United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2020, 06:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He was bleeding awful.
Except when he was scoring winning goals against Liverpool, and Chelsea, and......

Nobody disputes that he was mostly crap for us, but he was a genuinely good striker who just never hit it off here for some reason.

Unread 17-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except when he was scoring winning goals against Liverpool, and Chelsea, and......

Nobody disputes that he was mostly crap for us, but he was a genuinely good striker who just never hit it off here for some reason.
He was dreadful. The worst striker who played fairly often we have had in the PL era.

'We will only sit down when Forlan scores'. He was a joke. Didn't know any red who wasn't delighted when he was binned off.

Fast forward a few months and he is scoring a hat trick at the nou camp

Unread 17-04-2020, 08:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He was dreadful. The worst striker who played fairly often we have had in the PL era.

'We will only sit down when Forlan scores'. He was a joke. Didn't know any red who wasn't delighted when he was binned off.

Fast forward a few months and he is scoring a hat trick at the nou camp
By then he hadn't scored for the best part of a year I think, so not surprising. And doesn't alter that he wasn't *always* shit for us, just most of the time

Unread 17-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
By then he hadn't scored for the best part of a year I think, so not surprising. And doesn't alter that he wasn't *always* shit for us, just most of the time
Change to vast majority and I will accept.

Unread 17-04-2020, 11:25 PM
ryanMUFC

Wouldn’t put Forlan in there. Last minute winners, the goal against Rangers and the goals against the Scousers makes his time notable. He did more than Owen did while he was here.

Unread 17-04-2020, 11:45 PM
tatty

Forlan is a weird one, I don't think anybody would argue that he wasn't woeful for us but then turned in to a great finisher a few months after leaving.

He wouldn't be in my Worst XI.

Unread 18-04-2020, 01:01 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
The goalless year was at the beginning of his time here, signed in Jan and didn’t bag until Villa in October iirc

Unread 18-04-2020, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The goalless year was at the beginning of his time here, signed in Jan and didn’t bag until Villa in October iirc
He also had a long goalless period at the end, in between he had the *occasional* good game
Closed Thread