United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
#

Not a meaningful trophy win but my most bizzare goon came after Robbie Fowler scored against us
excellent

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:39 AM
Norris Cole

Sheff Utd to go 3-2 up was a bit of a major one this year. Ruined in the end obvs

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Jack Duckworth

hughes v oldham 94

berba v blackpool. was in hospitality and nearly got @#%&!ted/arrested for my goon

rvn v villa in the fa cup. think i've still got bruises from the goon in the away end

ole last min winner v scousers in the fa cup at ot.

cole winner v juve in the champ lge sf. was utterly devastated when we went 2-0 down. the goon for the winner and that night/journey home was unforgettable.

united

Unread 09-04-2020, 09:14 AM
History

3 amazing goons against city 09/10

Owen
Rooney
Scholes

Struggling to decide which one was better. Maybe Scholes as I think I ended up about 5 rows away from where I started

Unread 09-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Parlabane

hughes v oldham 94

We were sat right in line with that shot, seemed to go in slow motion then ... BOOM pandemonium !- my mate stubbed his cig out on my forehead in the commotion

Unread 09-04-2020, 10:55 AM
est.1878

Had forgot all about cig burn goons.... Nightclub dance floors also... Great days

Unread 09-04-2020, 01:11 PM
andyroo

Carrick winner at Wigan an under-rated one. It was the archetypal game in hand and we'd gone behind, and the title race had the extra edge because of who the challengers were, also we'd had and the Spurs game, but this was all but the clincher

Paddy doing the it's over arm shuffle

Unread 09-04-2020, 06:53 PM
barca99

Loads already mentioned but special mention for the following which felt huge at the time

Scholes v City. Kept the league alive at the time.

Rooney V AC Milan in the semi. I was convinced we were on for a united liverpool final.

Valencia v blackburn. As others have said all for nothing

Carrick v wigan as above, forgot that one, great scenes!

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Also a last minute winner at Wigan in 2006, just after we had dicked them in the League Cup final.

Unread 09-04-2020, 08:22 PM
armchair

2008 because i thought all was lost.

i was gooning for weeks.

Also any game United come back from behind to win. Every single one.

Unread 09-04-2020, 11:40 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Also a last minute winner at Wigan in 2006, just after we had ****** them in the League Cup final.
That was a Monday night game wasn’t it? Think they scored an own goal for us to equalise or our winner was an own goal?

Unread 10-04-2020, 12:12 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
2008 because i thought all was lost.

i was gooning for weeks.

Also any game United come back from behind to win. Every single one.
Newcastle at home this season. 1-0 down 4-1 up, who could forget. Unreal scenes.

Unread 10-04-2020, 01:07 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Newcastle at home this season. 1-0 down 4-1 up, who could forget. Unreal scenes.
I did have a good old goon for Greenwood’s goal my daughters first united game and she lost it. Seeing my dad and daughter goon ace

Unread 10-04-2020, 06:50 AM
believe

Final whistle of Oldham v Villa. Our house was bouncing and I ran out in to the street expecting the whole world to be celebrating, honestly will never forget the feeling.

Unread 10-04-2020, 08:47 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I did have a good old goon for Greenwood’s goal my daughters first united game and she lost it. Seeing my dad and daughter goon ace

Unread 10-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Norris Cole

Don’t think it’s mentioned but a very understated one is Hernandez vs Chelsea in the 2011 title win. Strange as it feels like a forgotten game despite it being a title decider at home, and United played them off the park

Unread 10-04-2020, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Final whistle of Oldham v Villa. Our house was bouncing and I ran out in to the street expecting the whole world to be celebrating, honestly will never forget the feeling.
You were actually watching/listening to it? More than SAF or most of the team managed, of course.

Unread 10-04-2020, 06:14 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Cole
Don’t think it’s mentioned but a very understated one is Hernandez vs Chelsea in the 2011 title win. Strange as it feels like a forgotten game despite it being a title decider at home, and United played them off the park
Yep nearly had a heart attack from that one. Just caught my breath an Vidic scored, £#%&!ing brilliant.

Unread 10-04-2020, 06:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Loved Hernandez that season

Unread 11-04-2020, 05:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
And Howard Webb was ref which gave everyone a nice narrative going into the game, he should have sent of Ivanovic and didn’t award the most blatant penalty ever for handball against Lampard in the second half. If we hadn’t played exceptional that day he would have likely helped Chelsea get a result.

Course nobody spoke about it after the game as it’s never popular to admit when Utd get the shaft.
Closed Thread