United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:34 AM
avocado

Default Big week

Forget who’s buying us or not. Or which pronoun to use/abuse. This week is what it’s all about. Two proper games. Getting giddy already.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:44 AM
AK14

Huge two weeks tbf

Next week it’s West Ham in the fa cup and then away to the vermin

Bring it on.

Unread 20-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Wayne Jenkins

I'd forgotten we have the Cup match against West Ham before the scousers, but they're in terrible form, and the good thing is that Liverpool play Wolves the same night.

Unread 20-02-2023, 11:03 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Huge two weeks tbf

Next week it’s West Ham in the fa cup and then away to the vermin

Bring it on.
feels like 99, games coming non stop, every game meaning something, its great to be back

Unread 20-02-2023, 11:20 AM
atticusgrinch

I'd take wins against Newcastle, the bindippers, Barca and West Ham.

Unread 20-02-2023, 11:33 AM
Hyman_Roth

Top 4 and beat Newcastle please. Have to win a trophy - it will help the rest of the season and beyond. A loss and it could really knock us.

Everything else is icing.

Not that bothered about the europa tbh

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Top 4 and beat Newcastle please. Have to win a trophy - it will help the rest of the season and beyond. A loss and it could really knock us.

Everything else is icing.

Not that bothered about the europa tbh
You will be when they get to the final

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Bunker Buster

There's going to be a horrible sting in the tail somewhere, can feel it, we can't win them all ....

I'm shitting it about Sunday ...

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
There's going to be a horrible sting in the tail somewhere, can feel it, we can't win them all ....

Sunday has alarm bells all over it. Week off for them, tough game and possible extra time for us Thursday. Fairytale for Newcastle in terms of winning their first trophy in living memory and kick starting the new regime against big bad Man United

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sunday has alarm bells all over it. Week off for them, tough game and possible extra time for us Thursday. Fairytale for Newcastle in terms of winning their first trophy in living memory and kick starting the new regime against big bad Man United
They’ve got the receptionist in goal pal. 6-0 united

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
ALRIGHT MATE !

You're not helping.....

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
They’ve got the receptionist in goal pal. 6-0 united
Karius. Dipper redemption

Quote:
ALRIGHT MATE !

You're not helping.....

We can’t possibly win all of the next 4 can we..?

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
It’s my big worry.

But Tenners has managed the squad so well lately and the likes of Cas, Varane and Martinez have been given plenty of rest over the last few weeks.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Same. Feels bigger than it is/should be.

The omens all point to us winning. They’re in poor form, 3rd choice keeper etc. you just know there’s a massive running kick in the kidneys somewhere.

If we have to have one at all, I’d prefer to have our nightmare on Thursday.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The omens all point to us winning. They’re in poor form, 3rd choice keeper etc. you just know there’s a massive running kick in the kidneys somewhere.

It's such a weird situation. As you say.....

The Carling bloody cup, the Mickey mouse cup....

Normally mock / ignore it.....now want to win it with every fibre of my being ...
Partly for Erik and the team and partly as it's my son's first real cup run feeling and I'm about to surprise him with tickets in Wednesday.....

I went wemberlee with my dad as a kid, I'm not sure what game it was, probably around my son's age, £#%&!ing lost and bawled my eyes out till at least Birmingham....

Would lose Thursday and at ainfield to get the cup Sunday ...

It's all a bit mad...

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:59 PM
no fun

Quote:

Can we extend this big week to next Wednesday?

Or start the big week this Wednesday?

Wouldn’t mind losing to West Ham, need to free up time for Brentford (h) and midweek europa

Unread 20-02-2023, 01:01 PM
dunk

Can’t have Moyes winning at OT tbh. Could barely do it with United.

Unread 20-02-2023, 01:31 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
It's such a weird situation. As you say.....

The Carling bloody cup, the Mickey mouse cup....

Normally mock / ignore it.....now want to win it with every fibre of my being ...
Partly for Erik and the team and partly as it's my son's first real cup run feeling and I'm about to surprise him with tickets in Wednesday.....

I went wemberlee with my dad as a kid, I'm not sure what game it was, probably around my son's age, £#%&!ing lost and bawled my eyes out till at least Birmingham....

Would lose Thursday and at ainfield to get the cup Sunday ...

It's all a bit mad...
Jeez added kid stress. Perfect day running through your head. The opposite happening and it being a nightmare.

Had all that against palace in the fa cup. Perfect day initially ruined by palace and recovered by lingard. Youngest lad with me very alive to the (my) tension. The semi against Everton with my eldest son was a truly brilliant day. Palace was hard work and we even won.

Feel for you pal. Everything crossed.

Unread 20-02-2023, 01:40 PM
Dr Stranger

More confident about the final than I was a few weeks ago. Newcastle are really struggling now. They haven’t played well in a while. They can’t score and they’re starting to leak goals. Pope missing will be a big blow for them and I can see having a 3rd choice keeper in goal for a major final putting the shits right up them.

Their biggest strength is their energy, especially early on in games. If we can match that, we should have too much quality for them.

Unread 20-02-2023, 06:34 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
feels like 99, games coming non stop, every game meaning something, its great to be back
It`s great to be back. Hello, Hello United are back United are back. Singing it v Leicester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
More confident about the final than I was a few weeks ago. Newcastle are really struggling now. They haven’t played well in a while. They can’t score and they’re starting to leak goals. Pope missing will be a big blow for them and I can see having a 3rd choice keeper in goal for a major final putting the shits right up them.

Their biggest strength is their energy, especially early on in games. If we can match that, we should have too much quality for them.
The first 15-20 minutes are the only worry for me as we often start very slow like we did v Leeds. However, with Cas back and Martinez I am feeling ultra confident if we can survive this part of the match without conceding we will win
Closed Thread