United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2020, 06:59 AM
Mr_Ed

Football

Agree with all of the above. One of the best games - the top top teams slugging it out over 120 minutes, red cards, saved penalties, jumpers for goalposts.

When the team sheets came out and Ole and Teddy were starting up top I was worried.

Goes to show the finest of margins in top, top level sport. If they'd gone on to win the game they could have won the title easily as the momentum would have shifted.

I think results against them prior to the game were 0-3, 0-3, 1-1, 0-0

Winning the FA Cup having to beat Boro, the Verm, Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal (both with replays) - a cup run.

Unread 15-04-2020, 04:19 PM
JamesPolk

This seeems like a life time ago now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Agree with all of the above. One of the best games - the top top teams slugging it out over 120 minutes, red cards, saved penalties, jumpers for goalposts.

When the team sheets came out and Ole and Teddy were starting up top I was worried.

Goes to show the finest of margins in top, top level sport. If they'd gone on to win the game they could have won the title easily as the momentum would have shifted.

I think results against them prior to the game were 0-3, 0-3, 1-1, 0-0

Winning the FA Cup having to beat Boro, the Verm, Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal (both with replays) - a cup run.
Since The FA decided to bin of the semi-final replays in the cup. It couldn'´t have got better send off. That Semi Final vs Arsenal in 99 is stuff of legend.

Unread 16-04-2020, 09:25 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the offside given against anelka, i'd just gotten over that - then within 60 seconds roy was sent off...
One of my many favourite bits of the footage of this match is that after the gooners have spent a good minute celebrating the Anelka goal he goes jogging back to his place grinning smugly still unaware it's been called off, you actually see the moment he realises

Closed Thread