Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2020, 06:33 PM
djsst

Unread 08-04-2020, 06:42 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
steve bruce v sheff wed 93....was still going bonkers after the game, fell off the wall at Trafford town hall on warwick rd and twisted my ankle

stapleton v everton fa cup quarter final 83...last minute, united rd paddock went crazy

final whistle v barca on both 84 and 08....sheer relief

raddy antic for luton v city 83....listening on the radio, pure joy

gerrard slip v Chelsea and crystanbul, both euphoric
That was off the scale..... loudest noise I’ve ever heard there.... stole it from the £#%&!ers

Unread 08-04-2020, 06:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Hughes last minute volley against Oldham in 94 semi was big.
Lots of Reds had switched the TV/radio off in disgust before that happened.

Mentioning no names, of course

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:03 PM
Neo

Football

Obvious ones already mentioned, so some more obscure ones from me:

- Berbatov away at Blackpool - 88th minute winner. Classic United night game comeback at the home of some rabid ABU shite.
- Rooney away at Everton in 2007 - we were 2-0 down, and ended up winning 2-3. Knew we were winning the title when he scored. "Mou-ri-nee-ooo are ya listenin'?" His celebration in front of the Scouse @#%&!s, too.
- Ronaldo away at Fulham in 2007 - one of the best United goals ever. What a season this was; a United side coming of age before the eyes.
- Forlan at Old Trafford vs Chelsea in 2003 - The pass from Veron.
- O-Shea's chip at Highbury in 2005 - probably my favourite ever Premier League game, and arguably the apex of the hatred between the two sides.
- Scholes vs Inter at the San Siro in 1999 - loved the away goals rule when he bagged. The sheer relief, too.
- Cantona away at Newcastle in 1996 - the importance of that goal was gargantuan.
- Tevez away at Tottenham in 2007/08 - Reds can say what they want about him, but I loved the £#%&!er when he was here.
- Giggs away at Norwich in 2010/11 - another last minute one to piss on the chips of some ABU game-raisers in their back yard. Typical United.
- Van Persie away at City in 2012/13 - was a pleasure seeing this lad that season. Shithouse Nasri in the wall.

Probably loads more that I can't think of, particularly in Europe during the late 90s/early 2000s. What a club.

Best most recent one was the Rashford penalty against PSG. Made me remember exactly why I love this club.

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:03 PM
Mr_Ed

Arsenal 4-2 away
As above, 2-1 Liverpool in the FA Cup
Juve 99 - even though we were 2-0 we played so well
Newcastle 4-0 after they signed Shearer
Villa away in the FA Cup after being 2-0 down (RVP brace)
Most of season 99/00 - we spanked pretty much everyone

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

- Berbatov away at Blackpool - 88th minute winner. Classic United night game comeback at the home of some rabid ABU shite.
- Rooney away at Everton in 2007 - we were 2-0 down, and ended up winning 2-3. Knew we were winning the title when he scored. "Mou-ri-nee-ooo are ya listenin'?" His celebration in front of the Scouse @#%&!s, too.
- Ronaldo away at Fulham in 2007 - one of the best United goals ever. What a season this was; a United side coming of age before the eyes.
- [SIZE="6"]Forlan at Old Trafford vs Chelsea in 2003 - The pass from Veron.
- O-Shea's chip at Highbury in 2005 - probably my favourite ever Premier League game, and arguably the apex of the hatred between the two sides.
- Scholes vs Inter at the San Siro in 1999 - loved the away goals rule when he bagged. The sheer relief, too.
- Cantona away at Newcastle in 1996 - the importance of that goal was gargantuan.
- Tevez away at Tottenham in 2007/08 - Reds can say what they want about him, but I loved the £#%&!er when he was here.
- Giggs away at Norwich in 2010/11 - another last minute one to piss on the chips of some ABU game-raisers in their back yard. Typical United.
- Van Persie away at City in 2012/13 - was a pleasure seeing this lad that season. Shithouse Nasri in the wall.

Probably loads more that I can't think of, particularly in Europe during the late 90s/early 2000s. What a club.

Best most recent one was the Rashford penalty against PSG. Made me remember exactly why I love this club.
arms legs and bruises for that one

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
4-2 pal - how soon we forget the Chris Eagles contribution

From the same season - that Tevez 97th minute (or whatever it was) equaliser at Blackburn

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
4-2 pal - how soon we forget the Chris Eagles contribution
Of course.

Those Bambi on ice legs when he went through on goal.

Unread 08-04-2020, 09:57 PM
The taste of...

One hard to forget......

Unread 08-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
There's just to many to mention isn't there? from 93- until Fergie retired it seemed like there was one a week.
Im gonna go old school. From the top of my head.....
Whiteside 85 cup final.
Strachan's cigar at the kop.
3-1 vs Liverpool new years day 89
Sharpie's 1st minute goal vs Legia Warsaw
Sparky's 2nd in Rotterdam.
Giggs vs Middlesbrough in the LC semi.
Kanchelskis vs Southampton in 92 (were gonna win the league! )
What a £#%&!ing club we support.
Glad I aint the only one remembering that.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:15 PM
Cream

In the ground, definitely any of these. NY's day. Bit crushy in utd road.

You can see the bouncing around 6:08, miss those days.

In the pub would be Giggs' wonder goal against Arsenal. Pretty similar to be honest...

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:18 PM
rubbernecker

Not a meaningful trophy win but my most bizzare goon came after Robbie Fowler scored against us

Been out all night and was on a rollover to watch the derby . Absolutely potless apart from £5.56

Still under the influence had a vision and decided to put everything on 4-2 united with scholes first goalscorer

Ended up in Clynes where there were a few City fans to watch the match . Scholes opened but I can't remember who but we had someone sent off and my bet looked doomed.Fotunately the lads turned things round and Ruud made it 4-1 but I still needed a City goal .

Next few minutes were strange as we cheered City on for another goal and the City fans cheered Utd's defence

In the dying minutes Robbie Fowler had a free kick . City fans were chanting miss miss . He didn't and earned me a grand just as my pill was kicking in

4-2 Utd and mega goon

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id0Xr3GcixI

Not a meaningful trophy win but my most bizzare goon came after Robbie Fowler scored against us

Been out all night and was on a rollover to watch the derby . Absolutely potless apart from £5.56

Still under the influence had a vision and decided to put everything on 4-2 united with scholes first goalscorer

Ended up in Clynes where there were a few City fans to watch the match . Scholes opened but I can't remember who but we had someone sent off and my bet looked doomed.Fotunately the lads turned things round and Ruud made it 4-1 but I still needed a City goal .

Next few minutes were strange as we cheered City on for another goal and the City fans cheered Utd's defence

In the dying minutes Robbie Fowler had a free kick . City fans were chanting miss miss . He didn't and earned me a grand just as my pill was kicking in

4-2 Utd and mega goon
Brilliant

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:47 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id0Xr3GcixI

4-2 Utd and mega goon

Gaz Nev got sent off for 'butting' Mcmanamanaman (more like a kiss the £#%&!ing pansy)

Unread 08-04-2020, 11:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
In the ground, definitely any of these. NY's day. Bit crushy in utd road.

You can see the bouncing around 6:08, miss those days.

https://youtu.be/OyXS_p1jzpk

In the pub would be Giggs' wonder goal against Arsenal. Pretty similar to be honest...
The days of the Wonderfuel Gas sign on the Stretford End roof, the sun-faded seats of F stand and the old orange dot matrix scoreboard at the back of J Stand. Oh, and £4.50 to sit in E Stand at the back of the Stretford End.

Ralphie Milne; to think we paid £28m for his modern day equivalent in a stupid wig from Everton.

Unread 08-04-2020, 11:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

koppas

Unread 09-04-2020, 07:26 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

- Rooney away at Everton in 2007 - we were 2-0 down, and ended up winning 2-3. Knew we were winning the title when he scored. "Mou-ri-nee-ooo are ya listenin'?" His celebration in front of the Scouse c***s, too.
- Forlan at Old Trafford vs Chelsea in 2003 - The pass from Veron.
- Tevez away at Tottenham in 2007/08 - Reds can say what they want about him, but I loved the f***er when he was here.

We won 4-2 lad. Was a superb goon that. Rooney scored that sick goal when he feinted one way and turned the other with amazing close control and slotted it home across the keeper. Eagles bagged as well ffs

That Blackpool game was mint too. We looked down and out at 2 down but united were transformed in the last 20 minutes. Berba

Scholes's last minute header at the Council House in 2010 was a superb goon. I went £#%&!ing mad. So many other obvious ones that have already been mentioned. Some great ones at Villa Park; Ruud away at Villa in the cup when we won 3-2 was immense and sticks in the memoreh.

Unread 09-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Stickman

The last great SAF one was Van Persie at City.

The best post SAF one is obviously Rashford at PSG.

Rio Liverpool winner of course was crazy as it felt like the peak of the hatred, certainly modern day. His goal v them the following season was quite the scene too. (2-0)

O'Shea at Anfield was MONUMENTAL.

Macheda Villa, Old Trafford was incredible scenes for that.

Ronaldo in Moscow was a wild goon as well in the ground. Our end went mental. (and obviously the pen save)

John Collins pen v Brazil at the 98 World Cup

Heres one ive not seen mentioned I dont think, when Scholes broke the deadlock at White Hart Lane with 4 games to go in the 2003 run in. We'd missed so many chances and I was starting to shit it.

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Cole Vs spurs 99

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:26 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Cole Vs spurs 99
Classic Gypsummers, ignoring the OP as usual.
Closed Thread