Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What was the original plan?

Unread 21-04-2023, 01:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Forgot about Telles & Bailly…

Unread 21-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Sparky***

Seems we’ve been having this conversation for the last 10 bloody years.

It’s not about who you get rid of, it’s about who you get in.

We’ve gotten rid of the likes of Smalling and Ashley young but are Dalot and Lindelof honestly much better?

We honestly need about 5 first team players to get even close to the level City are at. If you want to bolster the whole squad then it’s 8 players. That’s just to get near them because we are so far away we may as well be playing a different sport.

Unread 21-04-2023, 01:14 PM
dunk

Smalling is a much better CB than Maguire for a kick off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
What was the original plan?
Keep them forever until they’re ambassadors and never buy a player for a position we already have a player on the books for.

Unread 21-04-2023, 01:16 PM
puressence

AT THIS RATE WE WILL HAVE 7 PLAYERS FFS

Unread 21-04-2023, 01:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Seems we’ve been having this conversation for the last 10 bloody years.

It’s not about who you get rid of, it’s about who you get in.

We’ve gotten rid of the likes of Smalling and Ashley young but are Dalot and Lindelof honestly much better?

We honestly need about 5 first team players to get even close to the level City are at. If you want to bolster the whole squad then it’s 8 players. That’s just to get near them because we are so far away we may as well be playing a different sport.
It’s been 8 players needed since LvG’s first summer. Buying on the cheap/buying old or buying those with favourable financial terms has meant that number never changes, the names on the out list just change due to age/proving themselves not good enough/manager change etc.

They should be getting more tbh. We must be the only top club around that doesn’t have young up and coming defenders and midfielders at the age to actually be getting first team action to bolster the squad. Everyone is ancient or at their peak, other than Malacia. (Mainoo not included as too young).

AWB/Dalot (one of)
Shaw
Malacia
Martinez
Varane
Lindelof
Casemiro
The Scottish Player (apparently )
Eriksen
Bruno
Rashford
Antony
Garnacho

Can stay. Every single other first team squad player needs £#%&!ing off. Then you need to bring in 10-15 players (inc. 3 keepers tbf) to re-fill the squad.

Do it over 2 or 3 windows and you’re replacing Cas, Varane and Eriksen too.

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling is a much better CB than Maguire for a kick off.
well, yes. but we dumped him for a ball-playing cb.

the challenge is recruitment.

malacia is shit, by the way. hard to believe people saying keep him, but ditch wan b.

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:23 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Because he’d been phoning it in for over two years. Compare that to Jones, Ddg, Martial etc

This list. Maybe Fred for backup
Back up what? waste of a pair of boots

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

malacia is shit, by the way. hard to believe people saying keep him:
Sell Malacia in the summer

This guy....

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sell Malacia in the summer

This guy....
maybe read what I actually said?

you love him. fine. you've chosen the (very small) hill on which you want to make your stand. good luck with that. I wish you and mighty mouse all the best. I suspect you will find it increasingly hard to justify your stance on this, but it will be fun watching you try. maybe he will suddenly grow big and strong and start making the sort of penetrating runs that shaw does or putting in the sort of crosses that.... um.... well, you know. the sort of crosses someone like kane might be expecting that no one in our team plays, ever.

if he's shown more this season than wan b, I'm a banana.

p.s. have checked. I'm not a banana.

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:52 PM
shenwen

Lot of media running with us ditching Sancho, Martial, Maguire and other senior players. No idea if it’s someone from the club briefing or just more made up shit from bad journalists.

Glass half full, could we be heading for a big summer with 6-7 new signings? Think we all agree it’s needed but could we even afford it as things stand.

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:54 PM
dunk

Malacia has done enough to earn another season or two imo. He’s young, tenacious and will improve. The only reason Dalot or AWB are on the ‘out’ lists is because it appears quite clear a RB is on the list for the summer and we don’t need 3 and do need sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Lot of media running with us ditching Sancho, Martial, Maguire and other senior players. No idea if it’s someone from the club briefing or just more made up shit from bad journalists.

Glass half full, could we be heading for a big summer with 6-7 new signings? Think we all agree it’s needed but could we even afford it as things stand.
Feels like we’ve said this going into every summer since 2014.

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:02 PM
BigJim

I wouldn't be so quick to send Pellistri or Amad out on another round of loans tbh. You lose a fair bit of control and there's a danger they end up getting lost in the ether. Sometimes it's better to see what they've got training against the best every day, being schooled by ten Hag and getting the odd chance in early round ties or low level league games.

I think both have done enough to warrant a closer look, unlike someone like Elanga who's had more than enough opportunities.

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

you love him. fine. you've chosen the (very small) hill on which you want to make your stand. good luck with that. I wish you and mighty mouse all the best. I suspect you will find it increasingly hard to justify your stance on this, but it will be fun watching you try. maybe he will suddenly grow big and strong and start making the sort of penetrating runs that shaw does or putting in the sort of crosses that.... um.... well, you know. the sort of crosses someone like kane might be expecting that no one in our team plays, ever.

They don't even play in the same position, it's not an argument....

Btw I don't want AWB sold....

Your Malacia hate from hour one is despicable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
I wouldn't be so quick to send Pellistri or Amad out on another round of loans tbh. You lose a fair bit of control and there's a danger they end up getting lost in the ether. Sometimes it's better to see what they've got training against the best every day, being schooled by ten Hag and getting the odd chance in early round ties or low level league games.

I think both have done enough to warrant a closer look, unlike someone like Elanga who's had more than enough opportunities.
Pellestri Is absolutely dog toffee....

Sell.

He's had 3 loans already....

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Same to you re De Gea 👍

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They don't even play in the same position, it's not an argument....

Btw I don't want AWB sold....

Your Malacia hate from hour one is despicable...

Pellestri Is absolutely dog toffee....

Sell.

He's had 3 loans already....
it's not a case of wan b or malacia. it's that saying wan b is inadequate, when he has actually had a good season, makes no sense if saying malacia is a must keep. I would keep both of them. malacia needs to prove himself, though, because he is shit. wan b has been shit, but not recently.

I have never hated malacia (as I have pointed out when you have made this silly and baseless accusation before). I have had plenty of nice things to say. it's just ridiculous to suggest he should displace shaw at lb. he's is nowhere near shaw's standard. nowhere £#%&!ing near.

and then you go on to slag pellistri? ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Same to you re De Gea 👍
I absolutely don't love de gea. what he's good at, he's good at. his weaknesses are obvious - communication, character, distribution, coming for crosses or sweeping (sad that the third goal last night was him trying to do what we want him to do). if we can get a better keeper... good bye, dave. swapping him for henderson can £#%&! off, though.

changing the keeper is not a priority. rb, dm, cb... all required. I'd rather have a back-up lb than a new keeper.

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's not a case of wan b or malacia. it's that saying wan b is inadequate, when he has actually had a good season, makes no sense if saying malacia is a must keep. I would keep both of them. malacia needs to prove himself, though, because he is shit. wan b has been shit, but not recently.

I have never hated malacia (as I have pointed out when you have made this silly and baseless accusation before). I have had plenty of nice things to say. it's just ridiculous to suggest he should displace shaw at lb. he's is nowhere near shaw's standard. nowhere £#%&!ing near.

and then you go on to slag pellistri? ffs.

I absolutely don't love de gea. what he's good at, he's good at. his weaknesses are obvious - communication, character, distribution, coming for crosses or sweeping (sad that the third goal last night was him trying to do what we want him to do). if we can get a better keeper... good bye, dave. swapping him for henderson can £#%&! off, though.

changing the keeper is not a priority. rb, dm, cb... all required. I'd rather have a back-up lb than a new keeper.

Unread 21-04-2023, 04:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Imbecile.

Unread 21-04-2023, 04:32 PM
tatty

I’d sell Maguire twice.

Unread 21-04-2023, 05:04 PM
Coracao

Start by binning half the names on our list here and replace them with people who can put the ball in the net and actually create chances for others.

Sancho, Weghort = bin, absolutely useless.
Martial = bin, complete and utter liability.

Rashford currently the only one who'd merit challenging for a regular place in a top side.

Hope 10HAG comes to the realisation that teams can score goals by putting crosses in - we are currently 18th in the league for attempted crosses.

Then start with the calamity of midfield, full backs and keeper.
Closed Thread