United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Uztyeknom

Default Sacked by Manchester , sacked by Madrid

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...991513,00.html

I reckon L.A. will end up sacking him

why couldnt he have just concrentrated on football anyway?

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

This posturing from Madrid is pissing me off. Why can't they act with a bit of £#%&!ing class? Beckham's leaving for £#%&! all; deal with it ffs

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Ether

I £#%&!ing hate Madrid. You'd think they were white than white in regards to transfer dealings the way they're taking the moral high ground over this.

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

why is anyone surprised at Madrid being @#%&!s....they're the biggest set of @#%&!s ever to disgrace a football pitch...ever since Franco's days...utter scum hate everything about them and their #@&%! fans

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Uztyeknom

madrid are almost meaningless

and beckham left football and headed for celebrity when he left us to join them

beckham is meaningless

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Ether

What do you mean?

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Tiberian

The only part about the way Madrid are acting that bothers me is that it will allow Beckham to play the martyr again, as he did on the OT pitch with his "They've had talks" and pretence that he was being forced out, when in truth the Beckhams had been house hunting in Madrid for quite a while. Also the speed at which he signed the contract after his mithering at Utd

The fact that he has a house bought in LA already shows that he ahd been considering this for awhile. It's not as if he has been cast to the reserves this season, still quite involved not a constant starter but has been the first sub on a lot.

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:37 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uztyeknom
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...991513,00.html

I reckon L.A. will end up sacking him

why couldnt he have just concrentrated on football anyway?

If Beckham was an ugly @#%&!, he'd still be at United, and we would've won the CL at least once more.

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Uztyeknom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
If Beckham was an ugly @#%&!, he'd still be at United, and we would've won the CL at least once more.
point

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:44 PM
armchair

This tom cruise link is a worry. yoko spice was bad enough. I like beckham. He's not the cleverest but I think he's a genuinely good guy.

Easily led.

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Doubtful, his style of play was predictable and easily countered by pacy defenders. Recall the ease with which Madrid and Bayern neutralized him.

It was the right decision from Utd to sell him.

Unread 16-01-2007, 07:59 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This tom cruise link is a worry. yoko spice was bad enough. I like beckham. He's not the cleverest but I think he's a genuinely good guy.

Easily led.
Yep, scientologist within a year.

Unread 16-01-2007, 08:17 PM
chrispycod

Seems a perfectly well thought out religion to me

[YOUTUBE]ajBlH8oXk3U[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 16-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Doubtful, his style of play was predictable and easily countered by pacy defenders. Recall the ease with which Madrid and Bayern neutralized him.

It was the right decision from Utd to sell him.
I agree it was the a good deal to sell him.

But Real Madrid didn't neutralise Beckham at all Tiberian (Roberto Carlos took the piss a bit in the 3-1 game fair enough, but Beckham also missed a great chance in that game).

And nor did Bayern really, not in 99 anyway.

In 01 Bayern were pumped and had the edge all over the pitch.

And in 02 (was it? RvN 1-1) they were even all over the pitch.

Unread 16-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I agree it was the a good deal to sell him.

But Real Madrid didn't neutralise Beckham at all Tiberian (Roberto Carlos took the piss a bit in the 3-1 game fair enough, but Beckham also missed a great chance in that game).

And nor did Bayern really, not in 99 anyway.

In 01 Bayern were pumped and had the edge all over the pitch.

And in 02 (was it? RvN 1-1) they were even all over the pitch.
I think that in his last 2 years at Utd he had been figured out by defenders of high quality. It was one of the reason he started drifting all over the place trying to find space. When the ball went out to him he was closed down immediately. Arsenal and Ashley Cole did this as well, Carlos always did it, though he had 3 goals in 4 games for Utd against Madrid and that miss at 3-1 down in the bernabeu

As a wide man his effect on games diminished, still a brilliant right foot, but because of his lack of pace or skill on the ball in tight areas he was less and less effective out wide.

Unread 16-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Beckham's best game for United? He was the main man in Nou Camp for me - superb; drove the team towards its destiny. Most won't agree, but I thought he was the best player on the pitch (having watched the vid many times), albeit in a dull, German infected game.

Unread 16-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
still a brilliant right foot, but because of his lack of pace or skill on the ball in tight areas he was less and less effective out wide.
Believe it or not, this is going to be a problem for him in MLS too. The players may not be high quality but they are athletic and can run. He's also going to be playing in serious heat. I think this whole thing could blow up for the Galaxy of he can't consistently beat players.

Unread 16-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Qwertyuiop

Very pleased he will be leaving Madrid with no medals, also any that hw might get in LA will be worth £#%&! all.

Leave MUFC and the only way is down.

Unread 16-01-2007, 10:36 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Very pleased he will be leaving Madrid with no medals, also any that hw might get in LA will be worth £#%&! all.

Leave MUFC and the only way is down.
im just hoping ruud also suffers a embarassing exit from madrid.

two players i hate for treating the club like shit,discussing deals behind the clubs back and lying to the fans.

Unread 16-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Haven't they said they're going to play him in the middle?

Beckham was finished in a matter of minutes in the German heat, there's no way he'll be able to cope with the American heat!
Yeah good point, he'll probably end up in the middle. He should do a decent job there, no question he can pass the ball.

To be fair that German heat was a one-off, it won't be as bad as that most nights in the States.
Closed Thread