United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2020, 03:55 PM
thatsfuctit

Default 21 years ago today . United v Arsenal replay.

Full game.
United v Arse - FA Cup Semi Final Replay

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46840751

Unread 14-04-2020, 05:06 PM
windy waffles

21 years ago.

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 14-04-2020, 06:17 PM
red in cumbria

Doesn't seem like it either.

One of the great games of our lifetime, and always will be.

Unread 14-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
21 years ago.

£#%&!ing hell.
I was wondering what game it was. It cannot be right. Time flies.

Unread 14-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Seamus

It feels like 21 years ago. The best match ever. The euphoria of the win and then coming out of the ground and celebrating in the roads around the ground was immense. My car was playing up so my next door neighbour drove, he had never been to a game before or since.

Unread 14-04-2020, 07:07 PM
suedeshoes

Best match I've ever been at. Got on the pitch when Giggsy scored and thought Stam was going to chin me. Stayed in Birmingham at a mate's who'd taped the match. Got in about 3am and watched it again. I knew then that we'd win the treble.

Unread 14-04-2020, 07:10 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Best match I've ever been at. Got on the pitch when Giggsy scored and thought Stam was going to chin me. Stayed in Birmingham at a mate's who'd taped the match. Got in about 3am and watched it again. I knew then that we'd win the treble.
I am sorry for calling you a scouser. You are a better red than me

Unread 14-04-2020, 07:34 PM
no fun

Didn’t go, was working until 10pm

Avoided the score, watched it when I got home

Marvellous

Unread 14-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Danoli

It was an incredible night.
I was there with two of my brothers and a random girl my little brother brought with him.

The relief when Schmeichel saved the penalty, and then the euphoria of Giggs goal particularly when we were down to 10 men

That team always found a way of winning even When everything was against them.

Unread 14-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Sparky***

best game of football i've ever seen to this day.

Unread 14-04-2020, 08:09 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

I posted this on the goon thread. 21 years ffs.

f*** knows how I didn't get killed that game. We was in the Holte end right on the devide as we only had a 3rd of that end. I wasn't half giving some shit to a right ugly cockney c*** who had a spider tattoo'd on his face all the way through the match. He was giving it the big "I'll see you outside" shit. He would have f***ing killed me! 
At full time I was giving him more shit and our kid and a few mates started making their way down to the bottom to get onto the pitch. This cockney was frothing at the mouth and started following me down saying he was gonna rip my head off etc. I was full of Stella and giving it the big un back but started to panic a bit as we got to the barrier at the front, I was thinking if he gets hold of me I'm dead. I got over the barrier onto the pitch and he got stopped by the stewards. 
I'd never been so relieved in my life so I carried on giving him shit whilst he got held back by about 10 stewards. I then legged it down the pitch to where Giggs was being lifted up, and was dancing around the pitch for a good 10mins after. What a night. Best game of football I've ever been to nqat. 

Unread 14-04-2020, 08:18 PM
jem

a game that should never have been played. still rankles that a £#%&!ing idiot linesman gave giggs offside when he knocked the ball past a defender and ran onto his own "pass" in the first game. shameful.

Unread 14-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
It was an incredible night.
I was there with two of my brothers and a random girl my little brother brought with him.

The relief when Schmeichel saved the penalty, and then the euphoria of Giggs goal particularly when we were down to 10 men

That team always found a way of winning even When everything was against them.
That team never gave up the fight, hopefully ole can continue to build his team with that same spirit.

Unread 14-04-2020, 08:51 PM
est.1878

Went on my own on the ri coach. Unbelievable rep at school the next day. The penalty save was pretty close for me as big a goon as the goal, felt certain he would score and everything would crumble

Unread 14-04-2020, 09:51 PM
armchair

live now

you can rewind btw and it's better quality

Unread 14-04-2020, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a game that should never have been played. still rankles that a £#%&!ing idiot linesman gave giggs offside when he knocked the ball past a defender and ran onto his own "pass" in the first game. shameful.
This is completely correct, of course. But think of what we would have missed.

Unread 14-04-2020, 11:32 PM
ryanMUFC

Got out of school early to go ‘dentist appointment’. Got about half a yard onto the pitch after the final whistle before the old man dragged me back.

Unread 14-04-2020, 11:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Went on my own on the ri coach. Unbelievable rep at school the next day. The penalty save was pretty close for me as big a goon as the goal, felt certain he would score and everything would crumble
Said the same in the goon thread

I threw an almighty strop when it was given but the relief and joy when it was saved was incredible.

Like sparky said, it’s the best game of football I’ve also ever watched. It had everything and both teams were fantastic.

Unread 15-04-2020, 12:02 AM
armchair

biggest goon ever imo. I was so upset when Roy got sent off and all seemed lost.

Unread 15-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
biggest goon ever imo. I was so upset when Roy got sent off and all seemed lost.
the offside given against anelka, i'd just gotten over that - then within 60 seconds roy was sent off...
Closed Thread