United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:49 AM
bruntyboy

Anybody notice how Arsene tried to use his "lucky coat" routine for the second half?

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Anybody notice how Arsene tried to use his "lucky coat" routine for the second half?
And before the game chating shit on how they would beat us.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Part 36 Offer

I still don't think some people understand how good this team is and how it's only going to get better

Unread 06-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
stunning free-kick

Lehman described it perfectly

the modern ball spins half a turn then rocks in the air and spins half a turn or so the other way. the keeper can't commit until it's about 10yds away. if he commits earlier then see Sorensen at Old trafford. and even if he waits til the last second the ball can still rock in the air and deviate again. tonight's FK looks set to dip and then suddenly lifts back onto the previous trajectory at the final moment, hence it goes above Almunia's hands because he's already on his way down.

Townsend reckoned the problem is cured by not having a £#%&!ing wall the sap. The Porto keeper didn't have a wall. I enjoyed Lehman putting him right.

Grimson please confirm
Confirmed.

Every time someone @#%&!s in a free kick, there's someone suggesting the wall is the problem. Except that only 1 in 15 freekicks actually goes in, and half the ones that miss hit the wall. So yeah let's do away with the wall

Unread 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Albert Tatlock

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this is a titanic moment, but did anyone notice Fergies body language during the substitutions ?

He greeted Anderson and Rooney warmly, shook their hands and patted them on the back. He blanked Evra completely, stood at the other side of the technical area and didnt even look at him.

Didn't someone on here say that he was upset with thim ?

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this is a titanic moment, but did anyone notice Fergies body language during the substitutions ?

He greeted Anderson and Rooney warmly, shook their hands and patted them on the back. He blanked Evra completely, stood at the other side of the technical area and didnt even look at him.

Hope that's not true.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Relax ffs. I think it's going to be 3-1 United. I really do. Two early goals to kill them off.
Well said that man.

I still think barca will beat us though.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Well said that man.

I still think barca will beat us though.

something fishy with that quote Fuzzy....no little arrow linking to original post

but i wont say anything ....hopefully nobody noticed

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I'd post you a link to the post as proof but it seems to have been lost in cyber space.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ancient Rome ancient Rome we are coming,
Ancient Rome ancient Rome i say....
Ancient Rome ancient Rome we are coming,
We are coming at the end of may.......
Liking it

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
I'd post you a link to the post as proof but it seems to have been lost in cyber space.
no worries Fuzzy...i think youve got away with it

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza

He fell out with Ando last season too if I remember correctly. I'd like to see Fergies reaction myself so I can get a better judgement.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
MUFC One Love

All credit to Evra, he has come out of his slump in form well. All the talk was of what Walcott was going to do to Evra, Walcott was subbed off in both games wasn't he? Don't think he did Evra once.

Getting to back to back European Cup finals is special, it's weird, you just don't expect United to do stuff like this.

We'll finish the job in the league 'cos everyone will be on a high and there seems to be no tiredness. Fergie has rotated superbly recently tbf. We'll comfortably beat City they are shit.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
All credit to Evra, he has come out of his slump in form well. All the talk was of what Walcott was going to do to Evra, Walcott was subbed off in both games wasn't he? Don't think he did Evra once.

Getting to back to back European Cup finals is special, it's weird, you just don't expect United to do stuff like this.

We'll finish the job in the league 'cos everyone will be on a high and there seems to be no tiredness. Fergie has rotated superbly recently tbf. We'll comfortably beat City they are shit.
I'm absolutely praying so.

Imagine that band of shit @#%&!s doing us again at OT?

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Couple of great saves again from Almunia tonight. That one from Rooney in the 1st half was brilliant.
Agreed - a lesser keeper and we'd have put 7 or 8 past them over the 2 legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
"biscuitgate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
great display from jos again. having his best season since his first. nasri is getting absolutely nowhere against him.
Agreed - him and Fletcher made me so emotional last night. Wonderful performances.

What got me was how SAF moved JOS to LB and he just did a great job there too.

Deserrves a starting position in the final - pleased for the lad.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

Back to back european cup finals. I honest to god never thought I'd see the day.

We used to get so much shit in the early 90's didn't we. "Pfft, yeah you play well in the league but you don't do £#%&! all in Europe, do you?" (1991 excluded) And to be fair, we couldn't argue with that. English football was still busy dragging itself out of the doldrums.

Now though, we sit here - as Liverpool did in the late 70's/early 80's as the dominant force in England and that, in turn, is reflected in europe due to the strength of our domestic league.

I know there is a final, huge furlong to go before anything is decided - but maybe now, this club might not be seen as 'underachievers' in europe for once.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Back to back european cup finals. I honest to god never thought I'd see the day.

We used to get so much shit in the early 90's didn't we. "Pfft, yeah you play well in the league but you don't do £#%&! all in Europe, do you?" (1991 excluded) And to be fair, we couldn't argue with that. English football was still busy dragging itself out of the doldrums.

Now though, we sit here - as Liverpool did in the late 70's/early 80's as the dominant force in England and that, in turn, is reflected in europe due to the strength of our domestic league.

I know there is a final, huge furlong to go before anything is decided - but maybe now, this club might not be seen as 'underachievers' in europe for once.
I reflect this post. To win back to back European Cups would unquestionably put this team down (on paper no question about it) as one of the great European sides. It would be surreal to me almost.

Still think we'll lose though.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:35 PM
sullers

Back to back finals. £#%&!ing hell, didn't even think of this for some reason.

Fergie will never be bettered I don't think, especially the way management is now.

Unbeliveable. How does he do it?

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I reflect this post. To win back to back European Cups would unquestionably put this team down (on paper no question about it) as one of the great European sides. It would be surreal to me almost.

Still think we'll lose though.
It's an almighty ask isn't it. To retain the trophy, i mean.

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Unbeliveable. How does he do it?
he's been very, very lucky
Closed Thread