going to interfere now we have a proper chance?

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Did anybody?

Unread 11-03-2020, 02:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
I suppose the sponsorship money increases with CL qualification anyways, but then again, why would they want to spend more?

A conundrum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 11-03-2020, 05:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Keep hearing he’s out best or most talented player. The only thing consistent about his time here has been his haircuts.

If I was his teammate, I wouldn’t want him back. He can dance at weddings and play basketball but not get out of bed in the morning to train with the team.. whilst being a top earner. The cheek.

Unread 11-03-2020, 05:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Keep hearing he’s out best or most talented player. The only thing consistent about his time here has been his haircuts.

If I was his teammate, I wouldn’t want him back. He can dance at weddings and play basketball but not get out of bed in the morning to train with the team.. whilst being a top earner. The cheek.
And we’re supposed to just believe that a ten second instagram post of him on a treadmill in Dubai is proof of his application.

The whole thing is shocking and I’m surprised Solskjaer has allowed it tbh.

Unread 11-03-2020, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
As in "consistently bad"?

Unread 11-03-2020, 07:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
And we’re supposed to just believe that a ten second instagram post of him on a treadmill in Dubai is proof of his application.

The whole thing is shocking and I’m surprised Solskjaer has allowed it tbh.
I don’t think talking about a player who’s faking an injury/AWOL will help us get rid of him. I don’t believe that the club will give Pogba a new contract because he’s snapped his fingers and wants to play for us all of a sudden, it’s likely to be a media briefing to try and put him in good light ready for a bid.
Closed Thread