United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:00 PM
utd99

Default Sunderland ‘Til I Die (season 2) on Netflix

Just finished bingeing on this: Well worth a watch, though for anyone who doesn’t know what happened in last season’s League One - and why would you?- I don’t want to spoil it. Main take-aways are:

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Is it possible to overdose on schadenfreude? I almost did
click to showhide

Spoiler:
click to showhide
They’ve done pretty well since mocking us on the last day of the 11-12 season eh? God may indeed be a red
click to showhide

Spoiler:
click to showhide
4 million for Will Grigg on deadline day Played like a £#%&!ing fiddle.
click to showhide

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Pink trousers is everything, absolutely everything, you hate in modern day corporate executives
click to showhide

Spoiler:
click to showhide
What is it about these mid-level clubs that go down to the third division that makes them so obsessed about letting everyone know how well supported they are in the lower leagues? What difference does it make when everyone at the top level knows their stadiums are usually half empty in the Premier League? I can think of another who were like that....
click to showhide

Get it watched. 7.5/10.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:09 PM
guerreiro

Not a patch on the first series; insights into the players and manager were really limited this time around. The cockneys obviously thought it would be good PR for them.

Still watchable mind.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Not a patch on the first series; insights into the players and manager were really limited this time around. The cockneys obviously thought it would be good PR for them.

Still watchable mind.
Spoiler:
click to showhide
Without that outcome the score would have been a couple of points lower. Their suffering made it must watch TV imo.
click to showhide

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:14 PM
armchair

That player who left for france is everything wrong about football. Actually feel sorry for him.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
That player who left for france is everything wrong about football. Actually feel sorry for him.
It was obvious from minute one what was going on there as well.
Spoiler:
click to showhide
If he’d stayed they would have gone up for sure, and probably won that tin-pot cup as well. They could have made him see out the season. The owner knew that and still flogged him for 1.25M euros. Then £#%&!ed almost 3 times that on a journeyman who scored no goals... Brilliant ineptitude.
click to showhide

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:19 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was obvious from minute one what was going on there as well.
Spoiler:
click to showhide
If he’d stayed they would have gone up for sure, and probably won that tin-pot cup as well. The owner knew that and still flogged him for 1.25M euros. Then £#%&!ed almost 3 times that on a journeyman who scored no goals... Brilliant ineptitude.
click to showhide
he did nothing in France either. they would've had statues of him up at Sunderland. terrible move.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
he did nothing in France either. they would've had statues of him up at Sunderland. terrible move.
Agents mate. It’s always smart to allow people whose interests are the opposite of yours to run your industry eh?

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Agents mate. It’s always smart to allow people whose interests are the opposite of yours to run your industry eh?
It actually saddens me. The kid would've been a hero.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:23 PM
utd99

Btw; wasn’t sure whether to stick this here on in footy.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

Still watchable mind.
watched the lot the other day and agree with this.

that director is an absolute #@&%!. david brent on coke.

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:47 PM
History

Classic brent having marketing meetings to come up with a new walk out tune

Unread 05-04-2020, 03:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Classic brent having marketing meetings to come up with a new walk out tune
he used to be a DJ, don't ya know!

Unread 05-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Vedder

Quote:
He’s got 8 goals in 17 this season, not bad for a 21 year old in top flight football.

Unread 05-04-2020, 04:24 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s got 8 goals in 17 this season, not bad for a 21 year old in top flight football.
£#%&! you, buddy!

Unread 05-04-2020, 06:30 PM
Vedder

Quote:
£#%&! you, buddy!

Unread 05-04-2020, 06:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Spoiler:
click to showhide
They’ve done pretty well since mocking us on the last day of the 11-12 season eh? God may indeed be a red
click to showhide
Indeed, genuinely heartwarming. They were pretty insufferable even before that, too.

Unread 05-04-2020, 11:53 PM
The taste of...

Got this pencilled in for Covid 20

Unread 06-04-2020, 02:56 AM
guerreiro

Missus watched it with me and she felt sorry for the fans and the club. When having to explain the reason why I was laughing (Poznan turds), she gave me a proper Keane stare.

Does sound petty when explaining to an outsider why I’m delighted all these people I don’t know are devastated.

Unread 06-04-2020, 04:42 AM
Stickman

Do they deliberately exclude clued up types from appearing in this or do Sunderland just not have them?

Maja should have stayed imo, would be playing in the Premier League now and fairly established. Going to Bordeaux big as they are in relation to Sunderland is a risky move re ending up in the abyss imo.

Unread 06-04-2020, 05:33 PM
armchair

Charlie at the cup final is one of the funniest things ever.
Closed Thread