United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-02-2019, 09:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Nah we’ve just dropped off and stopped pressing so high up

Hard to up fitness levels during the season with matches coming thick and fast

That work will be done this preseason
Nope. Playing at a consistently higher tempo, pressing more aggressively and higher up the pitch and not blowing out of their arse last 15..

Unread 25-02-2019, 09:11 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nope. Playing at a consistently higher tempo, pressing more aggressively and higher up the pitch and not blowing out of their arse last 15..
except for big Rom

Unread 25-02-2019, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
except for big Rom
Blowing out of his arse first 15...

Unread 25-02-2019, 11:16 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
harsh. he was barely offside and those stupid free kicks really didn't work. just knock it in from the wide positions. training ground fail. soz.
Barely offside

You’re right about the free kicks, they didn’t work. Apart from the time we forced them to put the ball in their own net.

Quote:
Watched it back a few times yesterday, I don't think he could've got to it, it went by too quick and too far away.
I think it just showed the difference between a player with attacker’s instincts and those who don’t.

Unread 25-02-2019, 11:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Barely offside

You’re right about the free kicks, they didn’t work. Apart from the time we forced them to put the ball in their own net.

I think it just showed the difference between a player with attacker’s instincts and those who don’t.
And Pogba’s header he should have done better with from Young’s free kick.

Unread 26-02-2019, 12:09 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Blowing out of his arse first 15...
First 15 seconds tbh.

Unread 26-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Anyway, just glad it’s all over and they didn’t get a penalty when Rashers got clattered by Mongerson. Seen harsher ones given.

Unread 26-02-2019, 11:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Anyway, just glad it’s all over and they didn’t get a penalty when Rashers got clattered by Mongerson. Seen harsher ones given.

Unread 26-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Anything can happen with the schoolboy reffing and they are blessed, historically, with more pens than any other PL side

Maybe it’s just me

Unread 26-02-2019, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Anything can happen with the schoolboy reffing and they are blessed, historically, with more pens than any other PL side

Maybe it’s just me
Don't even remember the incident tbh.

Unread 26-02-2019, 01:25 PM
sa7

Quote:
except for big Rom
God love him, he kept on plodding on though didn't he?

His effort has been questionable in the past but he stuck at it on Sunday when he was clearly £#%&!ing knackered.

Can't knock the lad for Sunday.

Unread 26-02-2019, 01:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
God love him, he kept on plodding on though didn't he?

His effort has been questionable in the past but he stuck at it on Sunday when he was clearly £#%&!ing knackered.

Can't knock the lad for Sunday.
Should have done better with his header and didn't dominate the full backs in the air which looked like the plan. Van Dyk beat him easily at the back post.

Unread 26-02-2019, 01:31 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

I'll lay off him for a bit..

Unread 26-02-2019, 01:35 PM
sa7

Quote:
Should have done better with his header and didn't dominate the full backs in the air which looked like the plan. Van Dyk beat him easily at the back post.
I agree, but his header was the one time he really got a decent delivery to that back post to attack. He beat Robertson quite comfortably and a couple more deliveries like that I think he could've done some damage.

I was talking more about his application though. It was one of those games where the lads had to squeeze out every last drop of energy and, in that regard, he didn't let us down.

Unread 26-02-2019, 02:48 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Nobody has ever said he's a @#%&!....he's just really bad at football.

The fact he's been given a good amount of games recently and done zero is worrying. He better do well for his country during the int breaks or we'll never find a buyer.

Unread 27-02-2019, 03:33 AM
Chris Quayd

Why was the Matip studs up kick on Young written out of existence? Ref missed it and not a peep of the FA even thinking about the possibility of wondering about potentially looking at it

Unread 27-02-2019, 09:19 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Why was the Matip studs up kick on Young written out of existence? Ref missed it and not a peep of the FA even thinking about the possibility of wondering about potentially looking at it
Heyseled.

Unread 27-02-2019, 10:52 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Nobody has ever said he's a @#%&!.
I £#%&!ing have