United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:10 PM
barca99

Default English Football is Cancelled

Quote:
All elite football in England has been suspended until at least 3 April as a result of the spread of coronavirus.

All Premier League games, EFL fixtures and matches in the FA Women's Super League and Women's Championship have been postponed.

More to follow.
Great timing for United

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

i was supposed to be corporate whoring at blackpool v sunderland tomorrow.

it's very sad for people who get coronavirus, but maybe think of others, yeah?

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Every cloud.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:15 PM
barca99

Quote:

it's very sad for people who get coronavirus, but maybe think of others, yeah?
Not on is it, £#%&! old people its natural selection.

At least Liverpool wont win the league earlier than we did

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:15 PM
75Red

Can't see it resuming on 3 April if this goes the way it's expected to.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:20 PM
dunk

£#%&!s sake, was hoping we could smash Spurs and then pause it. Now they have 3 weeks to get their shit together

Who was Chelsea manager when they were in the doldrums and due to play us at Stamford Bridge and they called it off last minute due to a light dusting of snow..?

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:20 PM
shenwen

Two weeks is just the start imo. Same happened with schools here. First two weeks, then until after Easter. Now they’re talking about no school until after the summer.

I reckon no football until Kane and Son are ready to play against us

The good thing is, the longer the delay the more chance they void the season and go again in August.

Scousers must be going crazy right now

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Pop

Oh yeah.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

i blame mikel arteta for all this. the premier league and efl said last night that games would go ahead, then he gets it and now they're all called off.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:23 PM
NegativeNorris

There's no way football will be back by 3rd April either.

JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Great timing for United

dunk

Quote:
i blame mikel arteta for all this. the premier league and efl said last night that games would go ahead, then he gets it and now they're all called off.
And Callum Hudson Odoi.. Whole Chelsea squad in isolation apparently.

This was potentially an awesome weekend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Two weeks is just the start imo. Same happened with schools here. First two weeks, then until after Easter. Now they’re talking about no school until after the summer.

The good thing is, the longer the delay the more chance they void the season and go again in August.

And Leeds

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:25 PM
goldfinger II

Disappointing as £#%&!. Just when we are bang in form, ffs, but it's the right decision.

Don't give a £#%&! about the scousers. They're not doing the treble and not going unbeaten in the league. That'll do for me. I'm more worried that a break now could have a detrimental effect on our progress and season.

One positive for us would be, assuming it does resume in a few weeks, that Rashford will miss less games.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Love apocalypses, me

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:26 PM
barca99

Quote:

And Leeds Edit Dunk beat me too it

Agree with others though would have bee nice to play Spurs first, we are on a roll.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Remember the @#%&!s on here a few weeks ago saying he was doing a better job than Ole?

How’s that working out for you lads? This little #@&%! has just cancelled football, meanwhile our little Nordic genius is strolling around where he wants, when he wants - because he’s got an incredible immune system thanks to the Vikings.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:27 PM
atticusgrinch

It's for the best.

Public safety must be the number 1 priority. If it means Liverpool have to wait another 30 years to win the league, that is just a very sad byproduct of what is a unique and troubling set of circumstances.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Remember the @#%&!s on here a few weeks ago saying he was doing a better job than Ole?

How’s that working out for you lads? This little #@&%! has just cancelled football, meanwhile our little Nordic genius is strolling around where he wants, when he wants - because he’s got an incredible immune system thanks to the Vikings.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
There's no way football will be back by 3rd April either.
Yep.

I think it’s done for a while tbh.

Unread 13-03-2020, 12:40 PM
jem

this is total bs.
Closed Thread