United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:09 PM
eusker

Football Performance Enhancing Drugs in Football

Interesting article here -

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...ball-must-also

I can't imagine the football authorities want to investigate this too closely.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:19 PM
The Watcher

I've always assumed that all the big clubs here and abroad systematically dope their players

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:22 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I've always assumed that all the big clubs here and abroad systematically dope their players
Why?

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Why?
Because winninng in football is big business and doping is an acceptable risk to take?

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:26 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnaldo
Because winninng in football is big business and doping is an acceptable risk to take?
Ok thanks

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Why?
Because drug use is pretty rampant in every other sport. The idea that it's not as prevalent in football, the richest and most popular sport in the world, is fanciful.

I'd say doping in football and match fixing in international cricket are two of the most under investigated scandals in sport today.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:27 PM
forwardirektion

Can someone get Valencia some

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Juve's success in the 90s was founded on doping players systematically to increase muscle mass

They were even found guilty of it but then some how that guilty verdict was over turned on appeal

I remember in the 90s thinking that Juve players looked bigger and stronger than anybody else

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:28 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
I'd say doping in football and match fixing in international cricket are two of the most under investigated scandals in sport today.
You're forgetting midline infractions in Dodgeball

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Jethro

Paging Saffers...............

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:30 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Juve's success in the 90s was founded on doping players systematically to increase muscle mass

They were even found guilty of it but then some how that guilty verdict was over turned on appeal

I remember in the 90s thinking that Juve players looked bigger and stronger than anybody else
Inzahgi was a beast tbf.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Zorg

I wonder what Dave Kitson has to say about this.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Can someone get Valencia some
Think Giggsy pinched Tony's dose, tbf.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I wonder what Dave Kitson has to say about this.
in his beeb interview last week he said he had not seen anything to do with doping.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Justin Gatlin ran a career best 9.77 in 2006. He failed a drug test not long after and was banned for four years. Six years later, at the age of 30 and supposedly drug free, he runs 9.79 in the Olympic final and wins bronze. Clearly, this is a £#%&!ing nonsense.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:40 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

wasn't there a spate of early death syndrome type deaths among players /explayers in italy in the 90's. seem to remember relatives wanting an investigation, but i may have dreamt it.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

well if we're doping our £#%&!ing players then we're doing a shocking job of it.

They're all dying on their arses after 60 mins for christ's sake.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:45 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
well if we're doping our £#%&!ing players then we're doing a shocking job of it.

Big Carlos knew how to juice the players, nqat.

Phelan's probably injecting the players with £#%&!ing ribena. Useless @#%&!.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We're the only clean team.

Unread 18-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Justin Gatlin ran a career best 9.77 in 2006. He failed a drug test not long after and was banned for four years. Six years later, at the age of 30 and supposedly drug free, he runs 9.79 in the Olympic final and wins bronze. Clearly, this is a £#%&!ing nonsense.
Silver medalist Blake had previously tested positive for a non banned performance enhancer(but chemically similar to the banned Tuaminoheptane). He took a precautionary 3 month ban.
I think with any cutting edge suppliment, there is going to be a grey area whether it can be used legally or not. I suppose the idea is to produce something thats performance enhancing, and new, so as to get around it being on the banned list, for a while at least.
Closed Thread