United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's not that, it's constantly going from the goal line to 5-10 yards outside the box. You dont really notice it unless you're at the game, but every time United cross halfway VDS will go outpast the top of the box, and every time they lose possession he has to retreat to his line.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Fancied us tonight after being pessimistic as £#%&! after the first leg.Dont know what it was, just felt really positive about the game/result tonight.

Superb goal.

Thought Ando was class, Rooney class and thank £#%&! for Rio.

Brilliant stuff from United tonight.
£#%&! off you never stopped saying we were out.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:12 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
£#%&! off you never stopped saying we were out.
'after being pessimistic'

Nob 'ed.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now

It's true tho, it adds up. It would only take playing in goal for one 90 minute game at a decent standard, with the back four pressing forward, to see that you definitely don't just stand around. You probably go from your line to 25-30 yards out and back 15 or 20 times per half.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough. Personally, I've sensed quite a few people (not just on here) ignoring what he's already done at the club, especially in big games, when moaning at him not performing during his one appearance every two weeks.
Quite. I don't want to name names, but one of the culprits has very big ears indeed.

And what makes tonight's performance even more impressive is that he did it in stepping in to arguably our biggest game of the season, and having had no consistent football for months. Not easy for any player in that situation, let alone a young lad.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

It's true tho, it adds up. It would only take playing in goal for one 90 minute game at a decent standard, with the back four pressing forward, to see that you definitely don't just stand around. You probably go from your line to 25-30 yards out and back 15 or 20 times per half.
aha, wondered where Foster was on saturday

Unread 16-04-2009, 04:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wonder if tonight finally settles the issue of why so many United fans get excited about Anderson's potential.
i haven't seen anyone doubting his potential. the problem with anderson is that he was so good at times last year that expectations are ridiculously unrealistic for such a young kid.

Unread 16-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Was Nani as crap as BBC suggests?
Ando just did things. That's why he got a 5 from useless @#%&!s who don't know what theyre looking for. TBH, he was exactly what we needed but he wasnt immense. Just very good. A 7.7 on the judges books.

Rooney took an injury, he was told not to tackle in the second half and put in a shift.

I reckon most of them were around 7-7.5s, Ronnie the stand out with an 8.

Nani did exactly what he came on to do. Kept the ball well in the dying minutes and forced a couple of corners taking alot of pressure off.

Unread 16-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Grimson

Maybe it's just because I was nervous, but Nani did needlessly give it away a couple of times too. And instead of taking it into the corner in stoppage time, he ran it back towards the United end under pressure, causing me to throw an apple at my TV.

Unread 16-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Maybe it's just because I was nervous, but Nani did needlessly give it away a couple of times too. And instead of taking it into the corner in stoppage time, he ran it back towards the United end under pressure, causing me to throw an apple at my TV.
Don't let NewOrderDude hear you saying that!

Unread 16-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Don't let NewOrderDude hear you saying that!

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:07 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
just got in.

good to see fergie knows big andy is vital to games like this.

asked god for a sign on the way home. a man with dreadlocks sat beside me on the docklands light railway then as i got off, a man with a blue and white shirt like portos kit got OFF the train while the dead locked man stayed on.
we will stay in the cup. i hope.
the sign from god was spot on.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
the sign from god was spot on.
my sign was when my ipod was on random and when i was about one song from home on came 'come on you reds'. then i knew we'd be ok.

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

Quote:
i hope im wrong but i can see a typical united away implosion.

a goal conceeded, rooney sent off, ronaldo sulking and park being dragged off after 74 minutes as we need a goal.

hope im wrong though. we havent performed well away from home all season and our team selections have all been poor.
anyway - just to confirm, you were wrong

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
anyway - just to confirm, you were wrong
and im up £400 from the result (kind off)

im not complaining.

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
and im up £400 from the result (kind off)

im not complaining.
did you have a bet on the apprentice then

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
did you have a bet on the apprentice then
yep. but he didnt score unfortunately.

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Ando just did things. That's why he got a 5 from useless @#%&!s who don't know what theyre looking for. TBH, he was exactly what we needed but he wasnt immense. Just very good. A 7.7 on the judges books.

Rooney took an injury, he was told not to tackle in the second half and put in a shift.

I reckon most of them were around 7-7.5s, Ronnie the stand out with an 8.

Nani did exactly what he came on to do. Kept the ball well in the dying minutes and forced a couple of corners taking alot of pressure off.

I thought Nani's cameo was surprisingly mature. Not quite sure why he went with him over Tevez, but as you say, he kept the ball well, gained us yards by running the ball into the corner and showed one or two nice touches. Contributed to the victory. Good lad.

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I thought Nani's cameo was surprisingly mature. Not quite sure why he went with him over Tevez, but as you say, he kept the ball well, gained us yards by running the ball into the corner and showed one or two nice touches. Contributed to the victory. Good lad.
man-management? might've cheered Nani up a bit!

Unread 16-04-2009, 02:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
man-management? might've cheered Nani up a bit!
And confused Tevez even further. Was just a strange choice because it left us with no one to hold the ball up and Nani hasn't exactly been on form recently and there has been nothing to suggest he would get that sort of nod. But all's well that ends well and he did his job.
Closed Thread