United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-11-2023, 10:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What about city owning Girona too? They are top of La liga atm. How dodgy is this:

I have no idea how the authorities let this shit happen.

No owners or ownership group should be allowed an interest in more than one club, not even 0.01%.

The game has absolutely zero integrity.

Unread 19-11-2023, 10:49 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

No owners or ownership group should be allowed an interest in more than one club, not even 0.01%.

Unread 19-11-2023, 11:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

If you're Barca/Madrid and you're watching City win the European Cup and then they're now eyeing up your league but under a different name, how are you jot speaking up? It's all kinds of wrong. In 20 years, if they go untouched and untroubled, how many leagues will they have top teams in?

Unread 19-11-2023, 11:37 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
If you're Barca/Madrid and you're watching City win the European Cup and then they're now eyeing up your league but under a different name, how are you jot speaking up? It's all kinds of wrong. In 20 years, if they go untouched and untroubled, how many leagues will they have top teams in?
I’m hoping they have a team in the north west counties division 2 within the next 3 years

Unread 19-11-2023, 11:50 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
They have the same in France (ES Troyes AC) except they own all of it. They were promoted but went back down immediately, but they are inevitable.

Unread 19-11-2023, 12:01 PM
larry

On 23 August 2017, it was announced City Football Group (CFG), a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi United Group, had purchased 44.3% ownership in Girona. Another 44.3% was held by Girona Football Group, led by Pere Guardiola, the brother of CFG-owned Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.[14]

although tbf doesnt look like they've spent much money, record signing was 7.75m euros

Unread 19-11-2023, 12:04 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
On 23 August 2017, it was announced City Football Group (CFG), a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi United Group, had purchased 44.3% ownership in Girona. Another 44.3% was held by Girona Football Group, led by Pere Guardiola, the brother of CFG-owned Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.[14]

although tbf doesnt look like they've spent much money, record signing was 7.75m euros
Probably warehousing young players.

Unread 19-11-2023, 01:39 PM
Ethers

Daley Blind plays for Girona, so I’m loathe to criticise them too match.

It £#%&!ing stinks though

Unread 19-11-2023, 02:42 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry

The signing was probably Pep’s dog, who they immediately loaned back to him for 15 years.

Unread 19-11-2023, 03:54 PM
MUFC One Love

How city get away with it is mad. Money talks though and nothing much will happen. The “PL” brand is to important.

Unread 19-11-2023, 03:56 PM
larry

that they're both called *** Football Group seems a little suspect. coincidence that they both have very similar names? or perhaps both groups created around the same time by the same people and given the same percentage of ownership?

Unread 19-11-2023, 10:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
they won’t even get a fine
I think they will get some sort of punishment, the credibility of football authorities will sink below zero if they don't.

But no, I don't have much optimism it will be on anything like the scale merited.

Unread 20-11-2023, 01:49 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think they will get some sort of punishment, the credibility of football authorities will sink below zero if they don't.

But no, I don't have much optimism it will be on anything like the scale merited.
Even if it’s something in name only . Can always say to a city fan “ …yea but you were found guilty of… so really there’s an asterisk on everything post 2008”

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:05 PM
History

I would hope the PL are using this opportunity to show a potential independent regulator they are capable of holding the sport to the highest of standards...

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:07 PM
Ethers

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:13 PM
Finport Red

There’s more chance of the PL being expelled.

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:30 PM
AK14

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:38 PM
red red robbo

I can't take someone seriously if they can't even manage to format a letter such that the sign off isn't on it's own page. A simple tweak of the font size, line spacing, page margins or any other number of tricks could have resolved this ugliness

Unread 20-11-2023, 03:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Superb thread that. Its great that it's not being ignored anymore and everyone is getting stuck in.

Unread 20-11-2023, 04:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I can't take someone seriously if they can't even manage to format a letter such that the sign off isn't on it's own page. A simple tweak of the font size, line spacing, page margins or any other number of tricks could have resolved this ugliness
not sure if serious.