Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-06-2023, 07:15 AM
AK14

Isn’t Haaland on something like 800k?

Unread 20-06-2023, 07:16 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Who gives a £#%&! about Halaand? How is that relevant?

He presumably thinks he deserves as much as De Gea and Sancho. Hard to argue with that tbh
Was literally about to post that De Gea is on £375,000 and Sancho £350,000 (reportedly).

There's two players in the squad that dragged us through last season and deserve the money, and Rashford is one of them.

If De Gea does go, then after Rashfords pay increase we're still £200k per week up.

Unread 20-06-2023, 07:17 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No idea but I will assume he's on way more than 375k. Way more.

Unread 20-06-2023, 08:17 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
£375,000 a week!!!

They are going to pay him the same amount as Haaland and more than Salah???

He hasn't even scored 20 goals yet let alone close to 30, and he's already making more than Harry Kane!

Joel Glazer must be one daft £#%&!!

I've never seen a club run so badly. It makes no fiscal sense. Rashford must be on his last contract year, and their desperate to keep him??? My only guess.
Final year of contract, isn't it?

As one who called the renaissance of Rashford last summer, its worth noting that it wasn't the first time he's put in a big season, and wouldn't be the first time he's regressed thereafter.

Question with his game is whether the prior deterioration was due to bad coaching, or simple distractions/lack of consistency. If former, w/ ETH contract makes sense. If latter, we'll need to see how he performs now he's set financially on a bumper contract.

Ultimately though given the contract situation & fact he scored 30% of the team's league goals, the club had to acquiesce here. In the top 3 left forwards in world football, and none of his peers are attainable. Couldn't let him walk, so he needs to be paid.

Unread 20-06-2023, 08:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Hang on ? People are questioning rashford again ?

We're back in the champions league and have silverware in the cabinet due to this lad ...

Unread 20-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nah mate. He’s only a £50m player, so probably only on £100k per week, tops. Heard he also likes to help out in the ticket office sorting the 120k season ticket requests.

Unread 20-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

He's on 375k basic. I would guess that doesn't involve bonuses etc.

Unread 20-06-2023, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Nah mate. He’s only a £50m player, so probably only on £100k per week, tops. Heard he also likes to help out in the ticket office sorting the 120k season ticket requests.

Rumours are he’s guaranteed £900k a week with the way the bonuses are structured. Doubt that includes the ‘pension’ paid into the Cayman Isles account on his behalf by an unknown quantity in the Middle East.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...yer-world.html

Unread 20-06-2023, 12:57 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Who gives a £#%&! about Halaand? How is that relevant?

He presumably thinks he deserves as much as De Gea and Sancho. Hard to argue with that tbh
The problem with that argument though is that it shows how badly run the club is.

My best guess is that De Gea signs a new contract because no other football club in their right mind outside of Sadia Arabia is going to pay £375 for a goalkeeper.

At £375 David De Gea makes 2 and half times more than the next highest paid goalkeepers in the EPL.

Kepa and Allison at £150

Dean Henderson makes more than Ederson!!!

How do you sell Sancho if he's on the same salary as Salah??? Whose going to pay that.

So when looking at how much Rashford should be paid per week, you should be looking at what other clubs are paying players that are the equivalent to Rashford....not what De Gea and Sancho are making.

Unread 20-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Time For Heroes

People moaning about thiswage increase have to think about how much it would cost to replace him too. Any new signing that gave you 25+ goals in a season would be on £250k a week plus transfer fee....

Unread 20-06-2023, 02:01 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
People moaning about thiswage increase have to think about how much it would cost to replace him too. Any new signing that gave you 25+ goals in a season would be on £250k a week plus transfer fee....
Fair enough, but Rashford hasn't scored 25 plus goals in the EPL yet. He hasn't even scored 20 goals....though I imagine he will next year if he stays fit.

Todd Boehly is helping inflate wages.....but if I were to put a number on Rashford, I'd pay £315 to £340 per week tops until he starts crossing that 20 goal threshold regularly.

Unread 20-06-2023, 02:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Fair enough, but Rashford hasn't scored 25 plus goals in the EPL yet. He hasn't even scored 20 goals....though I imagine he will next year if he stays fit.

Todd Boehly is helping inflate wages.....but if I were to put a number on Rashford, I'd pay £315 to £340 per week tops until he starts crossing that 20 goal threshold regularly.
You tight bastard. That isn't even minimum wage.

Unread 20-06-2023, 02:09 PM
atticusgrinch

We've been getting taken for a ride for years on wages, thanks primarily to that cretin Woodward.

Salah got £300k a week after he'd won the League & CL with the dippers and been scoring 30 + a season for 5 seasons.

That should be the benchmark if we want to get wages at a sensible level.

We want players who want to play for Man United first and foremost. If they really want to be at the club, they should demonstrate that by accepting lower wages than they could get at PSG/Chelsea etc. Especially so if they've won £#%&!-all of any importance in the grand scheme of things.

Unread 20-06-2023, 02:40 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You tight bastard. That isn't even minimum wage.
Hmmm, I suppose your right....I guess we could do a little more. How about.... £341

Unread 20-06-2023, 04:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
The problem with that argument though is that it shows how badly run the club is.

My best guess is that De Gea signs a new contract because no other football club in their right mind outside of Sadia Arabia is going to pay £375 for a goalkeeper.

At £375 David De Gea makes 2 and half times more than the next highest paid goalkeepers in the EPL.

Kepa and Allison at £150

Dean Henderson makes more than Ederson!!!

How do you sell Sancho if he's on the same salary as Salah??? Whose going to pay that.

So when looking at how much Rashford should be paid per week, you should be looking at what other clubs are paying players that are the equivalent to Rashford....not what De Gea and Sancho are making.
I’m not debating that DDG and Sancho shouldn’t be on those wages. But the fact is they are. And Rashford is going to look at those numbers and think (correctly) that he should be earning equivalent. He’s not going to go “oooh, woody £#%&!ed up with them didn’t he! I best stick to £200k”

It would be the same in any job. Regardless of whether they deserve it or not, if someone is getting more than you for doing a (shitter) job you want parity.

So what do we do, take a stand and potentially lose one of the best players in the world? Of course not. So we have to pay him what he wants.

Unread 21-06-2023, 03:12 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
I’m not debating that DDG and Sancho shouldn’t be on those wages. But the fact is they are. And Rashford is going to look at those numbers and think (correctly) that he should be earning equivalent. He’s not going to go “oooh, woody £#%&!ed up with them didn’t he! I best stick to £200k”

It would be the same in any job. Regardless of whether they deserve it or not, if someone is getting more than you for doing a (shitter) job you want parity.

So what do we do, take a stand and potentially lose one of the best players in the world? Of course not. So we have to pay him what he wants.
It's all good.

It's a problem though....I didn't realize Sancho was on such high wages, so naturally better performing players are going to want to be paid a higher salary than him.

Unread 21-06-2023, 07:56 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
This is the Rashford thread pal.

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:22 AM
Vedder

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:31 AM
20LEgend1999

Fantastic news.

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Marlo and Koppas in bits