United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2012, 09:00 AM
bcred

Default Injuries following United.

Have we had this thread before? If so apologies.
A bit like the Fred version of the Jaws scene, on the boat where they talk about war wounds.

I'll start,broken arm. Stretty Left side,best scored a goal the usual crush happened.
My left arm went through the railings snap snap,two places. I think it was around 71/72? I'd be 15 or so.
The older lads lifted me out, a copper got me to the perimeter of the pitch. I walked around whilst the game was being played and they took me down the old players tunnel and into the St Johns room. Then whisked off to Manchester Royal Infirmary. My mum proceeded to ban me from going to football. That didn't last long.

Unread 14-11-2012, 09:07 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Have we had this thread before? If so apologies.
A bit like the Fred version of the Jaws scene, on the boat where they talk about war wounds.

I'll start,broken arm. Stretty Left side,best scored a goal the usual crush happened.
My left arm went through the railings snap snap,two places. I think it was around 71/72? I'd be 15 or so.
The older lads lifted me out, a copper got me to the perimeter of the pitch. I walked around whilst the game was being played and they took me down the old players tunnel and into the St Johns room. Then whisked off to Manchester Royal Infirmary. My mum proceeded to ban me from going to football. That didn't last long.
Broken cheekbone in Callela the night before the final in 99. Fell off a bin head first pissed up. Couldn't feel the right side of my face or my teeth for 6months. £#%&!ing hurt.

Unread 14-11-2012, 09:09 AM
bcred

ouch,gotta ask did you make the game?

Unread 14-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Crumps

Got shot 5 times.

Unread 14-11-2012, 10:28 AM
no fun

derby away 1983 fa cup quarter final (1-0, whiteside)

it was one of the lads birthdays, so we thought it would be a good idea to give him "the bumps" into a pile of shite deposited by a police horse

I had hold of one of his legs, when he realised we were going to "bump" him into shit he struggled like £#%&!, lashed out accidentally (?) and booted me in the gob

bust lip

claret everywhere

told me dad I had done it taking on Derbys top boy

Unread 14-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Scabs

1996. Wounded by the price of a pint of piss-weak 'Manchester United' beer.

1999. Bit of a headrush as I leapt up to celebrate Ole's goal at the Nou Camp, then banged my shin on the coffee table as I ran around the living room shouting 'yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, £#%&!in' yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!'

2001. Programme seller gave me a dirty look. Hurt my feelings.

2005. Grievously offended by the price of a cheeseburger outside the ground.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:02 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
1996. Wounded by the price of a pint of piss-weak 'Manchester United' beer.

1999. Bit of a headrush as I leapt up to celebrate Ole's goal at the Nou Camp, then banged my shin on the coffee table as I ran around the living room shouting 'yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, £#%&!in' yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!'

2001. Programme seller gave me a dirty look. Hurt my feelings.

2005. Grievously offended by the price of a cheeseburger outside the ground.

Chipped a tooth falling down the steps at the Estádio do Dragão celebrating Quinton Fortunes goal.

Thats it tbh

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Got shot 5 times.
Porto 96?

I've had numberous shin injuries but none worse than when some scouse @#%&! booted me in them outside wenbley in 96. I've still got the scar.

Best injury I inflicted was Stuttgart away in around 2002. Pissed and angry at the result (2-2 iirc after a run of about 100 draws) I launched a plastic cup half full of ale at the goading fans. It emptied has it flew and by the time it reached them it was gently floating to the ground. People were pointing and laughing and one daft @#%&! ran to try and catch it, tripped and smashed his head on the fence. Paramedics were still tending to him about half an hour later as we left the stadium.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Sloppy

Followed through at the city game where keane snapped haaland in half.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Followed through at the city game where keane snapped haaland in half.
So did Haaland.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:23 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Hit in the back with a baton at marseille away. No biggie, just walked it off.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Chorlton74

No injuries to myself, but i do always wonder what happened to the skiplicker that had a fresh brew lobbed in his mush after liverpool had scored at OT March 2000 and he went for it in East 2.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:39 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Porto 96?

medics were still tending to him about half an hour later as we left the stadium.
I was at that match, saw the dibble firing plastic bullets.

Got tear gassed in France v Lille (2007?) and then cut my shin open as I got bowled over my seat by the crush that followed.

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:54 AM
forwardirektion

Got sparked by a barnsley fan at ot.
Got a pool ball to the head watching utd liverpool in a pub in huddersfield, went down took a right shoeing off the locals and a scouser saved me.
Ran into the side of a moving van 1st time we played rangers at home when a dog snapped at me bust my nose
Fell off a table and hurt my shoulder at chorley away with FC

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:55 AM
carlosartorial

Batoned, tear gassed, bricked a few times.

Nothing major. #topred

Unread 14-11-2012, 11:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Nothing major. #topred
that reminds me, you on the meerkat meet ?

Unread 14-11-2012, 12:04 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Probably pal, not sure yet.

Unread 14-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Nothing major. #topred
Nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I'm standing between Carlo and Crumps all night and no harm will befall me...

Unread 14-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Child of Darkness

does being repeatedly chubbed count ?

Unread 14-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Sparky***

Carpel tunnel syndrome.
Closed Thread