Unread 17-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
your man crush on this bloke is odd.
White, meet black.

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:07 PM
jem

maguire announced as captain... dunk has a go at valencia.

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
your man crush on this bloke is odd.

Just realised I quoted the wrong post

Was meant to answer to Quayders asking if Nev was ever official captain.

I reel you in when I don’t even try

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Think you’re right, vaguely remember that he stayed club captain while Vidic was team captain. There really aren’t a lot of leaders out there today though looking at Liverpool they have been able to mould their own the more successful they’ve been.

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Think you’re right, vaguely remember that he stayed club captain while Vidic was team captain. There really aren’t a lot of leaders out there today though looking at Liverpool they have been able to mould their own the more successful they’ve been.
That's the worst part.

I see about 4 or 5 players there Fergie would have loved

The Robertson, VVD, Milner, Henderson, Firminho and Mane are all characters Fergie would have loved.

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
That's the worst part.

I see about 4 or 5 players there Fergie would have loved

The Robertson, VVD, Milner, Henderson, Firminho and Mane are all characters Fergie would have loved.
Freggle wrote Henderson off because he runs funny. Not sure Firmino would be his cuppa tea either... but he'd have loved Mané and Robertson.

No way the one decent footballer Scotland produces ends up at them and not us if Freggle's still calling the shots.

Unread 17-01-2020, 01:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

A likely story

Unread 17-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Still can't get my head around the fact that Antonio Valencia the club captain of Manchester United despite not being able to speak a word of the lingo and being utter dogshit.
I agree mind boggling decision to make the lily livered coward captain.

Unread 17-01-2020, 05:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
I agree mind boggling decision to make the lily livered coward captain.
It’s more than just bravery though. You need a captain to organise and drive his team mates on; make adjustments on field where necessary and be that influence in the dressing room. Did Valencia strike you as that type? He was often the most disorganised of our defenders.

Unread 17-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s more than just bravery though. You need a captain to organise and drive his team mates on; make adjustments on field where necessary and be that influence in the dressing room. Did Valencia strike you as that type? He was often the most disorganised of our defenders.
agree, would have helped if he spoke English too

Unread 17-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Bunker Buster

His voice should have guaranteed he never got the job....

Imagine this guy %@#$&!ing you ...

Unread 17-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

https://youtu.be/EB8KQMfolyE
That's the real reason Smalling left.

Can't have those two saying 'sorry' in the same voice simultaneously as De Gea whispers his %@#$&!ing at them.

Unread 17-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Red Santos

Maguire captain makes sense.

Unread 17-01-2020, 07:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He should be made to watch the stoning scene from Life of Brian.

Unread 17-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Shows you what an absolute state our squad is in when a bloke who's been here 5 mins is made club captain.

Unread 17-01-2020, 07:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Shows you what an absolute state our squad is in when a bloke who's been here 5 mins is made club captain.
I think part of the premium we paid was based on him becoming captain mate. We badly needed a leader in the dressing room, and Ole probably marked him as a good candidate.

Unread 17-01-2020, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I think part of the premium we paid was based on him becoming captain mate. We badly needed a leader in the dressing room, and Ole probably marked him as a good candidate.
Spot on, not much else to say really.

Unread 17-01-2020, 08:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Maguire captain makes sense.
Not quite ‘Captain Marvel’ is it

Better than Valencia ‘Captain Unintelligible’ or Young ‘Captain Birdshit’ though..

Unread 17-01-2020, 08:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Not quite ‘Captain Marvel’ is it

Better than Valencia ‘Captain Unintelligible’ or Young ‘Captain Birdshit’ though..
He’s not van Dijk, but i quite like him generally. I guess it depends where your focus is, on the good or the not so good. I really like the way he’s interacting with the younger guys.

Unread 17-01-2020, 08:47 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
He’s not van Dijk, but i quite like him generally. I guess it depends where your focus is, on the good or the not so good. I really like the way he’s interacting with the younger guys.
Captain Makes Sense
Closed Thread